• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I never thought any pokemon stat boosting moves, because I thought it was a waste of time.
And indeed when I took a quick look in the pokedex I was surprised by the size Gamefreak gave some pokemon.
e/ btw I ALWAYS only train my starter. I just wanna finish the game asap.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
what i did was trade my best for things like kelcelon and ditto i lost lapras in the process

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
~ I guess the typical imaginary pokemon friends, but who didn't.
~ The cheat in Pokemon R/S where if you talk to the lady that gave you a egg almost 200 times she would get fed up and give you the rest of the pokemon.
~ That Ash was awesome... sorry rant over
can't think of anything else

Firefury12

Most Epic Trainer
i thought that your rival gold and silver was a girl

Doctor Quark

Jack of All Trades
I used to believe in A+B+Down.

That more or less sums up my early Pokemon experience.

Nakashima

I still press Down + A + B, its a habit now, but I used to rlly believe I HAD to do that in order to catch anything.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
- thought u could break the white rock at mossdeep and get jirachi
- Thought that when the mossdeep rocket flight count got to 100 you could fly to the moon and find deoxys
-Used legendries
-Always trained my starter as my only pokemon
-Taught nearly all my pokemon hms
-Gave my pokemon crappy nicknames like "FIRE GUY" and "GRASS GIRL"
- always looked for ways to catch mew, celebi, lugia etc.
-Thought the orange pc box hand in frlg had something to do with shiny pokemon. I know pretty random, but true!
-Thought there was a trick to getting shinies, like waiting to hear the feint cry of a pokemon while looking for when then quickly finding it.
-Thought shiny pokemon lost their shininess when they evolved, got a great sigh of relief when my cousin gained a shiny rhydon from evolution.

lol my friends life goals. When we were all younger we all did this. Except when i trained a chinchou to lv.100. 4th level 100 ever was a chinchou with an everstone.

Up until about five minutes ago, I thought Golduck was a Water-Psychic type.

its not?

Twilight Sky

Phantasmic. ★
Back when I used to watch Pokemon anime as a kid, I really thought I could actually appear in the Pokemon anime whenever I wanted, so I tried as hard as I could to get into the TV.

Needless to say, my multiple attempts have failed.

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I missed the Sinnoh games so when I got SS I tried to get Leafeon with a leaf stone and Glaceon by training in the snow on Mt. Silver. And that was last summer so I still do stupid things in Pokemon!

Pokefan1023

Pokemon Breeder :)
Oh yeah, I was convinced select + b made the ball into a masterball until I was obviously proved wrong, then I just started doing it cause I believed it brought good luck and higher chances. I still do it sometimes when catching a significant Pokemon out of pure habit :)

CuriousHeartless

I used to do something most of us are still stupid enough tot ry to do. Use real logic to try to explain stuff in the Pokeverse, instead of using anime logic.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
^I hope you didn't put any bets on them. =p

I had a few, such as the usual button-combos improving luck in the games with captures/crit hits (ah, schoolyard rumours) and a few typing things (say with Golduck being Water instead of Water/Psychic, the latter being what I thought. I blame the Pokemon card I had of it!)