• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
The name blake has an intersting meaning. (or atleas thats what some name site says) Dark; dark-haired. Can also mean the reverse: 'fair; pale.'

so it has a bigger meaning than a balck hole pun. (but that pun is still epic)

He in a sense isnt pure evil in the end so he goes from dark, to fair XD
Doesn't he change his name to Wyatt at the end. which would be White hole ...?

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
This is more a deep and meaningfull post then 'Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird or Unncommon' post...

In the Pokemon games, different colour Pokemon (shinies) are sort after, cravved and loved...

But in a lot of places in the world, different colours are strange, deserted or even hated...

If we were all Pokemon the world would be a much better place... If you beleive this PM me...

The_Landlord

I don't care...
Feraligatr's name was supposed to be Feraligater, but it was too long and Nintendo could not put it in. If you take out the vowels of feraligatr's name you get FRLGTR, Fire red, leafgrean, team rocket

I may be splitting hairs here, but would it not make more sense for them to have wanted to put an O between the T and R, so that it's Feraligator, seeing as how there is no E in gator? And as we're on the topic, anybody think that they would have made it a double L if they were given enough letters? Feralligator anyone?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This is pretty interesting.

Hippopotas and Hippowdon have some of the more obvious gender differences, being different colored, yet irl Hippos are not sexually dimorphic and look pretty much the same.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Heh. I've just realised something.

The Hitmon family have no logical explanation to why they exist, since they're all male.
:D

In Mystery Dungeon 1 it says that xatu stares into the sun all day but later in the game you find Xatu shopping in pokemon square. lol.

He probably almost went blind from doing that all day.

The only sprite that shows Abra's eyes is Gold.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Heh. I've just realised something.

The Hitmon family have no logical explanation to why they exist, since they're all male.
:D

The only way they could reproduce is w/ Dittos, humans, or a female counterpart Nintendo has yet to create :\

Random Fact: There are 2 Pokemon whose names reference kissing: Togekiss and Smoochum

iirc, Unown is the only Pokemon to gain extra Formes that were not introduced in the same generation as it was (? and !)

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I may be splitting hairs here, but would it not make more sense for them to have wanted to put an O between the T and R, so that it's Feraligator, seeing as how there is no E in gator? And as we're on the topic, anybody think that they would have made it a double L if they were given enough letters? Feralligator anyone?

Because with the extra O the name would be too long for the games.

This is more a deep and meaningfull post then 'Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird or Unncommon' post...

In the Pokemon games, different colour Pokemon (shinies) are sort after, cravved and loved...

But in a lot of places in the world, different colours are strange, deserted or even hated...

If we were all Pokemon the world would be a much better place... If you beleive this PM me...

...What?
Variations of animals and albino critters aren't hated, what are you talking about?

Rayquaza Master77 said:
So legendaries split in half and then become two separate legendaries?
Fission, self-polination... There's more than one kind of assexual reproduction.

Last edited:

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Torchic's have the least known gender difference,males have a small peck on the bottom.

..I wonder why. I'm pretty sure female Torchics wouldn't notice if a male had a peck,and it's hardly noticeable to trainers.

Nolan Bentley

Some gym leaders have weird pokemon because their levels are below what they need to evolve yet they are evolved. Like Norman.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
With the footstep man, if you bring him a golbat, he will make references to how their kind prefer to stay in caves and dark places, but the trainer makes it feel safe in the light.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Lvl. 9 Pidgeotto can be caught in Yellow at Viridian Forest. Cos Yellow followed the anime and Ash caught a wild Pidgeotto at Viridian forest.