• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
It's based off the dodo BIRD.

Dodrio is based off of an ostrich.

blitzerzero:
I heard it was very broken in PMD1, so they changed it.

What do you mean broken?

Lynnfox:
Goldeen and Seaking, Pokémon that nobody uses, cares about or trains to level 39 (when Seaking learned Waterfall).

Goldeen is awesome, given the right moves. (Ex. Aqua Tail bred)

Mantine is the heaviest Pokemon that you can CATCH in the G/S/C Johto region.​

Abcd

Bringer Of Death
Gengar can be a dark type pokemon and salamence can be a fire type pokemon in the pokemon TCG.
Magnemite and Magneton were the only pokemon ever to change types.
Steel pokemon are the only types that can resist a dragon type attack, but dragons are the only ones who get super effected by a dragon type attack.
Shelgon has a better defense stat then salamence.
Electivire and Elekid both have the same base speed while Electabuzz has the highest.
Electabuzz is more skilled in Sp Attack but Electivire is more skilled in Attack.
Cynthia's Milotic has approximately 280 Hp
Castform Doesn't have a sand form.

Last edited:

gardevoir11

The First Princess
Gengar can be a dark type pokemon and salamence can be a fire type pokemon in the pokemon TCG.

The TCG doesn't have a lot of types; ghost, poison, dragon, and flying are some of the types not part of it IIRC, so of course Gengar and Salamence would get different types. The TCG messes up lots of pokemon types.

Marcos_PokemonTrainer

I'm not sure if this is either Stupid or Funny but...

Empoleon is the only final evolved starter Pokémon who doesn't get a Supper Effective from Grass type moves.

Pokegoth

My Chinese Village
Sableye's Pokédex entries in Diamond and Pearl say that its eyes are made of jewels because that's what it eats...

...But if it's a ghost, why does it need to eat?

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I'm not sure if this is either Stupid or Funny but...

Empoleon is the only final evolved starter Pokémon who doesn't get a Supper Effective from Grass type moves.

Actually empoleon is also the only water pokemon that breaks the grass-fire-water triangle relationship. It recieves regular damage from grass and fire attacks.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Why did gamefreak put wings on charizard it looks dumb Garchomp shouldve been the evo of Sharpedo

It's because they based it on a dragon.

Also since Sharpedo = sea shark and Garchomp = land shark and sea shark =/= land shark then Garchomp =/= Sharpedo evo.

Anyways...
Phanpy could learn Water Gun by breeding in Generation II but not in subsequent generations.

m190049

Local psychopath
Phanpy could learn Water Gun by breeding in Generation II but not in subsequent generations.
That's because it's an elephant. Elephants are known for spraying water out of their trunk, especially in cartoons and stuff.

You know how many Pokemon have the same or similar cries?
Well I discovered one I haven't heard anyone else say...

Ivysaur and Dragonite (And Dragonair, sorta.)

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Volt Tackle is in appreciation of Tekkaman's Signiture move "Voltekka". The Japanese name of the attack is "Volteccer".

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Gastly can learn any of the elemental punches by breeding, and it doesn't even have hands!

In Red and Blue, Lickitung couldn't learn Lick. 0_0

The only Pokémon that have actually had their type changed between generations are Magnemite and Magneton, who went from pure Electric to Electric/Steel. Weird....

In Red, Blue and Yellow, there was, however, only one Dragon move, Dragon Rage, which deals set damage so in fact, Dragon's weakness to Dragon never actually came into account, which is kinda useless.

Azurill is a Normal-type unlike its Water-type evolutions, and has a higher chance of being female (75% as opposed to Marill and Azumarill's 50%). The gender thing also means that some Azurill will in fact change gender when they evolve.

Speaking of Jumpluff's cotton puffs, their shadows are square-shaped in Pokémon Colosseum.

Just like to point out that some of these facts aren't found out by me, though most are.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
There's also Charizard and Rhyhorn, and Diglett and Dodrio. I'm sure there are much more though.

Cutty

Forever now
The fact that we can fish Gyarados in any place with water is also strange.
It could be dangerous in real life yanno.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
If arceus counts as normal-type only no pokemon in the 4th gen are pure steel, flying or dragon.

Last edited:

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
What would happen if Smeargle used Conversion or Conversion2 to change into a pure flying type, and then used Roost?
The mysteries of pokemon are endless.

sanjay120

?(???)?
If arceus counts as normal-type only no pokemon in the 4th gen as pure steel, flying or dragon.

Mawile and Registeel are pure steel, and there are some nfe pure Dragons.

What would happen if Smeargle used Conversion or Conversion2 to change into a pure flying type, and then used Roost?
The mysteries of pokemon are endless.

It would be no type. Immune to nothing, resistant to nothing, weak to nothing. It was tested.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Mawile and Registeel are pure steel, and there are some nfe pure Dragons.

I said 4th gen, not 3rd gen.

But speaking of pure steels, so far only 3rd gen has pure steel pokemons.

Glaice have the exact same base stats as Phione.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
It would be no type. Immune to nothing, resistant to nothing, weak to nothing. It was tested.
Now if it could only stay like that for two turns lets see how the battle plays out edit rank up lt. surge yes

Hammer Bro. 777

Itsa me, Probio!
False Swipe is only good in the non-spinoff games for having a good chance at getting a ledgendary. Yet in PMD it's one of th most powerful attacks, and linking it with another move, basically means a one hit KO.