• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Metal_Zorua

Witch of Heart
I'd just EXP-share evolved my Silcoon imto a Beautifly. Annnd I forgot to save. LOL.

EDIT: Oh, and a bunch of assumations:

Slowbro into Slowking.
Sudowoodo is Grass type.
That you could go into the Route 111 desert right off the bat.
That all Burn did was damage you. (It lowers your attack too, gah)

Last edited:

Skydra

I'd just EXP-share evolved my Silcoon imto a Beautifly. Annnd I forgot to save. LOL.

That takes like 5 minutes tops. It's not exact.y that "stupid" to forget to save that little work.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
asking Santa for a (REAL) Blastoise + Pokeball... how disappointed I was when I only got a mini-plush Charmander in a plastic capsule I assumed was the ball. (10 -15 years ago now)

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
in gen 2 i walked into a cave without flash and gone in so far i couln't find the entrance again and saved
had to restart the game

Azn Kiwi

Nice Guy
in R/B, doesn't Professor Oak die in the game if you left your GBA on for 7 days straight?

In pokemon Red I would always try to catch Brock's Geodude because it was like invincible against my Charmander's Scratch attack :/

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I put my Hoppip in the Day Care, and I guess I was spending too much money because at Goldenrod City, after obtaining 3 badges, I did not have enough money to pull my Hoppip out.

And I was so mad, because I thought they were never going to give her back. I'd check back everyday and talk to them, and they'd say they wouldn't give her back.

I thought they were Pokenappers, and they just let me see the Pokemon the Pokenapped from me. @__@

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
*I thought Pokemon exists and I saw a sparrow in the bushes and I ran about yelling, "MOM, MOM, there's a Pokemon in our tree!" and all the neighbours stared at me. Cringe!
*I thought that you could breed Mewtwo with a Ditto and get Mew.
*I waited, when I was 10, all night for a letter in the post saying 'You have been asked a very important request - to start your journey, I hope to see you in my lab soon to choose your starter Pokemon, ~Oak' LOL!

That is my basics and I once saw a Victini in real life recently... I think it was a glimpse but it did look to good not to be real!

~Victini

Soperman

The One and Only
I used to think that if you hugged your gameboy after catching a pokemon (which i did by rapidly smashing the a and b buttons) the pokemon would love you forever and be stronger than before. I was a special little kid.

snowrlax

new shiny hunter
~from pokemon red through fire red my team consisted of a dragonite, starter, zapdos, articuno, and mewtwo
~i spent days in victory road in fire red searching for a moltres
~i killed every wild pokemon in sight, because i thought they would come back angry and stronger

Tosh420

I play pokemon.
Totally believed the rocket thing, except if the count was 50 you got deoxys and if it was 100 it was jirachi. Dont know where i got THIS, but i thought that taking all 3 starters and rayquaza, groudon and kyogre into the Scorched Slab would result in a black hole appearing, which would allow you to breed legendaries and catch Mew an infinite number of times. (WHAT?)

Genki97

Five Stars
I met my first and only shiny Pokemon in Emerald, which was an Electrike. I thought it was a glitch, but gladly, I didn't decide to faint it. I thought that catching a "glitched Pokemon" was cool, so I tried to catch it.
I did.
But then, for some forgotten reason, I just decided to erase all the data to my previous Emerald game, with 4 lv. 100 Pokemon, 3 stars on my trainer card, and the shiny Electrike.
I regret that decision even now, when I have yet to get a shiny Pokemon in any of my games.