• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Thunderstone is the evolutionary stone that sees the least use- evolving only 2 Pokemon.

R_N

Thunderstone is the evolutionary stone that sees the least use- evolving only 2 Pokemon.

Actually the same goes for the Sun stone.
Well, the three new stones as well, but I guess those don't really count since they were just introduced.

In addition, no pokemon have ever been added to the lists of either the Fire or Thunder Stone [of the original 5]. The pokemon they evolve are exclusive to Generation 1 (Water, Leaf, & Moon all got one more in Gen. 3)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Merchants can't buy a moon stone but can buy any other stone.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Sonic Boom and Supersonic are pretty much like Sonic the Hedgehog and his 'Super' character. Though, it's unknown if Tajiri did this on purpose, or without permission, or did it anyway since it may not matter at all.

Blissey has the highest base experience yield of all Pokémon, tied with its pre-evolutions Happiny and Chansey and Arceus. That means a Blissey would yield 13,933 experience points when defeated if it is at level 100 and belongs to a Trainer.

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer
It'd be strange surfing on a tiny pokemon, like a Finneon.

Actually, in the first Pokemon Movie, Misty, Ash, and Brock all made it to Mewtwo's island by what might translate as surfing in the anime. I remember Misty's Staryu pulling her across the water. This means that using surf with a small Pokemon would translate to being pulled across the water. However, this would be very uncomfortable in real life because you, your items, and your clothes will be drenched by the time you make it across a tiny pond to get the hyper potion you spotted from the other side.

The "sui" in Suicune is the Kanji, or Chinese character in Japanese writing, for water.
Smeargle and Articuno are the only two Pokemon who can pull of a Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo in the game.
Arceus is the only Pokemon with pure flying typing if he/she/it is holding the correct plate, not counting ability type changes.

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer

Actually, in the first Pokemon Movie, Misty, Ash, and Brock all made it to Mewtwo's island by what might translate as surfing in the anime. I remember Misty's Staryu pulling her across the water. This means that using surf with a small Pokemon would translate to being pulled across the water. However, this would be very uncomfortable in real life because you, your items, and your clothes will be drenched by the time you make it across a tiny pond to get the hyper potion you spotted from the other side.

The "sui" in Suicune is the Kanji, or Chinese character in Japanese writing, for water.
Smeargle and Articuno are the only two Pokemon who can pull of a Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo in the game.
Arceus is the only Pokemon with pure flying typing if he/she/it is holding the correct plate, not counting ability type changes.

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Dodrio heads are different feelign one for angryness one for sadness and one for happines.

R_N

Sonic Boom and Supersonic are pretty much like Sonic the Hedgehog and his 'Super' character. Though, it's unknown if Tajiri did this on purpose, or without permission, or did it anyway since it may not matter at all.

What
No they aren't.

Sonic boom is caused by breaking the sound barrier, supersonic are a type of sound wave (I believe).
They're actual real life terms, which Sonic's name was probably based off of (Sonic boom, anyway)

Last edited:

BIOMAN

Try me...
In pokemon diamond and pearl Rhyhorn and Charizard share the same battle cry.

burninator59

In pokemon diamond and pearl Rhyhorn and Charizard share the same battle cry.
They're the same in every game, not just DP.

Somehow, Pokemon can use Dive while Diving. ...?

Also, the supposed "Shellder" on Slowbro's tail looks nothing like Shellder, but more like Cloyster.

Bibarel is the only Dual-Type Normal Pokemon weak to Fighting.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Each time a trick house challange is completed they begin to get harder.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
Bet no one thought of this.

In the hand held games, the mini images of Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur are fully green when they should be a greenish blue. Their mini images make them look shiny rather than their normal colors.

burninator59

Each time a trick house challange is completed they begin to get harder.

I think you are spamming. Every 5 posts you put an obvious fact everyone knows.

Torchic and it's evo's are the only starter Pokemon Evolutionary line in which all members have a gender difference.

Actually, in the first Pokemon Movie, Misty, Ash, and Brock all made it to Mewtwo's island by what might translate as surfing in the anime. I remember Misty's Staryu pulling her across the water.

I thought it was lapras.

pokemaster001

I'll bet people realized this, but what the heck
the fisrt three american Pokemon games, Red, Blue, and Yellow's initials are RBY, which is one letter away from Ruby, a Pokemon game two generations later, while the first pokemon games including Japaneese games, Red, Green Blue, and Yellow's initials are the same letter from Rugby, which has no relevance to pokemon at all, but it's a sport somewhere, or it was, something like that