• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
To get the REGI pokemon, you must know the key. To know the key, you need to understand the game's Braelle (I murdered the spelling... T^T) but to understand that, you need a Braelle Key in real life, or understand Braelle. Then, you need to go into the cave, but that needs a key too, so you need to perform a specific action as the key. Then you must fight the pokemon and catch it.

BUT WAIT!

Regigigas was actually the REGI GOLEM, and the other REGI pokemon who DON'T LIVE IN THE SAME REGION are the key. Somehow, somebody who lives 3 years in the past knows that he can transfer their three legendary pokemon to some unknown region, 3 years in the future, as a key to unlock the golem.

So, basically, to get Regigigas, you need a key for a key, for a key, for a key, to get one of three keys, and THEN you need to have to be able to time-travel and see where the keys are meant to go. That makes perfect sense. Gotta love 'dem REGI'S!!!

Mr. Charlie

2. Untill the 4th generation games if two wobbufet swiched in at the same time thay had to wait untill they started using struggle as none of them could swich out.

Give them both Leftovers and you have an endless battle.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
It would be no type. Immune to nothing, resistant to nothing, weak to nothing. It was tested.

Wouldn't it be weak to electric attacks?

goinGreen said:
Regigigas was actually the REGI GOLEM, and the other REGI pokemon who DON'T LIVE IN THE SAME REGION are the key. Somehow, somebody who lives 3 years in the past knows that he can transfer their three legendary pokemon to some unknown region, 3 years in the future, as a key to unlock the golem

How do you know its in the future, both Hoenn and Sinnoh events could have taken place at the same time. Lucas/Dawn could have called up their old friend Brendan/May and say how they saw a legendary Pokemon(Regigigas)with numerous dots in place of an actual face while Brendan/May say they caught 3 Pokemon(Regice, Regirock, Registeel) just like that and decide to trade them over...and...POOF...;486;!​

Hammer Bro. 777

Itsa me, Probio!
Ariados and Metagross both get Agility, most likely because they have many legs and so could move fast on them. By that logic, shouldn't Parasect get Agility?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wouldn't it be weak to electric attacks?

Roost makes you lose Flying-Type for a turn, and if you are a pure Flying-Type....well, you'll have no type, and therefore no weakness, no resistance, and no STAB either.

How do you know its in the future, both Hoenn and Sinnoh events could have taken place at the same time. Lucas/Dawn could have called up their old friend Brendan/May and say how they saw a legendary Pokemon(Regigigas)with numerous dots in place of an actual face while Brendan/May say they caught 3 Pokemon(Regice, Regirock, Registeel) just like that and decide to trade them over...and...POOF...;486;!

D/P has the same timeline as G/S/C, which is 3 years in the future after events in R/B/Y and R/S/E. Proof? Red Gyarados news at the beginning of D/P says hello.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick

Actually not, because Struggle does recoil to the user equal to 25% of the user's max HP. There's also the fact of the one that uses up its PP last using Counter on the other as it Struggles.

Argon

Banned
Cel: In Pokemon Yellow version, if you buy the Magikarp from the salesman, it will have the Monster sprite instead of the Water sprite...

Mr. Charlie

Actually not, because Struggle does recoil to the user equal to 25% of the user's max HP. There's also the fact of the one that uses up its PP last using Counter on the other as it Struggles.

Not in Generation 3, it caused recoil equal of 50% of the damage back then.

In Pokemon Yellow, 3 of the 7 unobtainable lines were the original Team Rocket Pokemon: Ekans, Koffing and Meowth.
Raichu is also unobtainable, as weird as it sounds, since the only Pikachu in the game cannot be evolved unless traded.

Argon

Banned
Cel: Treecko is the only starter Grass type pokemon to walk on two legs...

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
In Gen 3, the starters had unique moves
(Sceptile=Leaf Blade, Blaziken=Blaze Kick, Swampert=Muddy Water)

If you put the Abra family name's together, they spell Abra-Kadabra Alakazam!! *Wave Wand

People in the crowd: Thanks, Captain Obvious!

Last edited:

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
piplup is the only starter that doesnt know water gun if it hasnt already been said

alli940

I can see you
i dont think any1 has said that hitmonlee,s name is based on bruce lee and hitmonchan,s name is based on jackie chan

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
you're wrong alli, plenty of people have said that
did you know that alot of people dont seem to realise the obvious in pokemon e.g. ekans-snake

Mew Supporter!

Thunder Trainer
Like OMGZ! Did you know that:

Ekans spelt backwards is snake and Arbok spelt backwards is Kobra!!!

The three legendary birds names end with one, two, and three in Spanish! Uno, dos, tres!!!

Just kidding, folks. I'm not an idiot. Seriously, though...

Tyrogue is the only pokemon besides Eevee that has more than two evolutions.

The ? and ! Unown's were in Ruby and Sapphire's coding, even though they were unobtainable.

Many people thought Espeon and Umbreon were unobtainable in the 3rd generation, besides trading from Collaseum (sic)

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫

The three legendary birds names end with one, two, and three in Spanish! Uno, dos, tres!!!

Just kidding, folks. I'm not an idiot. Seriously, though...
we'll it has to be on almost every page its traditional

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Tyrogue is the only pokemon besides Eevee that has more than two evolutions.

The ? and ! Unown's were in Ruby and Sapphire's coding, even though they were unobtainable.

Many people thought Espeon and Umbreon were unobtainable in the 3rd generation, besides trading from Collaseum (sic)

The Slowpoke evolutionary branches are the only branched evolutionary family exclusive to one game(Leaf Green).

Of course the only way to get the ? and ! Unowns in RS is to trade them from FR/LG/E.

And getting Espeon and Umbreon: trade Eevee from FR/LG to RSE, then evolve them by happiness depending on the time. What sucks though, is that trading resets the happiness value.

Eh, everything I said has probably been said already.

Argon

Banned
If you put the Abra family name's together, they spell Abra-Kadabra Alakazam!! *Wave Wand

People in the crowd: Thanks, Captain Obvious!

Cel: Speaking of that, I've noticed that psychic abilities have almost nothing to do with magic, although Abra's family are all Psychic type...

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
In the Pokemon: the Movie 2000 short, Poliwhirl says 'Poliwrath' multiple times during the bellossom scene.

I've always thought that I was miss-hearing that part, but I guess not.

It is a common misconception that Rock Pokémon are immune to electricity, but in fact Electric attacks deal neutral damage to Rock-types.

I know, its ground thats immune, come on ppl!

In Red, Blue and Yellow, there was, however, only one Dragon move, Dragon Rage, which deals set damage so in fact, Dragon's weakness to Dragon never actually came into account.

I never did understand that.

Many people think that Waterfall was a new move in G/S/C, but it existed in R/B/Y - it was just learned only by Goldeen and Seaking, Pokémon that nobody uses, cares about or trains to level 39 (when Seaking learned Waterfall).

I knew it was there, but I at first thought it was a glitch cuz I was using metronome with a clefable. lol

Phanpy could learn Water Gun by breeding in Generation II but not in subsequent generations.

I know, I mean, wtf is up with that? I liked using phanpy with water gun.

Gastly can learn any of the elemental punches by breeding, and it doesn't even have hands!

Maybe ram them?

In Red and Blue, Lickitung couldn't learn Lick. 0_0

Yeah, what was up with that?

Azurill is a Normal-type unlike its Water-type evolutions, and has a higher chance of being female (75% as opposed to Marill and Azumarill's 50%). The gender thing also means that some Azurill will in fact change gender when they evolve.

Yeah, that happened to me. I wanted a female azumarill so bad then my stupid azurill evolved from female to male. I was so mad I restarted my entire game.

It would be no type. Immune to nothing, resistant to nothing, weak to nothing. It was tested.

How would it have no type?

To get the REGI pokemon, you must know the key. To know the key, you need to understand the game's Braelle (I murdered the spelling... T^T) but to understand that, you need a Braelle Key in real life, or understand Braelle. Then, you need to go into the cave, but that needs a key too, so you need to perform a specific action as the key. Then you must fight the pokemon and catch it.

BUT WAIT!

Regigigas was actually the REGI GOLEM, and the other REGI pokemon who DON'T LIVE IN THE SAME REGION are the key. Somehow, somebody who lives 3 years in the past knows that he can transfer their three legendary pokemon to some unknown region, 3 years in the future, as a key to unlock the golem.

So, basically, to get Regigigas, you need a key for a key, for a key, for a key, to get one of three keys, and THEN you need to have to be able to time-travel and see where the keys are meant to go. That makes perfect sense. Gotta love 'dem REGI'S!!!

Woot! Way to go GF!

Did u count in critical hits and stuff?

And getting Espeon and Umbreon: trade Eevee from FR/LG to RSE, then evolve them by happiness depending on the time. What sucks though, is that trading resets the happiness value.

Yeah, that is why I bred and traded the egg. lol

Anyways, here we go.

Every cat type pokemon is normal.
They have 6 electric rats. (this bothers me sooo bad)
Nincada is the only pokemon to evolve into two pokemon at once.
Chikorita was a bad choice in g/s/c cuz of the leader set up. I almost always chose her but still. Its flying then bug. Talk about cold.
Castform for some bizzarre reason has NO ice or sand form.
G/S/C was the only games where u could go to TWO regions.
They don't need anymore electric rats.