• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Ooh, I like this topic! My old beliefs generally deal with evolutions. I used to think that Raikou>Entei>Suicune was an evolutionary line, and when I was really little, I thought that the Eeveelutions were a straight line rather than branched. I also thought that Skarmory evolved into Lugia and that Dragonair, Lapras and Gyarados were somehow related. This was back before I played the games and only watched the anime.

Back when I first started out with the games, I thought that the legendary birds and Snorlax in FireRed were literally impossible to catch and were just there to battle. Oh, and I also thought that ALL Pokemon evolved by level alone, which resulted in me having a level 80 Graveler. I still have it, in fact (but of course it's a Golem now).

~ Magcargo evolved into Torkoal
I never believed this, but I've always thought it should be true.
~ The Ho-oh that flew over Ash in the first episode of the anime was not a Ho-oh, but rather a Fearow evolution named Leerow.
I used to think that the Ho-Oh was Fearow itself.

Catching a Fearow with a Master Ball and years later I discovered that you cannot get another Master Ball.
Similarly, I wasted my Sapphire and FireRed Master Balls on Relicanth and Onix, respectively.

Last edited:

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
Pokemon Diamond was my first game. I got it when I was ten. But later that year, I bought Fire red, and didn't get that there were big differences between the two games.
For example, when I went into to Mewtwo's cave, I wondered why Giovanni and Team Rocket weren't there to summon Mewtwo. :p

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
-Teach the Pokemon on my team HM moves which would take up movespace.
-Have a Pokemon with multiple attacking moves of the same type.
-Use up TMs without thinking.
-Making sure the Pokemon only had attacking moves and maybe Protect.

liogarus

Beware! Land Shark!
thinking Stat decresing moves were for ever...
Using Noctowl...

CuriousHeartless

OKay this wasn't me but one of my friends. Two of my friends were battleing and one had out a Giratina and the other had Noctowl. Friend A (with the Giratina) had Giratina use Shadow Force because he thought Noctowl was part Psychic. Friend B's Noctowl was actually able to beat Giratina, but then Friend B got swiped after that.

Missingno
I thought that Budew never evolved.

I thought that Dialga was catchable in Pearl.

I KO'd my rival's Ponyta when you battle Mars and Jupiter right before Cyrus. I KO'd the thing on purpose because it was being annoying.

nikku506

I used to give away my legendary(s) to my friends, for cute pokemon

NitroxWolf

t(-.-t) trollin
2 or 3 years ago i traded over my first shiny ever, (charizard) to a boy for his birthday

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey guys a stupid thing I did in the past was run away from a shiny because when I was young I thought it was a glitch. I never new that shiny pokemon exist so I just thought it was a glitch in the game. After when I grew up and read about the shiny rare pokemon I learned that it wasn't. I felt really stupid from running away from shiny pokemon.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I used to hold down A button when I threw pokeballs.
I do something different now (I know it doesn't help though)

When the ball hits the pokemon and makes a pinging noise, I hold down L. When the ball opens up I release L. When the ball flashes in mid-air I tap A. Silly, isn't it?
Omg i still do that.

Dynablade

Coming through!
I used to think a Pokemon wouldn't hurt itself in confusion if you pressed A once when the confusion animation was playing.

And holding down right and tapping A to reduce the amount of damage done to my Pokemon (and vice versa).

I thought Hypno's pendulum was a yo-yo
I thout it was a weight... A year or two ago I beleved if you completed the nat.dex in diamoned/pearl and talked two the man who's in the house where lucaus/dawns sister is he would give you a darkrai fosle..yep