• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things in Pokemon

Are there any things in Pokemon that make you go "HUH? Was the maker of this thing drunk when he made it?" In other words, what incredibly stupid things are there in Pokemon?

For example, Gastly can learn the elemental punches. What? Does it use its gas or something? And why, may I ask, does Snorlax not get Slack Off when Infernape and Vigoroth can? It is the original couch potato. Same thing with Blastoise not getting Shell Smash and Gorebyss getting it.

Pokenoob3.14

Lord of the noobs
THe vanilla line.
Ice cream pokes? really?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I don't really like Garbodor. As for the elemental punches thing, Gastly evolves into Haunter, which distinctly has hands. Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe Gastly can form its bodily gas into a fist shape to attack enemies? That's what Haunter does, I think.

CuriousHeartless

Are there any things in Pokemon that make you go "HUH? Was the maker of this thing drunk when he made it?" In other words, what incredibly stupid things are there in Pokemon?

For example, Gastly can learn the elemental punches. What? Does it use its gas or something? And why, may I ask, does Snorlax not get Slack Off when Infernape and Vigoroth can? It is the original couch potato. Same thing with Blastoise not getting Shell Smash and Gorebyss getting it.
You answered the Ghastly one. It was even shown in an early episode, cna't remember the exact one though, creating hands out of its gas. Not sure on Slack Off. Gorebyss doesn't actually get Shell Smash, she gets it from her preevolution.

THe vanilla line.
Ice cream pokes? really?
Why is eveeryone such an idiot about this. What is so bad about there being ice cream pokemon? Seriously, better than a pile of sludge or a blobfish or something like that. Or another Pika clone. I actually quite like the Vanilla line, if only they had a better moveset.

stupid things in pokemon? *looks at dawn* ....nah.....too easy
What's so bad about dawn? I mean, it's just a time of day.

I don't really like Garbodor.
Don't like =/= Is stupid.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
^ I agree wit the no Vs seeker thing :3
They really should have had one :/

jmora8888

Engraved Sin
Well I'm not sure about you guys, but IMO, dunsparce, tauros, miltank, and for that matter, most normal type pokemon are nothing but fillers and in other words....useless.

Ciliano

Something I've been whining about for years now. Was Game Freak toying with us when they created this cool Pokemon with an attack stat of 130 and gave it no good physical moves?? And then later on spit in our faces in Generation V by giving it Guts as a Dream World Ability. They KNOW Flareon should be used as a physical attacker but the only two good physical Fire-type moves it gets are Fire Fang and Flame Charge. So it's stupid in my opinion that Flareon doesn't learn Flare Blitz, but a Pokemon like Ninetales with an attack stat of 76 can......

CuriousHeartless

How you can't rebattle N after you beat him at the elite 4 and how black/white has no vs. seeker or whatever! >_<
Why would yo be able to? He was supposed to escape never to be seen again, it would have killed the mood of him leaving if you could find him again.

Wut were they on when they created stunfisk?
Actually, Stunfisk is rather good. I will repeat what I said about the Vanilla line comment, you guys are being idiots about this.

Well I'm not sure about you guys, but IMO, dunsparce, tauros, miltank, and for that matter, most normal type pokemon are nothing but fillers and in other words....useless.
Do you know how good many normal types are? being a normal type doesn't make it filler. In fact, because of there wide move ranges, many Normal types are really good competitively or evolve into something good.

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
The fact that Ampharos, of all Pokemon in the world, cannot learn tail Glow. It guides ships to shore with its tail glow. Really WTF?

jmora8888

Engraved Sin
Do you know how good many normal types are? being a normal type doesn't make it filler. In fact, because of there wide move ranges, many Normal types are really good competitively or evolve into something good.

That's why i said MOST not ALL.

CuriousHeartless

I think its stupid how rite when your about to get to the good part, your rival comes to battle you.;468;
I agree. It gets to the point that you can tell when a rival is about to battle you because things are just getting good.

The fact that Ampharos, of all Pokemon in the world Cannot learn tail Glow. It guides ships to shore with its Tail light. Really WTF?
I would normally be the one to mention Japanese names, but even flippin Manaphy can learn tail glow. And he doesn't have a tail! I agree with you.

jmora8888 said:
That's why i said MOST not ALL.
It's still not even most, its' some. Most all types have useless pokemon, Bug has more useless ones than Normal does.