• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Every region has 5 letters in it, except for Sinnoh.
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh

Deo

Even though Magnetmite, Magneton, and Magnezone are always shown floating off the ground in the anime and the games the don't have the ability Levitate.
So how do they get hit by Earthquake, the world may never know.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
^Qwilfish says hi.

All region names besides Almia have an o in them.

Sevy <3 Rosan

Nature, hear my call
Pokémon Gold and Silver started the trend of having legendary Pokémon as mascots, and the trend of using types of jewelry or precious metals as names.

Copies of Pokémon Gold and Silver typically lose the ability to save after a period of about seven years, due to the internal battery running dry (this is due to the constantly-running clock). However, the battery is replaceable with another one of the same kind, although replacing it will reset the game's data. The problem appears less often with Pokémon Crystal.

My silver is ~9 years old, i don't have any problems with it :/

Terry_555

You do mean Flail, not fail, right? Lol.

Nincada is the only Pokémon with a gender that can learn TMs and HMs but cannot learn Attract or Captivate.

Thats because it isn't very attractive. XD

This has probably been said before I think but from G/S/C until ow Nidorina and Nidoqueen can STILL not breed.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Mew = genderless. End of story.

Dusknoir has a face on his belly, and is one out of three that has an "alternate face" (Scizor with its claws with "eyes" on it and Ariados with the marks on its back).

Um arbok and masquirain

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
All region names besides Almia have an o in them.
I said this one page ago. Copycat. >_>

Not counting Porygon2 (for obvious reasons), Togetic was the last Jhoto Pokémon to appear in the anime while Ho-Oh was the first. About a 317 episode gap.

Unown is the only pokemon that can only learn 1 attack. Unless I missed something.

You can count Smeargle. Technically it's only move it learns is Sketch. (but Sketch allows it to copy other moves.) If you don't count Smeargle, then theres Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, and Cascoon. Not counting Iron Defense.

Edit: Ah yes, Ditto. I forgot the little guy. Thankyou shaq-attack for reminding me, I knew I was forgeting something.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Thats because it isn't very attractive. XD.

So Pokemon like Muk, Koffing, Venomoth, and Anorith are attractive?

Of every generation of starters, the Fire-type starters have the highest amount of dual-type fully evolved starters.
Fire = 3 (Charizard/Blaziken/Infernape)
Water = 2 (Swampert/Empoleon)
Grass = 2 (Venusaur/Torterra)

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
dragonite has never been consistant with its color in the generations.(II is brownish-yellow,III is yellowish, and IV is orange)

Rys

Postcount melting!
pineco is the second most forgetten pokemon

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
pineco is the second most forgetten pokemon

The entire Porygon family says "Hi!"..
Xp....I don't think there really is any "forgotten" Pokemon... just that they aren't used as much. It's not like anyone ever went "ZOMG!?!? Where is Quilfish!!?!?"...or anything.

Anyways, Lickitung's sprites have only shown it without it's tongue once-in Emerald, but it was only for one frame of it's animation. Coincidentally, the Diamond and Pearl sprite is the only one with Lickitung's tongue not curved.

It's back sprite in all games has had it with it's arms in the air.

R_N

In DPt, when a pokemon has a power-weakening berry, it activates after the animation has occured.
However, in PBR, it activates before

Ammako

Funny fact! The Abra, Chatot, Haunter and Magikarp you get from an in-game trade got their IVs either 15, 20 or 25. They can't suck, really.

As for Seedot, Plusle, Horsea and Meowth in Emerald, they got their IV's either 4 or 5. That sucks.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
The entire Porygon family says "Hi!"..
Xp....I don't think there really is any "forgotten" Pokemon... just that they aren't used as much. It's not like anyone ever went "ZOMG!?!? Where is Quilfish!!?!?"...or anything.

Anyways, Lickitung's sprites have only shown it without it's tongue once-in Emerald, but it was only for one frame of it's animation. Coincidentally, the Diamond and Pearl sprite is the only one with Lickitung's tongue not curved.

It's back sprite in all games has had it with it's arms in the air.
Well, Lickitung's tongue went in its mouth in Platinum's backsprite as well, I mentioned this a page ago as a fact.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Gengar can learn Strength and Rock Smash, despite Ghost's generally having the ability to not touch anything real, instead going through them.

Yay, 7000th post!

Last edited: