• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Mr. Charlie

Gon: Why couldn't you just turn off your game, then save every level up until it evolves? Once it reaches the level, turn off your game if the gender changed...

Wouldn't do it. A Pokemon's gender is determined by it's personality value, which does not chance once the pokemon have been created. You suggesting an equivalent of leveling a Pokemon to it's evolution level and keep turning off unitl it became a shiny.

Ar: I thought there were eight...

Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu.

Cel: Yes, there is an Ice form Castform. The reason for no Sand form is because Sandstorms are technically, not real weather...

Finally somebody else realizes that!

Garchomp has the lowest base attack among pseudo-legendaries, "only" 130.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Yeah, that happened to me. I wanted a female azumarill so bad then my stupid azurill evolved from female to male. I was so mad I restarted my entire game.
I've never understood people who do that. -_- It's like selling your car because some the paint gets scratched.

They have 6 electric rats. (this bothers me sooo bad)

Mr. Charlie said:
Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu.

Five. Squirrel=/=rat. ;417;

Castform for some bizzarre reason has NO ice or sand form.
See avatar. ;351-i;

Blade-zulah

Cool Trainer
It takes almost 10 times as many steps to hatch a Dratini egg as it does to hatch a Magikarp egg.

From Celebi's dex entry:
It is thought that so long as Celebi appears, a bright and shining future awaits us.

From Togekiss' dex entry:
It will never appear where there is strife.

What do these two Pokemon have in common? You never encounter them in the field. Social commentary much, Gamefreak?

BluBoy14

Did you know that a new protein was discovered in Japan called Pikachurin, named after Pikachu, which helps carry electrical impulses from the eyes to the brain?

Kaioken555

Shadow Pokemon FTW
Since every episode of the pokemon anime ends with "to be continued" except the finales, every season is technically one episode.

Rock Smash is weaker than tackle. An attack that can smash boulders is somehow weaker than than a charging attack?!
edit
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG triple post!

Pokemon need the move surf to swim. yet you can catch fish that don't know surf.

Trainer: i caught a kyogre!
Gyrados:HACK HACK HACK! Oh thank god! thank you! I was drowning! you saved my life!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this only happens in my head, but i think that crys go sharper each time when your pkmn radar gets a higher combo

Argon

Banned
To my knowledge, no trainer you battle in the main Pokemon games ever have nicknamed Pokemon in their teams... yet in Pokemon contests, every single Pokemon you go up against (again, to my knowledge) is nicknamed.

Gon: However, when you are in the same contest as Fantina, she will have a Drifblim with the name, Loony... or it may have been a different Drifblim than her battling Drifblim...
Water-type moves does normal damage to Torterra due to it being part ground. Also, Empo can use Ice Beam ;)

Ar: And Drill Peck...

Cel: No, I mean eight. Isn't the Shinx family all mice?

Argon

Banned
To my knowledge, no trainer you battle in the main Pokemon games ever have nicknamed Pokemon in their teams... yet in Pokemon contests, every single Pokemon you go up against (again, to my knowledge) is nicknamed.

Gon: However, when you are in the same contest as Fantina, she will have a Drifblim with the name, Loony... or it may have been a different Drifblim than her battling Drifblim...
Water-type moves does normal damage to Torterra due to it being part ground. Also, Empo can use Ice Beam ;)

Ar: And Drill Peck...

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
Gon: However, when you are in the same contest as Fantina, she will have a Drifblim with the name, Loony... or it may have been a different Drifblim than her battling Drifblim..

It is a different drifblim. They have different movesets, if you look closely.

Argon

Banned
Cel: In the beginning credits of the first season, there is a girl that almost looks like the female character intended for Pokemon Red and Blue version...

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
dodrio is one maybe the only pokemon to change it tiers through the ages bl uu bl uu

Argon

Banned
Cel: There was never overworld hailstorms in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald version. The only overworld drought was caused by Groudon...

Argon

Banned
Wha... No, they're supposed to be lions.

Cel: Oh. That makes a lot more sense. Anyways, in the pokemon rescue team episode, Gengar once adressed Ekans as "Arbok"...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Mice? o_O No, they're felines.
You look Luxray in the eye and tell him he's a mouse. ;405;

DEspite Drowzee and Hypno's signature move being Dream Eater, and Dorwzee famous for eating dreams, they can only learn Dream Eater by TM. Whaaa....?

Argon

Banned
Mice? o_O No, they're felines.

You look Luxray in the eye and tell him he's a mouse. ;405;

Cel: Someone already told me this. I get the point. Anyways, on your way to Snowpoint city, you have to cross a snowstorm. Every battle on that route, you are in a hailstorm...

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
There is at least 1 Pikachu lookalike in every generation.

Gen 1: Pikachu and Raichu
Gen 2: Pichu
Gen 3: Plusle and Minun
Gen 4: Pachirisu

Argon

Banned
Cel: In pokemon Emerald version, during the battle, you are able to surf between Groudon and Kyogre without getting hurt...