• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

PsiOmega

An old soul
I didn't know Nidoking evolved via Moon Stone until after getting a level 100 Nidorino.

I thought the attack stat was always used and sp. attack for crit hits only. Haha.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Back in Silver, I didn't know that the Kanto regions that were removed (Silph building, Safari Zone etc.) were totally inaccessible. I spent HOURS talking to the building guard with different teams holding random items in the hopes that SOMETHING would make him move.

Also, I trusted my friend with my game for two minutes and he threw my Master Ball at a trainer's Pikachu.

KingWiggins

Use to think Blissey had a good Attack Stat (never looked it up) so I gave it Thunder wave, Focus Punch, Earthquake, and Psychic..
When I figured out I just waisted the best moves in the game on a stupid Blissey I almost killed myself... lol

Missingno.Fan

I don't remember what I posted in this thread already, but here I go:
*I thought that all of your Pokemon in the computer would be deleted if you lost to the Elite Four 100 times (my brother said that his friend told him that).
*I thought my game was broken when I was poisoned.
*I thought Rotom was a thunderstorm version of Castform.
*I thought that Steel types were weak against Water.
*I didn't know about Flash on my first playthrough of Blue so I stumbled my way through the rock tunnel wondering why the game was so hard.

Rogue-3

I thought that if your rival beat you in Pokemon tower that your pokemon would die and become ghosts...

Scaldaver

Limitless
I told my brother (with an idea planted in my head by a friend) that there was a fusion stone - a stone which can fuse any pokemon in R/S/E. It was rare as for each step taken it changed places. I was a cruel brother :(

KingWiggins

I used to throw master balls at level 20 growthlithes because I thought it was smarter than wasting 20 pokeballs..

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
look, im still a kid but, this is what i thought when i got my first game, pearl:
1. that pokemart was a pokemon center (look i didnt do the game introduction and the bit where you choose your starter)
2. i thought that onix was the best pokemon in the world, even better than the groudon i was using which was like level 80, the onix was like lv 19 and i caught it in a master ball
3. on ss, i thought that water was supereffetive on flying because i used water gun on falkner's pidgey and i swear it said super effective, then i told my friend and she sai it wasnt so we were than both convinced that pidgey was a ground type
4. i thought that if you named your rival the name of someone in your palpad that that person would then come from there game and be your rival
5. back to pearl, i thought that exp shares were useless since i alreadt had strong pokemon (groudon, snorlax, charizard, swampert, scyther (scizor now) and dialga) so i thrashed like 10 of them, big mistake
6. i used to think that EVERYBODY loved pokemon so much and knew as much about it as i did and dragged my whole class into it in year 4 (third grade) and they all thought i was loony

KingWiggins

Lol, I once used Toxic on Heracross..

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
In the first games... I thought when the S.S. Anne left I really had to wait a whole year until it came back. Then I realized it would never come back lol

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
In the first games... I thought when the S.S. Anne left I really had to wait a whole year until it came back. Then I realized it would never come back lol

Man that was a fail. It was still pretty funny. When I was younger, and I had Pearl as my first (or second) game, I couldn't figure out how to save. I had chosen Chimchar, but didn't know how to save, so I restarted and chose Turtwig, still not knowing how to save. I restarted one more time and chose Piplup. I learned how to save and kept it. I founf 2 shinies on that game. 1st Geodude. You know what happened. The 2nd Medicham, but I caught that one, but I restarted my game soon after because I didn't know how to get to Spear Pillar and I had used my MB on Bronzong.

KickAsh

halted development
Going through rock tunnel in red version w/o flash cuz i had no idea how to get it
I did this, too. Except I did it because I didn't feel like catching 10 Pokemon (which seems ridiculous now) so I stubbornly stumbled my way through the tunnel. Probably wasted a good 45 minutes at least.

Also, I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking (until like a year ago), and I used to think Psychic was weak to Psychic so I basically got locked into a stalemate every time I battled Sabrina in FR.

KingWiggins

Also, I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking

I thought I was the only one who used to think that.. lol

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Thinking Slowbro evolved into Slowking
Thinking Absol was legendary
Probably some more stuff I forgot.