• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
With that mark in the middle of its forehead and wielding a spoon like a wand, I thought Kadabra was supposed to be the Harry Potter Pokemon . . .

That is GREAT! lollol. Having a team of almost all legendaries in Pearl:
Giritina, Heatran, Palkia, Infernape, Reggigigas, and Crobat. What a disaster!

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Well, I always thought you can get Pikachu in Viridian Forest in Yellow, so, I was walking around the forest, looking for that Pikachu... Yeah, then I looked at my PokéDex, seeing I had the only one.
At least my Pikachu was lvl 21 when i left the forest.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Tapping A while throwing a pokeball because I thought it helped. Still do it to this day
Thinking you could only have 6 Pokemon in the whole game, so I had a starter Mudkip, a Poocheya, a Shroomish, until i discovered the PC

JoshR

Almost Useless
I used to think that dugtrio evolved into onix and that ditto evolved into grimer, thought that I could evolve any pokemon with evolution stones, and last but not least, I thought bulbasaur was the same thing as ivysaur.

badmanjaro

In pokemon your.....
Rofl you couldn't believe this. Well I finally got my master ball in leafgreen right? So my cousin is like dude look at that growlithe (i think) and im like Im not wasting it on that! He said but its super rare! I'm like oh ok.

Threw master ball and saved.

lumiina

MM Breader
Hmm... I have this weird memory. My friend and I used to play pokemon, generation I, back in elementary school. He told me that if you get behind the gym leader in Cerulean City, you can get an evolution of chansey.

Turned out in Generation II, that evolution came out.

Or maybe my faint childhood memory was just a prophetic dream of the blissey that would one day be. (^_^)

I used to pronounce, "suicune" and "su-canine" (x_x), back when generation II came out.

I held in/repeatedly pressed A/B/etc. when I threw a PokeBall. Me and everyone else I knew were convinced that it would give us a better chance at catching any Pokemon in any Pokeball.

Yup, I used to do that too.

never really made a mistake with pokemon, i mean as a kid when i first got red version took me forever to navigate victory road but that's a little understandble. worst i have seen is my next door neighbor used his masterball on a magmar in pokemon blue/red.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
I used to think dual ability pokemon had both abilities oh and i used to pronounce suicune soo-i-sine

McNugget

The Bassist
Female Hippowdon was shiny o.o - heheh.....movin on...
That in stadium if you picked ur pokemon out faster than CPU could you got to move first in the battle -_- And in XD when the screen turned red because a pokemon was poisoned I thought my game was screwed up..... OH YEAH! Time for my biggest kid moment ever!
Deleting my save file because I thought a shiny Rayquaza was a glitched pokemon that would ruin my game in Ruby T-T God will never be kind enough to reset that moment :D
Oh yeah! lol moment i forgot... I pronounced Poochyana VERY inappropriately when i was little and mom would go: It's a what?!?! (pooch-ina) my bad O.O

I had no concept of the PC system, and so I couldn't switch my party pokemon for a while. I kept thinking that it wasn't nice to access someone else's computer...
That's a keeper quote! :p

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Restarting my XD game without transferring my Lv91 Umbreon and Ursaring

yeminied

Here's one I thought of last night.

I remember fighting against Blue in FireRed at the Elite Four. When he sent out his Alakazam I wondered how he managed to evolve his Kadabra because he had no friends to trade with.

Then I realised he must have forced a kid to trade with him and then trade back.

Derp

[Something funny]
When I owned my first game-Pokemon Silver my friend told me you could get a shiny Lugia easy by waiting in front of the sprout tower for 3 hours then using fly.

Good thing I never got around to trying it but as a young kid I thought it was true.