• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Ascended Dialga

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
In Emerald I used to keep restarting my game because I couldn't pass the footprint guy. I didn't realize that you had to battle your Rival first.
I watched this youtube video that showed how to get event Pokemon and I tried to get them because I didn't realise that they were EVENT pokemon.
Also for some reason I once really wanted to catch a Corsola, but I used up all my Pokeballs, so I threw my Master Ball at it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I assumed I could breed Latias and Latios because they were gendered. Also, I trusted what is, in hindsight, clearly fake rumors

ChloboShoka

Writer
Back when it was first revealed that Eevee evolves into Leafeon, I used to think that you had to use a leaf stone in order to evolve it. I was really stupid back then.

When I first played Silver I used to think that the sun stone could make eevee evolve into an Espeon and a moon stone would make eevee evole into Umbreon. Couldn't have been anymore wrong.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Believing there was some trick to get Celebi in Pokemon Sapphire

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Oh I did lots of dumb things when I was young and into Pokemon..I used to play the TCG completely wrong with my friends, so we all had fun regardless...I used to believe in all the PokeGods and Pikablu...I used to believe if you pushed the truck you'd find Mew..All the old rumors basically..XD The one dumb thing I can remember doing though the most is when me and my friends would name our Pokemon after eachother. I had a shiny Noctowl named after my middle school girlfriend, Lori. Kinda wish my Silver cart still worked..Woulda been nice to have that Noctowl.. :(

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
When I started Pokemon Diamond, I got lost on the second route. ...Hence why I had an Infernape by the first gym. Movepool was and still is Flame Wheel/Ember/Rock Smash/Mach Punch.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Oh boy, where to begin?

I used a Master Ball on a Pidgey, I foolishly went to battle Brock with only my starter again and again instead of actually catching something good, I caught ever single Pokemon including duplicates, and I also always lost to Gary because I sucked horribly and didn't use items.

I mean I guess it still counts because I'm a teen, but up until yesterday I thought Masquerain's antennae were wings, and that its actual wings were legs. Just knowing the truth makes me look at it very differently e-e

Nockturne

I mean I guess it still counts because I'm a teen, but up until yesterday I thought Masquerain's antennae were wings, and that its actual wings were legs. Just knowing the truth makes me look at it very differently e-e

I did something similar with Hariyama. Prior to 6th gen I thought the patch of orange on it belly was its nose and that it was basically just a head with legs with the yellow tufts separating them. Its third gen sprite is probably the one that's easiest to make the mistake with.

Realizing that its head ends at the point it gets wider, and that it does actually have a separate head, torso and legs made it almost seem like a whole new Pokemon.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I did something similar with Hariyama. Prior to 6th gen I thought the patch of orange on it belly was its nose and that it was basically just a head with legs with the yellow tufts separating them. Its third gen sprite is probably the one that's easiest to make the mistake with.

Realizing that its head ends at the point it gets wider, and that it does actually have a separate head, torso and legs made it almost seem like a whole new Pokemon.

When I was young, I used to think Diglett/Dugtrio's noses were it's mouth..lol

RDSP

I thought Hariyama had a mouth when I was about 6... Then I looked years later and saw that the end of its head was the "mouth" I had seen.

Flandey

My Pokémon were low on health, and I was towards the end of Mt Moon, and after seeing a rocket grunt, I thought I could use an Escape Rope to swing over him so I would not have to battle him. Although for some strange reason that did not happen, I was able to heal at the Pokemon Center so that solved a problem.

Ascended Dialga

I spent most of Gen 5 believing that Samurott was Water/Fighting type. It wasn't until I got Black 2 that learned it was only Water type; I picked Oshawott as my starter.