• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
Until I played Mystery Dungeon: Blue I never knew the difference between special and physical moves.

raquiri

Something that bothered me throughout my childhood is that when the SS Anne is sinking ash drops butterfree's pokeball and gets knocked out trying to pick it up. It never shows him picking it up afterward. I never saw the episode bye bye butterfree, and I don't remember butterfree making an appearance on the island of the giant pokemon. So I always thought butterfree was lost forever in it's pokeball, in an abandoned ship at the bottom of the ocean... :( And ash never even says anything about it...

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
My friend found a shiny Bagon, so I wanted one too, and i spent a loooooong time searching in the falls before i decided to give up

Logan S.

Lol this is stupid i thought geodude evolved in2 onix.....yeah ummm i was little!
O and in GSC, i thought catching magikarp in a master ball would make it learn hyper beam.
P.S. I CLAIM LUCARIO!!!(or if someone already claimed it i got vanilluxe!)

E.Fayth

<Got It
Used masterball on an absol or a skarmory.
Believed on Sapphire thanks to some bad advice that to get to Kyogre to awaken it I had to go through the waterfall at the Pokemon league.
Only trained Sceptile and wondered why I kept losing to flannery.
Leveled my Grovyle to lv.29 before Brawly because i couldn't win

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I learned most of the basics before I was allowed to get any video games by watching my cousin play his blue version all the time, but when I finally did get Sapphire when I was 8, I spawned a pretty good story.

I had caught a Seviper in the games, and was like "Oh cool, it's a huge snake thing! I might even use this!"

The differenes between us:
*1- I got Sapphire when I was 10;
*2- I thought it was an Evolution of Arbok.

Other things:
*1 - I thought that Pikachu 's thundershock could kill anyone except "the hackers" in the battle tower and my Swampert;
*2 - I thought that I needed to find a Geodude with Rock Smash for using it, since I didn 't know were the TM was;
*3 - I thought I would be able to catch all the pokémons including some like Squirtle or Chamander in the wild of Hoenn.
*4 - Like a lot of people in there, I used the Master Ball in the Main Legendary.
*5 - I only trained one Pokémon. He isn 't the stronger I ever had, but I still love him, even he bring dead. If I discover anyday a way to recover a deleted save file, I will save you Mike!

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Wasted Masterball on the main legendary and wasted TMs left and right.

The E

Elite Four Master
I used my master ball on a diglit =3

Hey, I was like 7 years old! And I really waned a diglit... (It was pokemon firered)

I thought if you surfed to the left of cinnibar island, you would find a shiny lv100 pokemon
I forgot which one, though

Shiny Arcanine

I learned most of the basics before I was allowed to get any video games by watching my cousin play his blue version all the time, but when I finally did get Sapphire when I was 8, I spawned a pretty good story.

I had caught a Seviper in the games, and was like "Oh cool, it's a huge snake thing! I might even use this!" Then I noticed that it would sparkle whenever I sent it into battle, unlike my Swampert or any other Pokemon. While looking up why this happened, I noticed that my Seviper wasn't the same color of other Sevipers. I decided it had to be a glitch, and released the Seviper.

It was shiny, of course. To this day, I've never stopped berating myself for that.

your story is the exact same as mine except it was a growlithe in firered and thought it was a glitch although i did keep it ;P.

No my one stupid moment was spending 5 hours on the truck in red and blue looking for mew im like WTF man wheres my mew :(

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
What's wrong with capturing the main legendary in the games with a masterball?

Grey Wind

Lol this is stupid i thought geodude evolved in2 onix.....yeah ummm i was little!
O and in GSC, i thought catching magikarp in a master ball would make it learn hyper beam.
P.S. I CLAIM LUCARIO!!!(or if someone already claimed it i got vanilluxe!)
Funnily enough, you claim pokemon in the 'Claim a Pokemon' thread.

Dunno if it counts, but I wanted to call one of my kids Charizard >.<

themochamonster

Loca for Mocha!
I'm not the brightest crayon in the box and I certainly wasn't back as a child. Well, one time my Pokemon were infected with Pokerus. And you know what I did?

Did I train? Nope. Did I trade one over to a friend so they could train? No. I actually, and I kid you not, thought my Pokemon were really sick and about to die. So I go back to my character's house and being pacing around the bed. I'm pleading my Camerupt and Blaziken to not die on me, close to tears...

The Pokerus eventually goes away and I'm pretty happy. "Hooray! They're gonna live!" But later, my brother is all like "You know, you're SUPPOSED to like Pokerus. It makes them stronger." So I'm just like...."What. Why didn't you tell me?"

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
Purpusfully not getting shinies because i thought they were glitches, this happened several times till I discovered serebii!

Kamisora

When I first got Pokemon Blue, when I was about 5 years old I thought that Charmander would single handedly be able to defeat the first gym, little did I know that I had to catch another pokemon if I was going to start out with a Charmander to take down Brock and beat the rock type pokemon. Stupid, stupid choice. I was stuck there for a year until I figured out that you could restart your game, and I could get a different starter.

Aquarelle

Staff member
My friend found a shiny Bagon, so I wanted one too, and i spent a loooooong time searching in the falls before i decided to give up

I've done something similar to that before. I once found a shiny Quagsire in Mt. Silver in Gold, but it fled. I then reset the game and searched around Mt. Silver for a long time, trying to find that Quagsire again. Of course it didn't work. :/