• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
All of the gym leaders in Johto have the same eye colour as their hair, except Morty.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Energy transfers from one form to anouther form and transfers from one place to anouther place. Thus how Rotom's forms work.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
In HGSS, Raikou and Entei will obviously roam Johto. They can be found at any given point on a route in which Pokemon can be encountered by moving from tile to tile. I know this because I encountered Raikou while surfing on route 42, which also contains grass tiles. This is probably due to carryover programming from DPPt, wherein every roaming Pokemon in any of those given games either has the ability levitate or has flying as a secondary type.

So, you can encounter Entei and Raikou while surfing in HGSS.

Last edited:

Cubones_Mother

Go Super Sandslash!
In HGSS, Raikou and Entei will obviously roam Johto. They can be found at any given point on a route in which Pokemon can be encountered by moving from tile to tile. I know this because I encountered Raikou while surfing on route 42, which also contains grass tiles. This is probably due to carryover programming from DPPt, wherein every roaming Pokemon in any of those given games either has the ability levitate or has flying as a secondary type.

Confirmed :p I foudn Raikou in the middle of surfing and asked why Raikou walked on Water.

Also, Your rival reffences The Joker saying " Why So Serious" in one of the battles with him, most likely in the Goldenrod underground battle

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Gloom is the only Pokemon that loses a type when it evolves. (into Bellossom, that is)

Now some Azurill facts:
Azurill is the only Pokemon (besides Eevee) who changes type totally when it evolves.
(Normal -> Water)
Furthermore, 33% of female Azurill change gender when they evolve.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Cute Charm can be used to increase all Pokemon's chance of being a certain gender to 67%, the certain gender being the one opposite to the Pokemon with Cute Charm's. THAT'S why I have a female shiny Eevee.
Interestingly enough, it doesn't affect swarms for some reason.
Phanpy and Teddiursa are the only Pokemon to switch exclusivity, I think this has probably already been posted.
Entei, Suicune and Raikou are the only running legends to be affected by Arena Trap.

Whitney always cries when she loses. In HG/SS, she's not crying when you beat her in rematches.
Some sicko thought it would be nice to put the Day Care, a place where Pokemon breed and make eggs, on route 34. Also, naughty Pokemon can find shiny leaves on route 34.
Team Rocket's Murkrow is the only known talking Pokemon in the games... off the top of my head, anyway.
There's a Bug Catcher that can call you mentioning something about losing (Or almost losing, can't remember) to a Drowzee, then asks you what Drowzee's weakness is.
Lyra (Maybe Ethan?) calls you telling you their Marill is evolving... apparently, they stop the evolution, as going to their house reveals they still have Marill.
There is no route 23 in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Actually, the Legendary Beasts including Raikou and Entei has been like that (can be encountered in water routes) since at least FR/LG.
Probably even since G/S/C, I'm not sure since it has been a long time since the last time I played 2nd Gen games.

Cubones_Mother

Go Super Sandslash!
Rotom is motor spelled backwards.
As everyone has already said. Just like Ekans spelled backwards is Snake and Arbok backwards is Kobra.

Funny little HG/SS fact:
I just thought i should mention that if you have a Krabby or Kingler following you, they will walk sideways

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Arcanine's original name was going to be Blaze. For some reason, (maybe cause of the fire starter abilty) they kept arcanine,

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Arcanine's original name was going to be Blaze. For some reason, (maybe cause of the fire starter abilty) they kept arcanine,

Just asking, any source for this?

And when Arcanine was introduced in RBY, abilities didn't exist and didn't come into existence until gen 3.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^Oh, it was the Japanese name, was it? Anyway, that list is pretty long. lol at Magnemite named "Coil" and Koffing named "Ny".