• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
it says on Bulbapedia that:
the sqir- in squirtle might stand for "squirrel"

o_O ... So it does. That IS stupid. Let me point out the obvious here: Squirtle comes from Squirt + turtle. ok? that is all.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
It says in the pokedex that if a Houndoom burns you, the burn never heals. Funny, i used a regular Burn Heal and it worked:p

Maruno

No. Koffing wasn't upside-down. Then, it's mouth would have to be above it's eyes, and I don't think they were, even then.
EDIT: Oh, and the skull and crossbones-pattern would be upside-down then. Not likely at all.
my bad, I must be thinking of something else. this is really going to bug me.
No, it was Koffing that, in Generation 1, had its skull'n'crossbones logo above its face. FireMeowth was just saying that it wasn't literally upside-down (the logo and the face were still upright, just in the opposite places).

no two spinda have the same designs on them
They can, but it's very rare to see two identical Spinda.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
They can, but it's very rare to see two identical Spinda.

Indeed. The odds are 1 in 4,294,967,296, which is 524,288 times rarer than finding a shiny.

No Bug-type can learn Fly.

Bug is resistant to Fighting and Fighting is resistant to Bug.

Fire Fang breaks through Wonder Guard for some reason. Even if you hacked Wonder Guard onto a Sableye or Spiritomb, Fire Fang would hit. o_O

Although Magikarp is probably the worst pokemon, Sunkern has the lower total base stats. (Magikarp has high speed, and Sunkner has 30 in everything.)

Clefairy was originally considered for Pokemon's mascot rather than Pikachu.

There are more Water-type pokemon than any other type, and they make up 19% of all pokemon.

Normal has the most moves with 152 in total, but the secondplace goes to Psychic with only 40.

Weedle is the only pokemon that cannot learn a Normal-type move.

Almost all Fire-type and Ice-type moves are Beatuy in contests. In Gen3, all Fire and Ice moves were.
Most Electric-type moves are Cool in contests

Flying has never been a pure type.

Bulbasaur is the only starter that has a dual type.

If there were a pokemon of all 17 types, it would be weak to only Rock.

Poison was the most common type in Gen1, and it has about 2/3 of all Poison-types now

All Fossil Pokemon are Rock-types.

Ice is resistant only to itself

Dragon is only super effective against itself. However, in Gen1, the only Dragon-type move, Dragon Rage, always did 40 damage, so Dragon was never super effective.

Dragon has the least number of moves, 11.

Only Steel is resistant to Dragon

Dark is the only type there had never been a gym for.

In gen1, Psychic-types were immune to Ghost, despite the fact that official type charts published during gen1 showed that psychic was WEAK to Ghost.

Dark/Ghost is the only possible combonation with no weakness.

All Ghost-type moves are 100% accurate.

Before Gen4's physical/special split, Dark was considered Special. But all Dark moves except Dark Pulse are physical. -_-

more to come.

superpoke

Apollo Creed Elite
minnesota

in the first movie, ash made the pun that he thought vikings only lived in minnesota after seeing team rocket as vikings
funny since minnsota isnt actually in the pokeworld

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
I believe you need some proof to say this. I see nothing really African about her (she might just have a tan, if you were referring to her skin color).

If you were to base Pokemon to Japan, nearly everyone has Japanese names. Also, people w/ non-Japanese names were either A)Lt.Sarge (sp?), B)A gentleman and from gen 3 C)Has a foreign look (Indian Man). From these, I came up w/ the fact that Dahlia (foreign Name) has African ancestry (dark skin color). Then again, this may just be my opinion.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
To those of you who keep saying arceus is the "God of all Pokemon" well, it is the god of pokemon in one sense, being that it has ridiculously high stats and is very much stronger than any other pokemon, but in any other sense, religious or otherwise, it is NOT the God of all Pokemon.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
in the first movie, ash made the pun that he thought vikings only lived in minnesota after seeing team rocket as vikings
funny since minnsota isnt actually in the pokeworld

He did that as a reference to the Minnesota Vikings.

Misty: "I didn't know vikings were still around any more."
Ash: "They mostly live in Minnesota!"

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
To those of you who keep saying arceus is the "God of all Pokemon" well, it is the god of pokemon in one sense, being that it has ridiculously high stats and is very much stronger than any other pokemon, but in any other sense, religious or otherwise, it is NOT the God of all Pokemon.

How do you know it's not considered God by the other Pokémon? For all you know there could be some kind of Pokémonism, where Arceus serves as God.

Proof, people. It's what this thread needs more of.

Maruno

How do you know it's not considered God by the other Pokémon? For all you know there could be some kind of Pokémonism, where Arceus serves as God.

Proof, people. It's what this thread needs more of.
There's another thread for that discussion. Go wade through it.

And since no one in the Pokémon world ever mentions religion of any form, I think we can easily say there is none.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Its name is actually "Foreign Culture Building."
Go figure!

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Magikarp is not the worst Pokemon. That would probably be Combee. All its stats but Speed are awful, it has bad typing (bug/flying) and only knows Gust and Sweet Scent.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Fire Fang breaks through Wonder Guard for some reason. Even if you hacked Wonder Guard onto a Sableye or Spiritomb, Fire Fang would hit. o_O

Fire Fang is super effective against Shedinja, breaking the wonder guard. Any shadow ball or bite or ember could do the same.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Onix is a ginantic 8.8 m snake made of rock but has a base Attack of 45,even Pikachu who is a mouse has a 55 Attack stat '__'

Almost all bird pkmn have big sharp tallons that can kill with but neither of them[exept Murkrow & Honchkrow] can learn Slash,Night Slash,Psycho Cut,Shadow Claw,Cruch Claw,Metal Claw & others...

There isn't any physical rock type move with 100& accuracy