• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Uberpolychrome

Soft Reset #2935
Ah yeah...When my Blaiziken got poisoned and I started walking the screen fuzzing began to happen, I though my game was broken so I spent an hour blowing the cartidge and blowing my SP.

Flame Mistress

Ah yeah...When my Blaiziken got poisoned and I started walking the screen fuzzing began to happen, I though my game was broken so I spent an hour blowing the cartidge and blowing my SP.

When the poisoning first happened to me, I was scared tondeath until I noticed that one of my pokemon was poisoned :p I think I nearly cried then :D

farnfarn64

I found a picture of Tyranitar in a book and saw that it evolved from larvitar but somehow I believed it was a silver exclusive (I only had gold at the time)...............I was SUPER excited when I saw a larvitar in Mt. Mortar randomly thought my game was special.

PKMN Trainer Hilbert

A simple trainer.
When I first played Silver I thought that Silver's name was actually ??? so when the police officer asked what his name was I put ??? and so I spent the whole game with a rival named ???. Lol.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I probably have the stupidest thing. It was back on my crystal version, I was in the slowpoke well and I wanted to catch a slowbro because I thought it evolved into slowking. After seeing slowking in the show and movie it just made me want it more. So I came across a slowbro and I had weakened it to the point were it had no more hp. I had a few balls and I was running low. I began worrying and alas my last ball was a masterball and I contemplated on using it, but alas I did. Well obviously I caught the thing and it went to my box, it never came out though.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
In pokemon red, I though that when my pikachu fainted from poisoning while walking with it in my party in viridian forrest, it meant that it fainted and I had to go find it in the forrest or else I would lose my pikachu forever... ya it's really stupid but I was young so :D

Well, I can't say that's as bad as me. When I first got poisoned on my Pokemon Red game and got out of battle and it did that thing it always does when you walk with a poisoned Pokemon I thought that there was something wrong with my Gameboy. LOL. I even had my parents worried.

I had lots of crazy misconceptions with the original Pokemon Red game. I thought all of those item Pokeballs scattered throughout the land were actually Pokemon just sitting in Pokeballs for me to go up and take.

I also believed, or at least tried, all of those rumors. Like the Mew and the truck, and there was even one person who told me that the grass outside of Pallet Town was where you would find the three Starters wild. They told me that if you dug in a certain spot in the Diglett Cave you would end up in that grass. lol. I kind of believed it. Believed it enough to try it anyway. xD

Last edited:

O.J. da Juiceman

My step-brother told me about the missingno. glitch when I was younger. I didn't really believe him, but I tried it anyways (surfing at Cinnabar) and all of a sudden that glitchy blob attacked me. I caught it, but I didn't know it multiplied the sixth item in your bag, so...

I ended up with unlimited gold nuggets and officially became the richest trainer in the Kanto region!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I found a picture of Tyranitar in a book and saw that it evolved from larvitar but somehow I believed it was a silver exclusive (I only had gold at the time)...............I was SUPER excited when I saw a larvitar in Mt. Mortar randomly thought my game was special.
Your game IS special if you found a Larvitar in Mt. Mortar. They usually only appear in Mt. Silver.
My step-brother told me about the missingno. glitch when I was younger. I didn't really believe him, but I tried it anyways (surfing at Cinnabar) and all of a sudden that glitchy blob attacked me. I caught it, but I didn't know it multiplied the sixth item in your bag, so...

I ended up with unlimited gold nuggets and officially became the richest trainer in the Kanto region!

And this is stupid how?

hokaga

i found a missingno. just for it to destroy my game so i evolved it and i got a kangeskan and my whole game just went blank and i still cant play it today it was blue. i had even a mew that my friend somehow got me.

Uberpolychrome

Soft Reset #2935
When the poisoning first happened to me, I was scared tondeath until I noticed that one of my pokemon was poisoned :p I think I nearly cried then :D

You'd think they'd mention it in the manual but no; just let the poor children panic

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I thought pokemon were 'killed' when they fainted and that Nurse Joy healed them to life. I still say 'i killed your pokemon' instead of 'i fainted your pokemon' out of old habit.

Flame Mistress

I remember my cousin telling me all the wrong evos of pokemon when I was a little kid still in kindergarten. I somehow had a feeling that she had got it all this wrong. I was right.

raquiri

When I first played Silver I thought that Silver's name was actually ??? so when the police officer asked what his name was I put ??? and so I spent the whole game with a rival named ???. Lol.

Ha ha, I did the same thing. Also, my bro told me I could evolve the pikachu in yellow if I got it to lvl 100. I gave up around level 80.

aeroi

Pokemon Gold was the first game I've ever played, but never finished. I remember I never knew how to save, how to catch Pokemon, hell...I don't think I even knew how to get out of the first city xD

I thought Hyper Beam was an Uber God move.

My team consisted of Legendaries only :p

aand I'll post more when I think of 'em.

burninator59

I would always turn off my game after my Pokemon fainted because I thought they died if they fainted too much...

I thought Water was Super-effective against the Machop family because... they looked like clay. I don't know.

AromaFlora

floofy
Haha, this is a great thread!

I'm just disappointed in myself in that I don't remember much about the stupid stuff I did.

Well, maybe since it's for "Pokemon", I'll talk about this one. When I was traveling in a airplane at a young age, I was playing my GameBoy with my Blue. When I stopped, I put the GameBoy and the Blue into the pocket of the seat in front of me. And when the airplane landed, I got off the plane. Missing something there? Yeah, I forgot my GameBoy and lost it forever. Not a biggie anymore though, hehe.

Anyway, I thought Weedle was some bugged version of Caterpie when I first saw it. I was like, what's that? I just remember seeing Ash with his Caterpie in the anime and never saw Weedle before. Now I know they're separate Pokemon.

I would get lost in Seaform Island, Pokemon Mansion, and Unknown Dungeon. It gets pretty scary not knowing where to go! Especially in Pokemon Mansion where you see all these horrifying journals. PAGE 1: MEWTWO WAS CREATED! PAGE 2: PLAN DIDN'T GO AS PLANNED, MEWTWO GOING TO KILL US ALL. Haha, now stuff like that is creepy and just made me not want to play anymore (definitely not the exact words or probably even meaning from the games).

Gigastrike

I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking ^.^'

You mean it doesn't!? 0.o

I thought Ho-Oh was Moltres.

I thought hyper beam was worthwhile.

I thought Rhyhorn a bunch of special moves.