• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Umbreon - Dusk Stone
Espeon - Dawn Stone

I thought more of Eevee evolving into Espeon using the Sun Stone and into Umbreon using the Moon Stone. But apparently in Gen 2, Game Freak wanted to make use of the newly introduced time features of Gold and Silver.

STICKTOPIA

When I was 10 years old, my friend told me that in pokemon sapphire, you have to level up kyogre to level 100 so it can learn hyper beam. After that, you can go to the battle tower And you'll see team aqua. Yes he was laughing when I called him a liar for that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Once as a kid, I thought that Marowak evolved into Kangaskhan because they're so close in the Pokédex.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Once as a kid, I thought that Marowak evolved into Kangaskhan because they're so close in the Pokédex.

A lot of people believe that Marowak was originally supposed to evolve into Kanghaskan. I think it would've been cool if Marowak was the male evolution of Cubone, while Kangaskan was the female evolution.

Also, not sure if I've said this before, but I used to think that a poisoned Pokemon could actually die. I always got extremely worried at the beginning of Soulsilver when battling Weedles... If my Chikorita was poisoned and the screen did that shaking thing, I would go to the nearest Pokemon center as fast as I could.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, not sure if I've said this before, but I used to think that a poisoned Pokemon could actually die. I always got extremely worried at the beginning of Soulsilver when battling Weedles... If my Chikorita was poisoned and the screen did that shaking thing, I would go to the nearest Pokemon center as fast as I could.

It was actually like that in Gen 3 and before. If you've walked enough steps while your Pokémon is poisoned, it would faint.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
It was actually like that in Gen 3 and before. If you've walked enough steps while your Pokémon is poisoned, it would faint.
I was afraid it would actually DIE though, not just faint.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was afraid it would actually DIE though, not just faint.

Aww right, you actually thought that the Pokémon was at risk of permanently disappearing from the game once it was poisoned.

I once thought that Mew evolved into Mewtwo when I first heard about it a really long time ago.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I always thought that my case for the first movie was wrong because it said that Mewtwo was 150 and Mew was 151

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I always thought that my case for the first movie was wrong because it said that Mewtwo was 150 and Mew was 151

And you know, when I was a kid, during the age before the Internet was widespread, I often fell into rumors like Mew under the truck.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I wasn't in the original generation of Pokemon players, I guess I would say that Generation 4 is my generation, looking at my age and when it came out, so I was late for most rumors like the Mew under the truck. Although, I just watched an episode of Johnny Test with my little brother the other day, and it reminded me of a rumor that if you named your character Blast Ketchup, then your sprite would look like him. Blast Ketchup was Ash in the Pokemon parody episode of Johnny Test. There aren't even enough spaces for Blast Ketchup in the slot, though...

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
Back in the Gen III games, I used to think the poison walk was a glitch in my GBA game so I kept turning it off.

In Colosseum/XD, I thought it was a "time is running out" signal and I panicked thinking I was going to lose the game before knowing the villians can wait an extremely long time for you to show up. :p

I used to think TMs were syringes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This one was more recent but I thought that in BW, Luvdisc evolved into Alomomola.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
This one was more recent but I thought that in BW, Luvdisc evolved into Alomomola.

I never thought that Luvdisc DID evolve into Alomomola, but I always thought that Luvdisc SHOULD evolve into Alomomola. Now, they're both just random Pokemon with no evolutionary line that no one really thinks about.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I once thought as a kid that if you nicknamed the name of another Pokémon to one Pokémon, it'll become that other Pokémon, such as nicknaming a Mewtwo 'Mew', and it turns into Mew.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
In R/S/E before the event for Birth Island..
I actually thought the rocket in Mosdeep City would take you to space to battle against Deoxys.

Funny how that did happen in ORAS, albeit Rayquaza taking me instead of a rocket.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Once thought that when you breed Pokémon, the offspring has a 50% chance each of being the earliest evolution stage of families of both parents for example, thinking that breeding Pikachu and Togetic would result in the offspring having an equal chance of being either Pichu or Togepi.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Once thought that when you breed Pokémon, the offspring has a 50% chance each of being the earliest evolution stage of families of both parents for example, thinking that breeding Pikachu and Togetic would result in the offspring having an equal chance of being either Pichu or Togepi.

That does make sense, and I think I remember thinking that for a little bit, but I am not actually sure.