• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
Well, in some games Feebas is rare and I thought it would be just like Magikarp. So I didn't catch it thinking it was useless. If only I new of its evolution.

Hobgoblin2099

Shooting Star
Magikarp is pretty useful when it turns into Gyarados. It's just super weak to electricity.

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I first played Gold, I didn't know how many Elite Four members there were. >_>
I got to Koga thinking, "How many more of these trainers are there...?"

I must have been severely sleep deprived...

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
*ugh* masterballs on main legendaries...

...don't look at me that way >.<"

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It took me a week to figure out how to leave my home.

This, oh my god, this!!!

When I first played red version I had absolutely no idea how to leave the house, it was like two weeks later when my cousin showed got me out of my house, and from there my love of Pokemon officially began.

Pokeman1234

What a mess...
I used to think shouting angrily down the GBA speaker would make the pokemon more likely to go into a pokeball >.<

I also thought if I didn't look at the screen it was more likely to get caught!

Oh and I got stuck inside Littleroot town for ages, until I decided to visit EVERYWHERE.

centri

When I started playing pokemon red I thought that:
Holding down the B button in exactly the right moment would give a pokéball 100% catch rate.

The only button that used battery power was the A button, so I would try to save batteries by using the B button as much as possible.

When the guy in Celadon(?I think it is celadon, it´s the town with Misty´s gym) asked "Are you in a hurry" I would always say "Yes", because I weren´t very good at english (I were 6 or 7, and I am not a native english speaker), so I thought he said "Are you hungry" and that he would give me something if I said yes. (I talked to him like 20 times :p)

Leveling Missingno up would turn it into 50 different pokemon.

Putting a lvl 5 magikarp in the daycare center until it´s lvl 50 would turn it into a mew.

I also caught 2 lvl 250 snorlax with the Safari zone glitch, and were dissappointed when they leveled up and became lvl 100s :)

Shin'ou

Skyla lovers
Right after I encountered my first shiny Pokemon in GOLD which was a Drowzee, I freaked out and turn off the game. I thought my newly bought copy of Pokemon GOLD was broken or a failure product.

PferdloverX3

Spirit of the Desert
When I was little my friends and I would either pretend to have pokemon or be pokemon, I also believed that because rapidash layer eggs all horses did and would cry whenever I was served eggs... I know I was a dork

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Not knowing about the catch rate for the master ball, and wasting it on a Bellsprout in Gold & Silver.

DasBoot

I was about 7 at the time so I didn't play videos games much but.. I never got out of the first town in Emereld for 2 days..

I thought you could catch Celebi when you played over 999+ hours.
I left my GameBoy on just so I could do that..

I taught my Swampert 3 different HMs.

I could go on.. But I'll spare you. >.>

Hilbertio

Banned
Of course I always wasted my master ball on the main legendary...

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I learned most of the basics before I was allowed to get any video games by watching my cousin play his blue version all the time, but when I finally did get Sapphire when I was 8, I spawned a pretty good story.

I had caught a Seviper in the games, and was like "Oh cool, it's a huge snake thing! I might even use this!" Then I noticed that it would sparkle whenever I sent it into battle, unlike my Swampert or any other Pokemon. While looking up why this happened, I noticed that my Seviper wasn't the same color of other Sevipers. I decided it had to be a glitch, and released the Seviper.

It was shiny, of course. To this day, I've never stopped berating myself for that.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
Two words.

Supercheats
"Pokegods"

Do I need to say more?

So many rumors. Including Bills Secred Garden to "Charcolt" and even the classic Mew under the truck. I've heard most of them during the Red/Blue days.

I once caught a caterpie with a masterball... I also raised only 1 pokemon and actually beat the elite four with it. In retrospect I wonder what I was thinking.