• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
When I first saw a female hippiedom I thought it was a shiny.
In sliver I saw my first shiny- a female nidoran and it was pink, so I was thinking ' nidoran had a gender change' LoL

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
I thought Macargo was a Kanto pokemon and thought remoraid evolved into mantine and finally that if you spelt out entei in unowns in your party in GS you would get a shiny entei

SnorlaxBBQ

Shiny Hunter
I thought that you cant catch legendaries in GS when i was like 7year old so i killed them all ^^
I thought that Cynthia was boy and it was shock when i heard that she was girl LOL

Last edited:

Azulee

I thought Mewtwo was impossible to catch without a Master ball.
I thought that Pokemon could go over level 100 if you used a some sort of secret item.
Having a Charizard with all fire type moves.
Thinking that the Shellos you find east in Sinnoh were shiny.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I used to train my starters more than anyone else, then catch legendaries to make up for everyone else being underleveled XD

1st & 2nd gen..Good Times ^^;

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I got stuck in Strength rock puzzles in Sapphire. ^_^;
Never knew they were so easy, but by the time I did know, My Starter was Lv. 93!

ZeroKyurem

Final Smash User
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness whenever I was in a Chipher place, I always thought that red light meant that I triggered an alarm. A year later...I found out that toxic made that happen.

Mamono

Need a ditto BAD!!
My 6 year old self had some strange theories about the pokemon centre in pokemon yellow:
-the guy sitting on the couch had no legs whatsoever, and couldnt move:/

Dont sit down on one of those benches - you'll lsoe your legs,thats what happened to me!

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I pronounced Torrterra as Tortonna. o_O

The PokeKnight

Valiant Fighter
When I knocked out Groudon and saved in Ruby, for some reason I thought you were supposed to beat it and then catch it later... whoops. Since then I take extra care when fighting a legendary always saving before hand.
Edit: Or during the years of Red and Blue mixing up Slash and Flash time and time again.

Kalosian

So long
Accidentally releasing a Vulpix in Blue as I did not understand how you were supposed to use the PC.
Defeating certain legendaries and saving afterwards.
Thinking that Ninjask would evolve into Shedinja, making me train it 25 levels for nothing.
Thinking I could defeat the Battle Frontier in Emerald without using properly trained Pokemon.
Only training one Pokemon in my teams making it overleveled and the others underleveled.
Keeping Mud Shot on a Swampert all the way to level 90, thinking it was good, even though I had Earthquake on it as well.

Darkmega354

I had no concept of types/what good moves for a pokemon were. As such, my Sceptile in my first play through of Ruby knew Cut, Rock Smash, Flash, and False Swipe... I only trained my sceptile, and my second best pokemon was a Lv 30 Azumarill. When I got to the 7th gym, I used Cut and Ice Beam on Lunatone and Solrock thinking "WHY WONT YOU DIE!"

I had no concept of the PC system, and so I couldn't switch my party pokemon for a while. I kept thinking that it wasn't nice to access someone else's computer...

The very first time I played Ruby, I got to the first route and thought "I can't catch pokemon, there must be something wrong" before I had any pokeballs. I restarted the game after that.

legendarypokemonmaster

Losing the final battle of Orre Colosseum because I didn't want to hit my own pokemon with earthquake. I'm still not sure if what Tucker and Lucian are.