• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

aurasageluke

AuraSage
Idk if I said this before, but Victini is a representation of the greek Goddess Nike, who proclaimed Victory as her own. This also hints that if there's another Mystery Dungeon game, Victini could be a female.

pseudoman

bounce isn't fly...and in the manga, Blue flies around with her jigglypuff...also in regards to fly, take a look at pidgey, spearow, starly, wingull, pidove, etc...they all can learn fly and are well under 12 pounds...

Well they have wings and are part flying type.

Does blue tell her jigglypuff to use fly?

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Mew wasn't intended by game developers to exist. In Red & Blue, good ol' Morimoto programmed it in as a prank. It was discovered through a glitch and ended up becoming popular and widely accepted.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Spoink will die if it stops moving because it's heart is pumped when it bounces.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
- Bulbasaur used to be the first Pokemon in national Pokedex order back when poison was weak to bug, but that title now belongs to Charizard.

- Treecko has the highest speed out of all of the first forms of a starter.

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
... you guys took all of mine ;_;

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Do you know you can soft reset for the trainers in Nimbasa Stadium (both the big one and the small one)?

Which means you can get up to 7 Rare Candies per week just from the Stadium, by SR-ing until that one Nursery Aide appears.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Hey guys, take a look at this!

Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon's names are based on "one, two, three" in German.

I couldn't get their names right until I discovered this:

Deino (Die-no)

Zweilous (Zvi-lous)

Hydreigon (Hi-drey-gon)

pseudoman

a pikachu has no wings and it flies doesn't it? It flies through the same method a jiggltpuff would...the little birds are just response to the "pokemon under 12 pounds" argument...

Pikachu flies via balloon travel.

Now that i did a tiny bit of research, Yellow's pikachu does actually use fly in the manga, but as far as im aware it's still by balloons.

Ok, i guess jigglypuff can fly then. Sorry if i wasted anyone's time.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Despite its HG/SS dex entry stating it can support a grown human in flight, Yanmega cannot learn Fly.

Despite lacking feet, Dusknoir can legitimately know Mega Kick.

Despite a large portion of its in-game animation showing it spinning rapidly, Ferroseed cannot learn Rapid Spin.

Doduo and Dodrio can learn Steel Wing, despite apparently lacking actual wings. Conversely, Clefairy and Clefable, both of whom DO have wings, can't learn Steel Wing or Wing Attack.

Despite most of its Generation III dex entries praising its sense of smell, Weedle cannot learn Odor Sleuth.

Despite its diet of rotten garbage, and the fact that the move requires the spewing of garbage at the foe, Koffing and Weezing cannot learn Gunk Shot.

Despite other snake Pokémon being able to do so, Serperior can't learn Earthquake.

pseudoman

Forretress is the only bug type to learn zap canon after it stopped being a tm.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Golbat is almost as big as Crobat, but only Crobat can learn Fly.