• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Gible can learn dragon rage realy early, so it can pwn early in the game.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Pokemon Contests are actually more exciting than Gym Battles.

In gym battles, you know that Ash is going to be the victor. Even if he loses, he's going to get a rematch.

But in contest battles, you never actually know who's gonna win. In the Phantom episode in Hoenn, i actually thought the Phantom(or whats his nname?) was going to win.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
What is true in the Anime is hardly ever true in the Games.
I personally find the Battles more amusing because of all of the ridiculous stunts Ash pulls off.

Lucario and Steelix are the only Pokemon against which Stealth Rock does minimal damage (3.125% max HP).

All pure Poison-types were introduced in an odd-numbered generation.

Shiny pokemon lower

Chatter is the only move that cannot be sketched.

As such, Sketch and Chatter are the only TRULY signature moves (due to all the others being able to be metronomed or sketched)

Are you sure? When I trained a Smeargle once I tried to Scetch Transform. I never cleared it. Was I just unlucky?

Btw. About Smeargle, did anyone know that it is based at the real life dog, Smear Beagle? That dog was a kind of artist i heard, a painter.
I heard it from a Fact one time in the past. Mabye I have been tricked...

I know more:

Mr.Mime is based at a phatomimer called Marcel. Hence its name in FR/LG and R/B/Y.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee is based at Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.

... and I already told you about Smeargle, right?

It is probably more pokemon of thet kind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Mime is based at a phatomimer called Marcel. Hence its name in FR/LG and R/B/Y.
Actually, that only applies to R/B/Y. In FR/LG it was called Mimien instead.

The Snorunt family are the only ones in the Mineral egg group that can breed with another egg group.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
In D/P, when shiny pokemon appear, for less than a second they are non-shiny as they come out of their balls, but then change to shiny. If you have one, just send it out in battle and look closely.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
Lunatone cannot learn Moonlight despite being based on the moon, while Solrock cannot learn Morning Sun even though it is based on the sun.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I believe they learn those moves from XD Purification, but by no other method.
Solrock and Lunatone can hold Sun and Moon Stones, respectively, though.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
I believe they learn those moves from XD Purification, but by no other method.
Solrock and Lunatone can hold Sun and Moon Stones, respectively, though.

I read on Bulbapedia that Lunatone and Solrock learn Rain Dance and Sunny Day respectively after being purified.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Never mind, they both learn Baton Pass.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
As some people may know, the Hoenn Region is based off Kyushu, and as some would also know that Kyushu was hit hard in WWII. Apparently, the spots the Regi's are located in RSE, is the spots that were hit the hardest during WWII if you compare the Hoenn map to Japan's Kyushu map.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Some people believe that since Ho-oh appeared on the first episode, it was Ho-oh that is Ash's father.

The only reason Ho-oh appeared so that the writers tell the audience that they're are much more Pokemon yet to be discovered than the known 151.

Um, I thought it was the Lickitung that was named Marcel, both in R/B/Y and FR/LG.

No, the Lickitung didn't have a nickname. Unless for some reason there was a professional people-licker named Marcel. =P

Another random Lickitung fact: Its R/S/E its Pokedex entries mention it being "somewhat put off by sour things". Ironically, natures were introduced in those games, making it possible to have a Lickitung that actually liked sour things.

theschmizz

Silver Trainer
the only ground move gligar learns by level up is sandattack, the most common ground move for nonground types to learn. gligar should be flying/poison in my opinion.

-in one episode of the anime, there is a tentacool walking on land on its tentacles.
-nidoking and queen used to be able to breed but now they cant.
-tentacruel looks like a person in the RB sprite

Last edited by a moderator: