• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Let's think here...

-I used my Master Ball on Dialga in Diamond and Articuno in FireRed. I didn't realize much that for legendaries, they're pretty easy to catch (especially now I regret doing that as MESPRITS AND ROAMING LEGENDARIES IN GENERAL ARE HARD TO CATCH AND THEY GET REALLY ANNOYING AFTER A WHILE)
-I used to think that moves that had a -- or something like that in the damage thing, it'll do no damage. No idea why, but that is why I removed SonicBoom from my Floatzel.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I thought I had to but a slowpoketail in gold and silver to open the doors in the team rocket hideout, so when I forgot to buy one before I was unable to do so, I started a new game.

Snow Nine

Man, this brings back to mind rumors of Pikablu, Oak's secret garden of catchable starters and Mew under the truck in Red and Blue. So nostalgic!

Ah, thank you for that dose of nostalgia. Back in the first generation I thought levels were the only thing that affected stats, like in most rpgs, so I would use tons of rare candies.

milc546

<< Bonkers
Look at all the other posts and you'll have a brief summation of watt I did

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
I remember using escape rope to exit a cave. Instead of exiting at the other end I was back where I started. I was 7 that time.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I remember using escape rope to exit a cave. Instead of exiting at the other end I was back where I started. I was 7 that time.

i think weve all tried this.

I kept thinking i was finding shinies but they were just a little discoloured from my friends bad GBA screen

-There was an invisible item called the Mist Stone somewhere in ock Tunnel that the itemfinder couldn't pick up. This would evolve your starter into one of the Pokegods.

-Beat the E4 enough times and Oak would let you walk around the Hall of Fame, leading to Sky City.

-Behind Bill's house/Under the Truck there was a Mew.

-That old magazine hoax where you caught a dratini in Red, evolved it to Dragonite in Blue then trade it back over to Red and it'll turn into a Yoshi.

-Repel was a magic substsance that let you skip past NPCs that stopped you (outside Pewter City, Pokemon League entrance, etc. Some kid told me this. >_>) Also, you didn't NEED to beat Giovanni to go to the Pokemon league.

Zarthimus Prime

Let's see, dumbest thing I ever did...
I was playing the Red Version one night in the car, and happened to be wandering around the Power Plant. I had no idea what was in there, but when I ran into Zapdos I thought it was a Psyduck so I ran (to be fair, it was dark). The next I was talking to my friend at school and when I told him that I was in the PP he asked me about Zapdos. Probably my biggest "D'oh!" moment with Pokemon.

Liquid Luck

Oh jeez;

- Back when I was about six and got my first Pokemon game (Red) I used to play it all the time and shut it off and wonder why I always had to restart until my friend finally pointed out to me there was a save option...lmao
- If you talked to the man in the Space Center in Hoenn 100 times, he would take you to the moon to catch Jirachi
- If you beat the Elite Four enough times in R/S/E, you could go into the back of the Day Care Center and catch whatever pokemon you wanted

In my defense, one of my friends at the time told me about the bottom two. I didn't just come up with them out of nowhere lol.

Last edited:

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I used to think flygons evolved from shellgons the whole line had me fooled

bagon -> shellgon =/= flygon

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
I used to believe that you would lose the game if you didn't beat it within 80 hours.

Hmm.... reminds me of Majora's Mask.....

I used to think that shinies were random glitches.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Back when I was a noob (I still am) I didn't know that Kadabra evolved when traded. So on Pokemon Ruby, from my level 1 Abra (I think) I trained it up to level 70-something, and I thought "Why will this not evolve!?!?!?" Then I found out, but I had no friends who played, and no link cable (I played on the original DS). So, I think I still have it, maybe I'll bring it out again :D

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I never acknowleged the situation before I attacked. This is how I failed to capture the first shiny I've ever seen. I believe the Lairon was about Lv. 42, and my Sceptile was 48-50, and I used Leaf Blade. That wasn't the happiest of days.

plenum42

When I first played Crystal, I got to the part where you fight Suicune at the tower. I didn't catch him (Even though he's my second favorite pokemon)because I thought that it would be dishonerable and the monks would would throw stuff at me or something. When they said fight it I thought they meant ONLY fight it.;245;

Canada

Banned
I always thought that Sabrina was kinda cute...

Now I know she's freaking HOT

I'm not sure how to respond to that.........

:/

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
- Using a masterball on a lv. 28 Raticate
- Saving after i KOED Ho-oh
-Training my Sceptile to lv. 43 in Saphire while trying to figure out to get past these Team Aqua guys after my 2nd Badge
- Thinking if I caught all 251 pokemon in Gold Bill would give me a Mewthree
- Getting lost in the Dark Cave for 4 days(lol)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Using my masterball on raikou after randomly running into him before going to lugia because I didn't know you could track them on the pokewalker. Took me a while to get him without it

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Using a Masterball on a Shroomish because I thought I could get another at a store

In pokemon crystal when my chicorita started to evolve for the first time i panicked and started crying and screaming that my pokemon was dieing so i mashed the buttons down and stopped it from evolving for about 50 levels until i realized what that was.