• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

hydramon

Shiny Butterfree
There have been dragon/flying, dragon/water, dragon/steel, dragon/ghost, but still no dragon/fire, which you would think would be one of the original ones.

Hmph. All my other ones have been said.

Hippopatas's and Hippodown's coloring is based on camouflage pattern, yet they can't learn Camouflage.

Banette's Ruby dex entry says that it generates energy by sticking pins into its own body, yet it can't learn Acupressure.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Acupressure is similar to acupuncture, with which you are confusing it. Acupressure involves pressing on certain body points to stimulate the senses, while acupuncture involves sticking needles into those points to achieve the same effect.

weavile33

< - Pure awesome!
hippowdon cant learn dig! i also think a level 1 porygon-z is pretty cool!

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
arcanine can learn a dragon type move in each generation except the 3rd.

typhlosion's hair when rubbed together will explode, so how do you brush its hair?

slow poke tails must have a high value, as in GSC people were cutting them off and selling them.

Skeletim

< He is the bestest!
slow poke tails must have a high value, as in GSC people were cutting them off and selling them.

For exactly 1 million poke-dollars I believe

There is only one type that has not been combined w/ Flying yet.........Fighting.......

Actually there's a few, fire/water for example. can't be bothered thinking of more.

Skeletim

Brock was originally thought of being taken off because the creators thought that having him was racist -_-;

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
In the R/B/Y, The glitch Missingno's (;000;) type is Bird/Water. You heard me! Bird type. This meant the programmers originally wanted Pidgeot, Farfetch'd etc to be Bird type, but changed it to Flying.

TobiasBR

Shiny Lover
In the R/B/Y, The glitch Missingno's (;000;) type is Bird/Water. You heard me! Bird type. This meant the programmers originally wanted Pidgeot, Farfetch'd etc to be Bird type, but changed it to Flying.

That's interesting, I didn't know that, I was always afraid to catch Missingno. But now that you're saying I wanna go and catch it.

Wasn't ;000; a Normal/Bird pokemon? But with 2 water guns and sky attack ( or something like that).

Uhh, uhh, fact fact fact....

I can't remember if this has been said, but Feraligatr and Victreebel are at the character limit maximum, meaning Feraligatr can't have an e imbetween the t and r, and Victreebel can't have 2 ls.
A similar thing was going to happen with Gyarados- Skullkraken. Though I'm not sure why Skulkraken wouldn't have suffised (unless they changed it for other reasons- like being to "scary")

In most 3D games, Magneton has mostly seen split apart and never comes together unless it use any attack when everything else, thay are seen stuck together...

Shiny pokemon lower

About Missingno, does anyone know which pokemon it was meant to be?

I have noticed that both the Magnemite and the Porygon Family floating in the air intead of walking,but they don't have levitate as an ability.

Isn't it also strange that Mr. Mime, Slowbro and Slowking have the same name regardless of genders? I just ask.

Isn't it also strange that Mr. Mime, Slowbro and Slowking have the same name regardless of genders? I just ask.

There was no gender in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, also Mr. Mime and Slowbro is not their name in japanese so if thay made those two male only then japan would go: WTF?
But, Slowking's japanese name is "?????" (edit: darn, the japanese text turn into ?...) (Yadoking)... (yay for Bulbapedia?)

I have noticed that both the Magnemite and the Porygon Family floating in the air intead of walking,but they don't have levitate as an ability.

Theres a handfull of Pokemons thats the same, Beedrill is one...
Then theres Venomoth, Dustox, Beldum, Metang, and maybe some more.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Missingno.'s cry is the same as Rhydon's.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
There are plenty of cries in RBY that are identical to others in the same generation.
Yes, but Missingno.'s cry is that way because Rhydon's cry was the first to be programmed!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
In one of the anime's Battle Frontier eps, there was an episode about a Mime Jr. and Bonsly in love. They aren't even in the same egg group. -_-; (Well, ok, no baby pokemon can breed, but Mr.Mime and Sudowoodo can't breed!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Ash's Pikachu might be a girl since it's from Kanto and there weren't gender differences in Kanto.