• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!
Too many things to count. (one is I thought deoxys was the best poke And I thought deoxys was gonna come from space to kill us so I phoned 911)

Last edited:

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
I kept telling my mom that Sam (from Pokemon 4ever) was a girl. And I wrote a letter to them. X'D "No, I'm writing a letter for Celebi!"

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I thought Ho-Oh was Fearow, it wasn't until sometime and it was a bit after Johto (I think when I rewatched the first one) I noticed that the golden bird was Ho-Oh in Gen 2, I was like O.O It's Ho-Oh!

That Articuno evolves into Moltres that would evolve into Zapdos (Or something along with that order)

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
For a couple weeks when I first entered the Fiery Path in Sapphire, I used to think Torkoal was a walking queen conch snail... Then after I got my first game guide, I saw it was a turtle.

RiotFire

- Used to think Pinsir evoloved into heracross when gold and silver first came out.
- Used to give pokemon multiple moves of the same type. eg. Pikachu with thundershock, thunderbolt and thunder! lol!
- Thought the down button was busted on my gameboy first time I encountered the cycling road in red

Katja

Casual Shiny Hunter
Up until I played Gen IV, my team almost always consisted of my overleveled starter, and 4/5 legendaries. Maybe an HM Slave. DERP.

I bought into a lot of the crazy RBY rumors (Mist Stone, Bill's Garden, Pikablu, Mew under the truck, etc).

I used to think this was a gladiator's helmet: http://i52.*******.com/6rrc6g.png

I also used to think that Fire was strong against absolutely EVERY type except for Water. I smartened up on that one once Gen II came out, though.

...And I know it doesn't do anything, but I STILL mash A/B after throwing a Pokeball. :V

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Mashing buttons to catch a Pokemon. XD I still do, but out of habit rather than believing it actually means anything.

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I hold down A & B and tap the screen everytime the pokeball shakes because I used to believe it would help increase the chances of catching the pokemon. Old habits never die.

Oh yeah, that was a typo. Sorry. What I meant was I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing a letter to Celebi from the movie. Y'know, like how children write to Santa Claus?

Oh, I see.

Writing a letter to my (ingame) mom, but I don't know where to send it

I guess a lot of people write letters. That's odd.

I do believe, on my first game (FireRed), I was going through the Elite 4, saw a Pokemon I liked, and used a Master Ball on it.

I didn't realize that you couldn't catch trainer's Pokemon...

Also, I don't think they gave it back.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I hold down A & B and tap the screen everytime the pokeball shakes because I used to believe it would help increase the chances of catching the pokemon. Old habits never die.

My friend told me that, and know I do it every time I throw a Poke Ball. Its kinda weird, because I do it instinctively.

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
Same here. I still don't understand why...

haha Same. But then I realize what I'm doing and stop. But the feeling that I should be holding down the buttons doesn't fade.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I also used to think that if I put up signs in the Safari Zone I could attract Bagons because they would "know where to go". I don't know where I got that notion from.

Oh, I see.

I guess a lot of people write letters. That's odd.

I do believe, on my first game (FireRed), I was going through the Elite 4, saw a Pokemon I liked, and used a Master Ball on it.

I didn't realize that you couldn't catch trainer's Pokemon...

Also, I don't think they gave it back.

I'm still a kid back then :p

And the letter I was wrote is asking a Thunderstone because my (ingame) mom spending my money, so I think she can buy one for me, so I can get a Jolteon.

This is on Crystal version

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
When the game first came out, I kept losing to Brock in Yellow with Pikachu, so I spent ages levelling up a Nidoran from route 1 until it was a lvl 31 Nidorino just so I could. Ahah...well..atleast it helped for the rest of the game too.