• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Estellise

peachy
Same here. I don't think think I did anything else that could be considered stupid, though.
I think it's because their's no clock in FireRed/LeafGreen,so you can't have an Espeon/Umbreon.

I used to think sudowodo was a grass type-he looks like a tree. I also trained my starter and no body else apart from a togatic (which was still underleveled). In yellow I threw a master ball at one of the ghosts. And I couldn't figure out how to get whirlpool in gen. 2 (and I had it in my bag the entire time).

I just remembered! I used to think the Sinnoh starters were Kanto's starters and Kanto's starters were the Sinnoh starters. *Face palm*

Last edited:

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
I used to spell magmortar, MAGMATOR!!!
when I first zaw leafgreen's trainer I thaught of mario!!!

MusicMan

Fire Master

ThatYellowGuy

Thinking that when the space station reached 100 you could go to space and catch a Deoxys and 150 launches to go to space and catch Jirachi.

Pressing A+B/holding A/holding R/holding L/holding B/tapping A constantly when throwing a pokeball would catch 100% of the time. Pressing A as hard as you could when the pokeball closed would also do this.

It's was very important to keep your starter's level above every other pokemon in your team's level as they were your first pokemon(to be honest I still do this).

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
1. When I played Diamond, which was my first game, I had six Pokemon in my team and I caught a Pachirisu, it said it was sent to someone's PC. Now I thought that meant that Pachirisu was sent to someone's computer in real-life and they would suddenly get that Pachirisu. Later I found the PC in the Pokemon Center after talking to some guy. I still laugh at that.
2. Thinking that rapidly pressing a A and B would increase your chance to capture a Pokemon. The reason is because in SS I caught my Mewtwo while doing that.
3. Thinking that Milotic and Feebas were Sinnoh Pokemon even though a knew some Pokemon were from other regions.
4. Using a Lv.27 Jolteon in the Pokemon League. Weirdly, that was the first time I ever won the Pokemon League after like 10 tries.
5. After reading it somewhere, I thought that bringing a certain team of 6 Psychic Pokemon to Spear Pillar, Mew would appear.
6. After reading it somewhere, I tried putting 2 Ditto in the Daycare with one holding a Master Ball, that it would make a egg that hatched into a Ditto holding a Master Ball.
7. Thinking that if you battle the Pokemon League again, you would lose all the progress you made after beating the Pokemon League the first time.
8. Thinking that Absol was a Legendary.

The first game I had was Fire red. Remember the cruise ship in Vermilion City? Well whenever you finish up whatever you have to do there the ship takes off. Well since I was a little girl then I thought that if I had stayed on just a little bit longer I would get to sail to wherever. So I cried. Whatever now I know that that was a retarted thing to think becuase I wouldn't happen to leave right as it took off anyways..

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
When I tried catching Legendaries, I would talk to the Poke Ball, telling it I would love it forever if it succeeded.
Also, in XD and Colosseum, I would pretend I was throwing the Poke Ball as a good luck sort of thing.

Both of the above NEVER worked :p

A long time ago my sister let some random kids play with her Ruby game and they caught some stupid pokemon with her master ball.... it would of been ok it only i didn't save (which I did out of habit i guess) she wasn't too happy with me for awhile..

AmaNoGawa

Mewtwo's Trainer
heh I used to think that bad eggs hatched eventually into mew! I also KOd My first shiny pokemon when I saw it! (Poochyena was orange....)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Not completely game-related, but when I was little, I thought that Electrode was the best Pokemon to use and Arbok was the worst, because they came first and last in the Pokerap respectively. I don't know where I came up with that one, and thankfully I didn't believe it for long, but man, I was stupid back then...