• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
I remember in Sapphire, my Blaziken's final moveset was:

-Blaze Kick
-Overheat
-Rock Smash
-Cut

Good times.

Oh, and I raised a Wingull to about level 50-something because I thought it looked cute. I had it take on the Elite Four. It knew Water Gun.

BraveBlastoise

Experienced Trainer
lol these are so funny same with me!

i still to this day rapidly press A when catching a pokemon, and i still believe it since the times i havent the pokemon has escaped

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
i still to this day rapidly press A when catching a pokemon, and i still believe it since the times i havent the pokemon has escaped

So you are telling me that if a Pokémon has extremely low catch rate, and is not hurt at all, I can still catch it with an ordinary PokéBall as long as I click the A button constantly?

That's interesting, doesn't mean I'll do it though as my thumb will get very tired by tabbing the A button constantly.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
When I was a kid I only trained one useful Pokemon in Red and Blue versions. Basically my starter. So I would go to the E4 with a overpowered starter. Be it Charizard, Venusaur, or Blastoise. I'm so glad those days are over and I train a full team of six. How did I do it back then? Just using one Pokemon? I was so dumb as a kid when it came to raising Pokemon.

Another stupid thing I did when I was a kid playing my Red version for the first time. The very first time I encountered Zapdos at the Power Plant, I wasn't ready for it, so I ran away. I got away safely and I expected Zapdos to return when I was ready. You don't know how many times I entered that Power Plant expecting to see Zapdos at the end again.

King91

I'm all fired up!
When I was a kid I only trained one useful Pokemon in Red and Blue versions. Basically my starter. So I would go to the E4 with a overpowered starter. Be it Charizard, Venusaur, or Blastoise. I'm so glad those days are over and I train a full team of six. How did I do it back then? Just using one Pokemon? I was so dumb as a kid when it came to raising Pokemon.
So much this.

Zirac888

So much this.

Yeeeeeep. I remember having only Blaziken on Ruby, and somehow made it to Steven...once. I lost. Never did get back to him until I was older and understood a bit more.
Along with only using my starter, though, I would always catch/use whatever was newest on the routes if my starter happened to faint.

Otherwise, the first time I got a Master Ball I used it on a Pelipper. It looked so cool and strong and rare to little 'ole me I just chucked the ball without a second thought.
I also was determined to get to the moon in third gen after seeing something about it on a cheats website. I was also so determined to find a gap between the rocks and find a way outside of the confined ocean in Hoenn.
Oh, and I had no idea Pacifidlog Town even existed for the longest time. Little me never noticed it on the map, so when I stumbled upon it randomly I was so mystified. Especially about that island that would appear randomly.

Such good times.

So you are telling me that if a Pokémon has extremely low catch rate, and is not hurt at all, I can still catch it with an ordinary PokéBall as long as I click the A button constantly?

That's interesting, doesn't mean I'll do it though as my thumb will get very tired by tabbing the A button constantly.

no not at all, but its just incredibly lucky for me and when i dont do it i rarely catch the pokemon. I dont throw balls at pokemon with full health unless its something like an abra.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I've always thought, (and still think, even so it's wrong,) that Shellder was a Water/Ice type. ;.;

imran3

Nothing much...
My cousin told me that there was a Pokemon League in his backyard when I was 5. But I had to do variable tests to get the badges:

Boulder Badge- I put a rock in my mouth and failed to eat it.
Cascade Badge- I held my breath in water for 15 seconds and boy, I nearly suffocated
Thunder Badge- I slided down a slide with woolen pants and got an electric shock and boy it stinged
Rainbow Badge- I ate some grass and fell sick
Soul Badge- My cousin skipped that. It was originally dip my hand in the toilet
Marsh Badge- I had to solve algebraic equations given my his elder brother
Volcano Badge- I touched a 70 Degree Centigrade bowl, and it was boiling hot!
Earth Badge- Make all the badges.

And then I came to my country becuz of some probs. And he said you need to be 10 to enter the Pokemon League.

DedicatedFan

My cousin told me that there was a Pokemon League in his backyard when I was 5. But I had to do variable tests to get the badges:

Boulder Badge- I put a rock in my mouth and failed to eat it.
Cascade Badge- I held my breath in water for 15 seconds and boy, I nearly suffocated
Thunder Badge- I slided down a slide with woolen pants and got an electric shock and boy it stinged
Rainbow Badge- I ate some grass and fell sick
Soul Badge- My cousin skipped that. It was originally dip my hand in the toilet
Marsh Badge- I had to solve algebraic equations given my his elder brother
Volcano Badge- I touched a 70 Degree Centigrade bowl, and it was boiling hot!
Earth Badge- Make all the badges.

And then I came to my country becuz of some probs. And he said you need to be 10 to enter the Pokemon League.

You poor guy lol.

Glaceon2000

When I played Pokemon for the first time, I also made the mistake of teaching my venusaur cut and three grass moves. I loved Moltres when I was a kid, so I kept trying to use rock smash on the rocks on one island to get to it, I think my pokemon knew rock smash at this point, but I couldn't get it to work. I tried for days before realizing that I needed the sixth badge to use it. xD

I completely ignored the use of status moves. Period. I never caught any other Pokemon to actually "use" on my team. My teams were always composed of my starter at a crazy high level, and a bunch of HM slaves. I was just barely able to beat Blue's Blastoise with my Charizard on Fire Red, and on like my 15th attempt too. Oh, and lastly, I thought that Makuhita was an evolution of Pikachu.

mellowrush

In Pokémon Red I was struggling to catch schyther in the safari zone and one afternoon, after wasting a lot of safari ball it ran away and I just throw my yellow game boy and crack the screen... Somehow it still managed to work, even if the image was a little distorted, but I cried so much I got an headache...dumb kid I was

purnpkiin

I believed I could transform as a kid. I 'transformed' into a vulpix and got angry when my friend told me I looked the same.
I used to dig for Digletts and go through the forest to look for Celebi.
I caught a shiny Slowbro, named it "werid" because I couldn't spell, then I traded it for a Marshstomp I already had.
I caught a Zigzagoon with a masterball.
I thought Pokemon were real.
I told my friend that when your Pokemon reach level 100, they die from old age.