• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

razor fire

(My apologies if any of these have already been mentioned)

1.In R/B it is mentioned that Mew gave birth to Mewtwo (suggesting Mew was female), who was then experimented on and transformed into what it is today. Later games would retcon two of these facts: making Mew genderless and unable to breed.

2.Mr. Fuji and Blaine were both part of the research team who studied Mew and Mewtwo.

3.The rival from G/S/C is Giovanni's son.

4.If you use any of the rods on one of the Pokémon statues in a gym in R/B, the game registers it as being a water tyle, and you can catch Pokémon (usually Magikarp).

5.If you repeat the steps from R/B/Y to get to the secret area in FrRd/LfGr located beside the S.S.Anne, where the truck is, and use the Itemfinder, there is a Lava Cookie in the corner of the docks. Do the trick, win a cookie.

1.uhm, actually what they meant with the mew
gave birth to mew2 thing was that they took a gene from mew and cloned it, making another mew. but something went wrong and thus making it look different. then they wanted to change him even more and it became the fierce mewtwo. what they meant was that the genes of mew made mewtwo.

2.Jessie of team rocket had a mom who also was a part of the team. but she died so she was never seen again.

3. I'm not sure but after what I have heard this is not completely confirmed. they might be although it is not 100% confirmed. this is just what I've heard though.

4. In Brawly's gym (3rd gen) when you're inside the gym, you can talk to the wall. just go behind the right gym statue and up to the wall. then you press A and it will tell you something.

5. This is just to confirm that the glitch doesn't work anymore and to reward them for trying it. also this is the only place to get it before the E4.

RICH

i just wanna know how the f*** does machamp get four arms when it evolves from machoke?

theanime-dialgamazter

Now with one eyebrow
1.uhm, actually what they meant with the mew
gave birth to mew2 thing was that they took a gene from mew and cloned it, making another mew. but something went wrong and thus making it look different. then they wanted to change him even more and it became the fierce mewtwo. what they meant was that the genes of mew made mewtwo.

2.Jessie of team rocket had a mom who also was a part of the team. but she died so she was never seen again.

3. I'm not sure but after what I have heard this is not completely confirmed. they might be although it is not 100% confirmed. this is just what I've heard though.

4. In Brawly's gym (3rd gen) when you're inside the gym, you can talk to the wall. just go behind the right gym statue and up to the wall. then you press A and it will tell you something.

5. This is just to confirm that the glitch doesn't work anymore and to reward them for trying it. also this is the only place to get it before the E4.
Where in brawley's gym???? is it emerald

RaikouSpecialLover

Questshipping 4ever!
actually the whole 666 thing is a mistranslation from the original text. the real number is 616.

I don't know, there's six claws, six legs, six black stripes, origin form looks like a snake, how could that not be 666?

Xewtwo

Apparently, when a Paras evolves, it is completely taken over by the massive mushroom on its back. Like a bodysnatcher. I find it creepy.

Rex911

Mightyena FTW!

jono123

Im not a hundred % about this but if someone could confirm it

Orignaly gamefreak planned to realise 250 pokemon not 151 but i think it was budgetary constaints that meant they couldnt and realesed them seperatly.

This would make some sense as in the anime we see Ho-oh and i think suicine apeared very early on.

But then in some cases it doesnt make sense ie not throwing in baby pokemon into the first gen and moving some others which didnt have links to other pokemon back to the second.

arceus03

Sorry if someone already mentioned this. I just discovered it today --;

Heatran is the only legendary that has a gender ratio that might be female or male - 50% male and 50% female. The others are genderless or 100% male / 100% female.

Cavan_II

"Dark Lightning"
Not a single flying type pokemon learns bounce.
It was given to Mantyke and Mantine, as well as Hoppip and evolutions.
Technically, they're Flying-types, only they can't learn Fly, so I see what you're saying...

Anyway, when you Seismic Toss a Diglett in Battle Revolution, it's shown to have no legs...

No 3rd generation Fighting and Psychic-type moves changed from Physical to Special, or vice versa.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
bronzong is based on a bell but if the type "sound" comes out he shouldnt learn any "sound" moves because the bell it is based off of is used for rituallistic perposes(SP)and not music

Boote

I don't know, there's six claws, six legs, six black stripes, origin form looks like a snake, how could that not be 666?

While Giratina has 666 what Tomato Jr is saying is that the number of the beast isn't 666 but 616, so while Giratina might be moduled after the number of the beast it was moduled on the wrong number of the beast.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
There's a Pokemon Ranger with the exact same name Cyrus in the battle tower.

And Gorebyss is like an expansion of Clamperl's Pearl, while Clamperl's shell turned into Gorebyss'...bra.

Tomato Jr.

While Giratina has 666 what Tomato Jr is saying is that the number of the beast isn't 666 but 616, so while Giratina might be moduled after the number of the beast it was moduled on the wrong number of the beast.

yeah that is it, GF got the wrong number.
anyway, if you use metronome you can't get metronome or struggle, and if you get counter or mirror coat it never works.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i just realized this happinys body shape is based off the egg in chansey pouch its head or (upper body) is the egg while the bottom is the pouch i just noticed this lol you all probably found this out already

Last edited: