• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Ugh...I am realizing how little I knew about Pokémon back then. Think I started playing at six years old?:

•If you walk into the trees that surround Pallet town after beating the Elite four and capturing Mewtwo in FireRed/LeafGreen, Entei will appear.
•There was a mountain you could climb to find Mew, and I always thought that if you defeat Multres and return to his mountain, you would eventually find Mew.
•Latios was Latias's father.
•Entei was supposed to be a Persian cat, Raikou was a tiger, and Suicune wasn't related to them in any way.
• Lugia was a water type.
•The shiny color palettes for the starters where actually just what you received depending on what version if the game. For example...you'd get a different color of starter depending on what version you got.
•If you put two Lugias in a daycare you would receive a rainbow colored egg that would hatch into a baby Lugia.
•Stat changing moves actually had no effect so all my Pokémon only had attack moves.
•Eevee evolved into umbreon/espeon with a moonstone.
•There were multiple ways to make one pokémon evolve into the same pokémon. For example, Bulbasaur could evolve into Ivysaur if you leveled it up OR if you gave it a leaf stone.
•I thought Pokémon evolved into things that they actually didn't. For example, Slowbro evolved into Slowking. Wobbuffet evolved into Wynaut.
•Legendaries could evolve.
•Some Pokémon evolved at lv. 100
•Pikachu could come in 25 different colors in the game. My friend told me she had seen them all on a chart before.
•I mispronounced a ton of names. Thought Teddiursa was "Teddy-ursula" and Piloswine was "Pillow-swine".

And a lot more haha...

Akashin

•Stat changing moves actually had no effect so all my Pokémon only had attack moves.

I never thought they were worthless, but I used to severely undervalue stat changing moves and assume that they weren't worth the move slot.

•I mispronounced a ton of names. Thought Teddiursa was "Teddy-ursula" and Piloswine was "Pillow-swine".

I still pronounce Piloswine that way. Rolls off the tongue easier, accuracy be damned.

When gen 4 came out when I was little, I thought Pachirisu was a legendary because it had no evolution (I assumed a pokemon had to have no evolution to be legendary) and in the gen 4 pokedex book, Pachirisu's page had stars and everything XD

So of course, I went around telling everyone Pachirisu was a legendary and refusing to listen to anything else anyone told me

Oh my goodness...I wish there was a legendary squirrel.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I once thought that in order to get the item behind Gardenia's gym in D/P, you had to use Cut on the trees and therefore I had to beat the gym first.
I did not realize there was a passable gap.

I am unsure if I posted this before.

Like your logic. I don't care if it's pronounced "Ar-KEE-us" it looks like it's pronounced "Ar-SEE-us" so that's how I'm gonna say it! Haha I love how everyone also has their own way to say Rattata.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Like your logic. I don't care if it's pronounced "Ar-KEE-us" it looks like it's pronounced "Ar-SEE-us" so that's how I'm gonna say it! Haha I love how everyone also has their own way to say Rattata.

It is the C, which is a confusing letter as it can have a K or S sound.

katelia

Graceful Elegance
Ah this is fun...
Well here's something that was a rumor at my elementary school back in the late 90ies. During the RBGY era it was said that if you had all 150 Pokémon, you could fly the space rocket that was stalled inside the museum to catch Mew on the moon.
Probably the rumor was based on the intro of the old anime showing Mew and Mewtwo in space and it's probably also derived from the Mew rumor in Vermillion. Anyway, those were the days you'd believe that kind of thing. xD

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Ah this is fun...
Well here's something that was a rumor at my elementary school back in the late 90ies. During the RBGY era it was said that if you had all 150 Pokémon, you could fly the space rocket that was stalled inside the museum to catch Mew on the moon.
Probably the rumor was based on the intro of the old anime showing Mew and Mewtwo in space and it's probably also derived from the Mew rumor in Vermillion. Anyway, those were the days you'd believe that kind of thing. xD
I heard similar about Jirachi in Hoenn, so I filled up the Dex.
I thought potion worked on fainted Pokémon.
I thought you could save more than one game on a cartridge (and deleted my first FireRed game).
I thought legendaries could only be caught in Master Balls so I caught Zapdos but fainted Moltres and Articuno (in FireRed).

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
I used to think Male Pokemon where stronger than Females due to me me not knowing Gender Signs till I was older so my whole team in Ruby was Males.

Aswell, I thought that the Eeveelutions could change between them selves, so If I used a fire stone on a Vaporeon it would change to a Flareon, ect. I was sad that It couldn't.

kisspower12

I am me
Sapphire was my first handheld Pokemon game, and I only used one Pokemon for everything: Swellow. Wing Attack everything. Somehow I managed to get to the Elite Four only using Swellow, but I could never beat the Champion. I raised it to level 76 or something, while I didn't even have a Sceptile at that point, it was still a Grovyle.

I also didn't know you could catch Kyogre. I thought you had to defeat it to save the world.

Same here! but I only trained swampert an one after using TM's a buttload of times xD

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
I used to think that all Jiggly Puff came from a Blastoise cannon due to the episode in the Orange Islands where Jiggly Puff gets stuck in a Blastoise cannon. If I ever had a blastoise toy or had him in game, I always thought a Jigglypuff was there inside his canon as well!

fitzy909

Just another guy
The TCG, due to types being grouped, made me think that electric was weak to fighting and similar things. This annoyed me so much. I also, for no reason in particular, got it inside my head that fire was weak to flying. Weird i know.

One of my friends in school told me that if you could breed a Nidoqueen and a Nidoking, the egg could hatch into anything, even legendaries. That led to a long and frustrating stint at the daycare center as a kid >.>