• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

DjangoCribbs

Well, this is going right back to the original UK release of Red and Blue... but I was rather shocked to discover that four moves was the maximum.
Oh, how about buying that damn Magikarp?

DjangoCribbs

My first game was Emerald. As soon as I got my first Masterball, I blew it on a Linoone. A Linoone.

Never played Emerald. Did they remove the text where it tells you that it's one-of-a-kind, 100% success rate?
And why the hell where you trying to catch a LINOONE?

TheShinyWriter

Poké-Journalist
Heh. Many a time ago.
-Believing a Lv. 100 Dusknoir lurked in the Old Chateau, (Sayanora, Black Flute!).
-Thinking: Arbok evolved into Seviper, and that Pikachu was unbeatable.
-Finding out Golbat was a Grass-type due to one of my inaccurate Poke' Sticker-books.
-Getting rid of my Gameboy Color and Pokemon games.
-Hoping Grovyle would return in a PMD storyline, and spamming job completions.
-Oak wanting Anchovies... = Magikarp. :l
-Poliwag = Ditto's disguise.
-Losing shiny Abra... Running.

Gampi

ガンピ
In Gold, I encountered a shiny Geodude and I intended to catch it... but it used Selfdestruct,
I wasted the first Master Ball I obtained in Sapphire on an Abra because I kept on getting annoyed that they kept using Teleport and fleeing.
In Emerald, I thought Altering Cave would change Pokémon depending on what the time was. I was dissapointed when I found out that the wild Pokémon can only be altered with a Mystery Gift. (I didn't know there was an Altering Cave in FireRed and LeafGreen until I read about it since I completed Emerald before LeafGreen)

RasenShuriken6

Back in the pokemon yellow days, I didn't know how to save the game. I was very young mind you. Every time I turned the game off I thought it saved by itself so when I turned it on I had to restart everything. Over and over I kept turning the game off and restarting when I turned it back on until I finally saw that save option. Probably the definition of stupid right here.

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
Thinking stat-changing moves were completely useless. Heck, even thinking you could beat the entire Pokemon League just by spamming Overheat. I desperately cultivated Leppa berries because of that.

Once, I bought a guidebook for Pokemon Colosseum, (I didn't have the game, but I had Stadiums 1 and 2 and I guess I thought it was a sequel or something) and somehow because of it I remember thinking that Whiscash was somehow related to Wailord and Wailmer.

ebevan91

No idea. Ask my ten-year-old self.

Seriously though I used it at the first opportunity. Catching Rayquaza later was a pain in the rear.

Don't feel bad, I used a Master Ball on an Onix in Pokemon Blue. I went to my friend across the street and said "Hey look at this cool Pokemon I just caught" and he saw I used my Master Ball on it and he laughed really hard.

SprSncConzor

Don't feel bad, I used a Master Ball on an Onix in Pokemon Blue. I went to my friend across the street and said "Hey look at this cool Pokemon I just caught" and he saw I used my Master Ball on it and he laughed really hard.

Oh man! I guess every trainer makes that mistake when starting out! These days I don't even use the Masterballs I collect!

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Oh man! I guess every trainer makes that mistake when starting out! These days I don't even use the Masterballs I collect!

Haha I know right!
BW2 actually gave us two of them, yet I never used them.

ebevan91

How'd he see that you used your Master Ball on it if we can't see which Pokéball was used in Gen I? :confused:

He knew I had a Master Ball and saw that it was gone. He was playing it earlier that day to help me out.

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
I used to think you could only nickname your pokemon something which was related to their actual pokemon name. For example, i called my Cyndaquil Cyndy, my Shinx Shinxy and my Lapras Lappy, to name a few from earlier games :D Some were just downright stupid

tcg

私は日本語が話せない
I thought tapping "A" rapidly would help increase the catch rate.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
I never used my master balls and never do to this day. I don't even know why :p
I once used a glitch device on my pokemon Diamond and some strange Missingno. appeared. I caught it with my cheated master balls. Never saw it again.
Just recently, I entered the PWT and battled a Heracross who (I thought) only knew Stone Edge. Choice items...
i used to believe EVERYTHING I saw on youtube. "Wow how to get Jirachi on Sapphire? I gotta see this!"
Shiny pokemon had higher EV's (or was it IV's?)
I wasn't very good at the game. I had jumped in on Generation 3, where (Somehow) I had EXTREMELY good persistence and got a couple lvl 100's.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Uhm.... A lot of stupid things. I think I was around six and my first game was pokémon gold.

I thought that every time I healed my pokémon center that they gave free pokéballs xD

That Pikachu didn't had a pre evolution.

That if I'd press release that my pokémon would actually walk behind me like ash's pikachu.

That legendaries would re apear if I'd kill them.

That I could evolve all pokémon by just battling.

Tha when my opponent decreased my stats that it would last like that.

Pokémon could be leveled after level 100.

You know these pokémon that aren't easy to find -> are all legendaries -> use master ball to catch it.

That latios or latias could breed babies since they have a gender.

That rayquaza's name was emerald, Kyogre saphire and groudon ruby xD

Every pokéball found on the ground was +1 pokéball xP.

I think that's about... Maybe some more stupid things like thinking that Lucario and spiritomb are legendaries o,o

BlackStar80

My name's Blurryface
Well, in my sisters pokemon Yellow, Pikachu was called Pizzaface because we thought it was funny, we let it evolve and I gave it an everstone because I thought it would change it back into a Pikachu XDDDD

Mew The Gato

Well, in my sisters pokemon Yellow, Pikachu was called Pizzaface because we thought it was funny, we let it evolve and I gave it an everstone because I thought it would change it back into a Pikachu XDDDD

O-oh... but Pikachu can only evolve with a Thunderstone and this Pikachu refuses to evolve even if you use one. If you "let" it evolve, then I do not think you traded to another game just to evolve it... so... how did the Pokemon Yellow Pikachu evolve? A glitch?! 0_0