• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

HiddL

Pokemon Whisperer
in gen 1 because of machop line, i always thought that all the fighting types were rock
cmon he is made of rock :D
also thought that non damaging moves were pointless.
thought luck calculated who goes first
the general stuff :}

Ilan

I had lots of mistakes as I started playing pokemon:
-I belived the game actually ends after the league in GSC.
-I had a level 100 kadabra in a trading emulator :/ his set was confusion,psybeam,teleport and something I don't remember.
-I used to belive that the people in the way to victory way in GSC hid behind them a way for mew and mewtwo.
-I used to belive the moves never would run out of use (I belived PP don't exist).
-I used mainly "tackle" and stab moves of the pokemon like double kick with blaziken and so on.
-I used to believe "Ruins of Alph" had more than just unowns.
-I also had the belief "The starter is the strongest pokemon you will ever have" and so I never let a pokemon on my team be higher level than my starter and till pokemon "Black" I always used a starter in my team.
-I didn't find the 5th gym on RSE so I just started a new game with other save (I used emulators then, I still do).
-I though status moves were useless.

Last edited:

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
-I believed that if you beat the Pokemon league 100 times in R/B/E, I'd fly to the moon and catch the Dark and evil version of each Pokemon-

-I believed you could level your Pokemon indefinably-

-I thought Arceus was Entei's brother(my friend was messed up and took advantage of me wanting to know everything about every Pokemon, okay?-​

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
In Pokemon Red, I threw my Master Ball at Zapdos.

...Now listen to this.

In Pokemon Fire Red, about 7 years later, I threw my Master Ball at a Shiny Zapdos. (Wasn't SR'ing for it or anything)

Talk about book-ending.

VictiniChamp

Serendade, that's pretty freaking awesome not gonna lie.

I watched the 3rd Pokemon movie's extra features and thought the guy narrating was serious when he said "We're working on making real life pokemon". Forever feels like and idiot for believing.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
First thing: Thought Pokemon went to level 150...then back to 100 with the same stats.

Second: Only gauged moves by power, not by physical/special categorizing.

Third: Thought Jirachi could be caught if I had 200 caught Pokemon in my Dex.

Fourth: Considered training an Audino.

Fifth: It took me 6 weeks to memorize the names of the Unova starters.

Do I need to go on?

Gorrilaz

Sinnoh league Champ
My 10-year old beliefs

-A caterpie turns into mew if you keep it in daycare all day, and give it 99 rare candys
-repeatedly catching pidgeys progressed my pokedex info
-arcues was fanmade, until the azure flute event came up
-you got to meet ash (from the anime) after you beat the elite 4
-absol was a legendary

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
every reigon was connected so id be able to go to johto when i finished hoenn in ruby

thought mew evolved into mewtwo

got rid of a shiny arcticuno in firered for a ditto

used to think charizard was fire/dragon

calling absol 'that white thing with a black horn'

selling my only master ball

got lost in the department store in gsc
ALOT more

Last edited:

pantherotter

Meow~ <3
Lol at all the posts!

My moments:
-In Red, I used up my masterball for a Pokemon that belonged to an NPC because I thought you could catch anything with it. I was really mad it didn't work. I was also very young. XD
-I actually thought the holding down the B button trick increased my chances of catching anything and I continued doing that right up until the 4th generation.
-I though Pikablu existed and tried every "trick" to get it.
-I also thought Mewthree existed.
-I thought getting to level 100 was all that mattered for 4 generations. I would always wonder why I was never strong enough to beat hard mode on Colosseum even though my team was at level 100.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I think I have a few, some of them are embarrasing >.<

> I thought Skitty and Delcatty were Gen 1
> I gave all of my pokemon all moves of the same type
> I thought pressing Y just before the pokeball started moving guaranteed a catch
> I found a shiny wooper and killed it, because I tohught it was female. (Sometimes I do all male/female teams to be picky)
> I thought that if your pokemon fainted they died forever.
> I was 100% convinced that Bug types were superior.
> I always brought my starter pokemon one level after evolution (cancellation) because i thought that made them cooler
> I thought stats stayed the same after evolution
>I stopped leveling at 83 because i thought 84 was a cursed number
> I tried to look for Celebi for 2 weeks in emerald

When I was really new to Pokemon (I was about 4), I used to think Pokemon couldn't evolve. I don't know why, but I was soon shocked when my Caterpie evolved in Pokemon Yellow, lol.

Also, on Pokemon Sapphire when I was like 8, I caught a Ralts, put it in the PC box, wondered what the 'release' option would do and I saw my Ralts fade away into nothingness. D: I thought it might it would release Ralts into my party, lmao.

I used to believe a lot of "glitches" in emerald. The craziest one I believed was that on christmas if you beat the E4 25 times and go to lilicove there would be a girl and she would ask you if you like cheese. Then if you say no she would send you to hell. Then the devil would take you to a big thing of cheese with mewtwo in it. I also thought rare candies weakened pokemon, and no one could beat a lv.100 pokemon. I had no clue about evs or ivs and I could have cared less about natures. I thought stat changing moves were useless and I would use overheat, draco meteor, ect. Over and over. Yea I was stupid back then. XD Did any one else ever see that cheese cheat?

I wasn't so young, but until I came to Serebii I refused to use moves that don't actually damage my opponents, I didn't bother with Natures (though I still don't much), and when I was a teen I used to, instead of button-mashing, rub the touch screen in the direction the Poke Ball was shaking. Yeah...

Arceus94

When I bought Ruby and saw Silcoon and Cascon, i thought
the pokedex showed like.. EVERY pokemon you met.
i didn't see the difference between them, and thought they were the same.
so i thought the pokedex showed every pokemon in general, like how many you have met of the same kind xD