• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Argon

Banned
Cel: In the pokemon short featuring Pikachu and the Pichu brothers, the Voltorb said "Electrode" when the Pichu brothers called all of their friends...

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
Girafarig's and Eevee's names are palindromes. :O

Although Wailord is the biggest Pokemon, it is not the heaviest. What's up with an air-filled blimp of a whale?

Rhyhorn learns Tail Whip and Iron Tail.

Where are Arceus' 1,000 arms?

Wurmple's evolution is completely random and has nothing to do with time of day or happiness like I previously thought. X)

Bellossom is the only Pokemon to completely lose a second typing upon evolution.

Hammer Bro. 777

Itsa me, Probio!
Chikorita was a bad choice in g/s/c cuz of the leader set up. I almost always chose her but still. Its flying then bug. Talk about cold.
As was Charmander in R/B/Y/LG/FR.

Munchlax hides bits of food in it's to eat later. Yet it forgets that the bits are there. Uh...How long do you think it's had some bits of food in there? It's been a year since D/P came out, so...

Wurmple's evolution is completely random and has nothing to do with time of day or happiness like I previously thought. X)
That's true for the third gen, but Diamond has the Beautifly line while Pearl has the Dustox line.

I guess that that would make Wurmple the first Pokemon that has its split evos be version exclusive.

Ayindree

Deviously deviant
That's true for the third gen, but Diamond has the Beautifly line while Pearl has the Dustox line.

I guess that that would make Wurmple the first Pokemon that has its split evos be version exclusive.

How can that be right when I had a Wurmple evolve into a Silcoon, and then into a Beautifly, and another into a Cascoon and then Dustox, both on my Diamond game?

I think you more mean that Cascoon can be found on Honey Trees in Pearl but not Diamond, and Silcoon can be found on Honey Trees in Diamond but not Pearl.

Last edited:

Maruno

So many people apparently don't know about a pokémon's personality value, for some reason. The personality value is a 32 bit string (32 digits, each of which can be 1 or 0, leading to 4,294,967,296 combinations). It is randomly generated when a wild pokémon is encountered, and it can never be altered by the player (unless they're hacking).

The personality value is responsible for things like gender, nature, ability (if the pokémon has a dual ability thing), shininess, Spinda's spots, Unown's letter and Wurmple's evolution. Wurmple has a 50% chance of evolving into either of the two paths.

Wurmple's evolution paths are not split between the two games. A Wurmple will still evolve into either Cascoon or Silcoon regardless of the game you're in. However, you cannot encounter wild Cascoon in Diamond, nor wild Silcoon in Pearl.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

off topic:By that logic, you can't really control Wurmple's evo. All you can do is hope for the best and recapture/release your Wurmple/Silcoon/Cascoon.

back on topic: Dragon shares the distinction with Poison of being the two types to never deal 4x damage.

A theoretical Pokémon of all seventeen types would only be weak to Rock(which, incidentally, has no 100% accurate physical moves).

6rdfar90

The Person From UK
off topic:By that logic, you can't really control Wurmple's evo. All you can do is hope for the best and recapture/release your Wurmple/Silcoon/Cascoon.

back on topic: Dragon shares the distinction with Poison of being the two types to never deal 4x damage.

A theoretical Pokémon of all seventeen types would only be weak to Rock(which, incidentally, has no 100% accurate physical moves).

Dragon can deal 4x damage to Pokemon - other Dragon Types.

As can Poison against grass type pokemon - Bellossom, Skiploom, Jumpluff etc

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
You DO know that "Super Effective" only means 2x damage?
I suppose if you apply Critical Hits it would be, essentially, 4x damage.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^

actually you can get beautifly in pearl on route 224(i tihnk) the one where you go to meet shaymin

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
In Sinnoh The Starters Final Evos Type Match Ups Are Reverse
Infernape Beats Empoleon Beats Torterra Beats Infernape
Im Really Sorry If This Has Already Been Said.

Blade-zulah

Cool Trainer
Gible's name spelled backwards is "Elbig", which may possibly be Spanish for "The Big", perhaps. SECRETS REVEALED!

If you use a Leaf Stone and then a Water Stone on a Pikachu in R/B, then talk to Professor Oak 100 times, and finally beat the Elite 4 365 times with a party of 3 Mews and 3 Missingno.s... absolutely nothing will happen. SECRETS REVEALED!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Gible's name spelled backwards is "Elbig", which may possibly be Spanish for "The Big", perhaps. SECRETS REVEALED!

Pure coincidence. "El" is "the" in Spanish, but "big" in spanish is "grande". You're combining English and Spanish. It would have to be Elgrande, or Ednargle. *shudder* Besides, Gible's name comes from the word nibble.

Argon

Banned
I knew it was there, but I at first thought it was a glitch cuz I was using metronome with a clefable. lol
Cel: But, I liked Seaking in the first generation...
Yeah, that happened to me. I wanted a female azumarill so bad then my stupid azurill evolved from female to male. I was so mad I restarted my entire game.

Gon: Why couldn't you just turn off your game, then save every level up until it evolves? Once it reaches the level, turn off your game if the gender changed...
They have 6 electric rats. (this bothers me sooo bad)
Ar: I thought there were eight...

Castform for some bizzarre reason has NO ice or sand form.
Cel: Yes, there is an Ice form Castform. The reason for no Sand form is because Sandstorms are technically, not real weather...

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
In Sinnoh The Starters Final Evos Type Match Ups Are Reverse
Infernape Beats Empoleon Beats Torterra Beats Infernape
Im Really Sorry If This Has Already Been Said.

Where does Empoleon beat Torterra?

In Pokemon: The First Movie, the trainer that Ash fights where's a bandana that looks like the ones that the Team Aqua grunts wear, only red.

In every generation bar the second, the first gym is Rock Pokemon, and at least one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon is a Geodude. The third gym has been Electric type twice (1st and 3rd gens), with at least one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon being Voltorb.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Where does Empoleon beat Torterra?

Water-type moves does normal damage to Torterra due to it being part ground. Also, Empo can use Ice Beam ;)

Blade-zulah

Cool Trainer
Pure coincidence. "El" is "the" in Spanish, but "big" in spanish is "grande". You're combining English and Spanish. It would have to be Elgrande, or Ednargle. *shudder* Besides, Gible's name comes from the word nibble.
I know, I was just poking fun at a post above mine (which has since been deleted, I guess) that was rehashing the whole Ekans/Snake, Arbok/Kobra thing. It was an intentionally stupid fact. SECRETS REVEALED

To my knowledge, no trainer you battle in the main Pokemon games ever have nicknamed Pokemon in their teams... yet in Pokemon contests, every single Pokemon you go up against (again, to my knowledge) is nicknamed.