• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I though that a Pokémon with tackle is good to defeat Pokémons.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
First time I played through Ruby, I used my Blaziken for everything. Take down Drake's Salamence? Blaziken. Take out Mossdeep's Gym? Blaziken. Beat Sootopolis Gym? Blaziken.

I used a LOT of Ethers and Revives, I think...

When I was 4, I caught every pokemon I saw, so basically I had like 3 Rattatas 2 Pidgeys and a Bulbasaur on my team. I also didn't know what evolving was so when my Bulbasaur evolved, I thought it was gonna blow up and die. And I also didn't know what a PC was so I had to refrain myself from catching Drowzees and Slowpokes too. I also thought that you got to keep every move you learned, so I got rid of my most powerful moves, thinking that they would show up eventually. Another thing, I thought everything was an offensive attack, so when I would use leer, I would think, "why isn't that guy dead yet?"
Ah, the memories of stupidity. I SWEAR TO GOSH, EVERY BIT I SAID ID TRUE

In Generation II and beyond, when breeding was introduced, Chansey hatch from an egg with an egg already in their pouch. The same oddity occurs with Kangaskhan, which hatch with a baby in their pouches, and Happiny, which hatch with a rock in their pouches.
Its Platinum Pokédex entry states that it lays eggs, confirming that Pokémon are able to do so (as it has been mentioned that nobody has seen Pokémon lay eggs); however, these eggs are apparently not Happiny eggs, but eggs that are high in nutrition instead. Theoretically, these eggs could possibly be unfertilized Happiny eggs.
That's from Bulbapedia. I always thought about this fact as a kid.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
In fire red, my first game, despite having an awesome golem and gengar, I ended up with a venusaur and zapdos like 30 levels higher than any other pokemon I had by the end of the game.
In sapphire, I fought kyogre when it was too strong for me. So I ran away and saved the game.

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
I thought that you coudn't breed starters at all ever since Firered/Leafgreen.

God, so many things... I used to think that you beat the game in Ruby when you defeated the first gym, since I could not get past that rock smash area in the Rusturf Tunnel.
I only trained my starter
I also used my master ball on groudon
I thought that you could get mewtwo in the power plant, in Ruby.
I killed Latias thinking I could get it later.
That pkmn could go over lvl 100
and much more lol

Sulfron

I used Charizard for everything and always thought Milotic was a legendary Ice type pokemon.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
back in the days when i was younger, I catch a Caterpie, and when he evolved in metapod, I belive he was invencible >< but damn I was veeery wrong XD

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
When i used a master ball on electorde cause i couldn't catch and then release cause i thought i would get the Master ball back

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
My little brother used his master ball on a heatmor... I've never let him forget that. :)

chocoboy

In School
Taught them only damaging moves. Thought stat-boosting moves were useless. This is what happened against tate&liza:
Foe Lunatone used calm mind!
*i laugh*
Swampert used surf!
*it didn't die?! but it's super effective!*
Foe Lunatone used psychic! A critical Hit! Swampert fainted!

Taught them only damaging moves. Thought stat-boosting moves were useless. This is what happened against tate&liza:
Foe Lunatone used calm mind!
*i laugh*
Swampert used surf!
*it didn't die?! but it's super effective!*
Foe Lunatone used psychic! A critical Hit! Swampert fainted!

EXACTLY! I STILL think stat boosting moves are useless, cuz im still 10.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
I caught Lugia with my Master ball in Silver.