• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I thought you could go to the moon in Ruby and Sapphire when the space station's successful launch number was 100. I even checked everyday, until it went over 100 :( I really wanted deoxys.

Ferrari94

Dark Trainer
I thought you could go to the moon in Ruby and Sapphire when the space station's successful launch number was 100. I even checked everyday, until it went over 100 :( I really wanted deoxys.

looks like you did what i did too. actually just a couple days ago i checked ruby coz i wanted to see what pokemon i had on there. i went to the space station and it was up to 9,999 successful launches.
but yes...i believed the internet too many times back in the days.

Vernikova

Champion

I believed that too though I can't remember why. I believe my little brother tried it and got bored waiting so I actually waited for it to get to 100 and when nothing happened I was so sad.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
I use to believe moving the truck you had to surf to in R/B/Y triggered an encounter with mew.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
ah. i only thought that stats lowering moves are useless, i always went for power moves!

the red hair rival dude in 2nd gen games, i thought i must not edit his name when the police man talked to me so his name was ??? but that name was kind of cool lol.

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
woopee. was waiting for one of these kind of topics.
1. when i had my ruby, i thought special attack (sp atk), special defence (sp dfc) didnt mean nothing, since i didnt understand the sp. so, i just released every pokemon with their highest stat being sp attack/defence. i only kept the ones with defence and attack. -__-
2. also on ruby, remember that trick house, right above slateport city? yeah, well, i couldnt get past it. i got very mad, so i decided to see if i can catch a lot of pokemon to make an army, then have them destroy everyone inside. there is a ton of minun and plusle to the right of it, so i caught about 50 each. yeah..then i realized i could only have 6 in my party.
3. on diamond, i had no idea how to get to snowpoint city. i thought that one of those rock-climb walls would get me there, but noo. i finally decided to try one of the entrances to mount coronet, and thankfully it led to snowpoint. arghh. stupid rock climb walls.
well, thats all the experiences that i could think of right now lol

Grei

not the color
I used to go through the list of Pokemon and just plan my future team around the ones I wanted the most. The list got to be about 60-ish (1st Gen) before I read that trainers could only have 6 Pokemon...

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
That there was a glitch in R/B where you could get Togepi in Mt. Moon (Can't remember exactly what i was supposed to do, but i spent an hour or so trying it)

Before the name Ho-oh was revealed in English my friend told me and my other friends that it's name was Perokajalamara :/ yeah i know... weird then it turned in to Horu/Huroo (which i still think is better than Ho-oh XD)

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Haha, my turn! Draw!
-Only trained my starter up to ridiculous levels, but it worked! I KO'd the Elite 4 with this:
Venusaur LV. 83 Moves: Secret Power/Strength/Razor Leaf/Forgot this one.That was on LeafGreen
-Taught my other starters HM moves
-That Mew Delivery Truck thing. Thought it was real
-Realeased all my pokemon in the PC thinking they would come back.(G/S/C)
-Slowking is an evolution of Slowbro
-Tried to use cut on Sudowoodo. Hahaha!
-Thought Ho-oh was an evolution of Pidgeot
-Thought Lugia was the evolution of Lapras
-Eating spaghetti without the sauce

The End

Haunter ゴースト

Got given my first pokemon game yellow when i was 4, couldn't spell and called my character 'AAAAAAAAAAAA'.
Eventually completed the game though and didn't want to start again but hated what i was called.
I regret doing glitch city and the missingo cheats aswell, they messed my game up, i didnt realise it was bad though back in the day.

SoulFang

Wolf Lover
-i thought female hippowdown was shiny
-i didnt know that a shinys would sparkle at the beggining of battle (i would check my guide book every time i found a pokemon to see if it was shiny)
-i thought that absol and lucario were legendaries
-i thought that lucario was a water and psychic type
-i would only train my starter
-that if i took out the game cartridge while playing too many times, i could get a legendary as a starter
- that if you bred latios and latias you would get a combination of the two

skeeter13

When third gen first came out i thought that Plusle and Minun evolved into Latias and Latios because they had the same color scheme.

AmericanPi

Write on
I still do really stupid things sometimes! :p

- Recently, I was training a Swablu by fighting wild pokemon, and I used Take Down when I had 4 HP remaining.
- I used to think there was only one Nurse Joy and one Officer Jenny.
- I thought there was more than one member of each species of legendary pokemon.
- I thought that Ho-oh was the fourth Legendary Bird (along with Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno).
- When I was in 2nd grade or so and watched the Advanced Generation anime episodes with May in it I kept thinking Misty would come back and May was only temporary... sadly this wasn't true. :(

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I recall one that either I started or I believed or both that if you trained a Dragonite to lv 100 in RBY, taught it Surf, and had it ram into the cliff face to the immediate west of the Power Plant, it opened a small cave with Mew inside.

That Game Freak was going to release a Black Version in which one could become a member of Team Rocket...which is still a cool idea.

~Nemmeh ;107;

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I remember the day when I was 6 years old. Yep, good days. I was obssessed with Pokemon Vitamins. So whenever I ate a vitamin of a certain pokemon, I thought I would obtain that power back then. I was a freak over squirtle. Yeah.

Savatar

God of Snow
i thought that just training one string pokemon was smart untill i met watson in hoenn....
i thought castform would SYAY in its weather forms outside of battle, i thought geodude evolved into rhyhorn, I thought mewtwo actully came with the armor that he had in his movie, and that there was an evolution of shelder that looked like the one stuck to slobro's tail....

mberg553

Psychic
I used to think Slobro evolved into slowking and thought I would need a match bike to get to Rayquaza in order to save stoopolis in emerald xD