• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

keybug55

Pop sensation
Using an over leveled pokemon even though it didn't listen to you.

Also killing Groudon and not saving...still kinda annoyed with that after like 11 years lol

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Pearl was my first Pokemon game and I never understood what Special Attack and Special Defense was. It's pretty obvious what all the other stats do, but I had no clue that some attacks dealt physical damage, while others dealt special. I always though Special Attack was some sort of backup stat, like if your attack was lowered a certain amount, you'd start using special attack instead. Anyways, I had a Giratina (my favorite Pokemon), and I really wanted to teach it Draco Meteor, but I had just caught it. I didn't want to wait to make it friendly with me, so I gave it a whole bunch of those berries that lowered special attack and special defense, but raise friendship, thinking that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. The worst part is, in addition to Draco Meteor, it also knew two other special attack moves.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pearl was my first Pokemon game and I never understood what Special Attack and Special Defense was. It's pretty obvious what all the other stats do, but I had no clue that some attacks dealt physical damage, while others dealt special. I always though Special Attack was some sort of backup stat, like if your attack was lowered a certain amount, you'd start using special attack instead. Anyways, I had a Giratina (my favorite Pokemon), and I really wanted to teach it Draco Meteor, but I had just caught it. I didn't want to wait to make it friendly with me, so I gave it a whole bunch of those berries that lowered special attack and special defense, but raise friendship, thinking that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. The worst part is, in addition to Draco Meteor, it also knew two other special attack moves.

I used to think that same way back when I first started playing.

My first game was Silver. I couldn't stand dealing with Special Attack and Defense because I didn't know what they were. I would just ignore them and anything related to them. I look back on it like, "What on Earth was I thinking?"

ryanthehuman

• When I found my first shiny (a Wurmple) in Emerald, I thought it was ill and talked to the nurse about 70 times thinking she could heal it.
  • Later when I found a shiny Cacnea in the same game, I assumed it was just a new colour pallet for Emerald since this was the first one I had seen
  • I didn't know how Clamperl evolved, so I levelled one up to level 100 thinking it would evolve into some sort of super powerful Kraken
  • I didn't know that Yanma was a thing until Pokemon Platinum... and I've been playing since Yellow!
  • Speaking of Yellow, I thought that Double Team actually dealt damage and had my Pikachu use it all the time.
  • I also didn't know how to get to Lavender Town. It took me months to figure out that I could go east from Cerulean City.
  • I thought that Latias/Latios were gender-based evolutions of Togetic.
  • I thought that 'New Game' meant an entirely different game... as in a Mario game or a Kirby game or something!

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
I had no idea what the difference between special/physical attack was. I put fire blast on everything in emerald in the name of what I thought was "type coverage." I also thought hyper beam and solar beam were the best things since sliced bread.

Maserati777

A couple things.

1. I always thought Fighting type energy was Ground energy

2. I traded a base set Pokemon Breeder for a Squirtle on the playground. It was right around the time base set came out so I wasn't at all familiar with the cards, to be honest I didn't care about the trainers all that much.

3. I never put my starter in the box after Yellow version because I thought it would hate me, like Pikachu.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
The TCG, due to types being grouped, made me think that electric was weak to fighting and similar things. This annoyed me so much. I also, for no reason in particular, got it inside my head that fire was weak to flying. Weird i know.

This, so much. I didn't get the whole psychic, ghost and poison weakness system for a while until I really got into the games.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
When I played my first Pokemon game (which was Emerald) I saw the Flygon in the intro and thought "I want that one!" So I picked Treecko thinking it would evolve into Flygon. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw Sceptile appear when my Grovyle evolved. Then I caught a Trapinch and when it evolved I freaked out. XD

Also two words: Giga Impact.

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
I remember when I played Pokemon Coliseum that I would always choose Vulpix to be on my team. I knew I would lose but back in the day, Vulpix was my favorite pokemon, like FAVORITE, Vulpix and Ninetales

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
When I first obtained my very own pkmn game which is Ruby/Sapphire, I actually had no idea on how to play the game in which I ended up attacking the target with physical attacks, at that time I didn't use any lowering stats attack since I was still a newbie to the game. Until one of my friend advice that game is not all about doing physical attacks with a target that is the time I felt stupid to myself

NotABeginningTrainer

My first game was Emerald and the first time chasing after team aqua in the submarine I got lost in the cave. Well not really, but I couldn't get through the strength rock maze. I guess I kept trying but eventually gave up. I left and carried on with the game however I could. At some point I completely forgot about that place and wasn't sure how to get into the gym in sootopolis, among other things. I never beat that game until after I beat Diamond. My pokemon were around lvl 70 the first time I beat the league.

lavanda

Really feeling it
I thought Torkoal was a horrendous monster.

RS sprite

I saw the holes in the shell as its eyes, and the neck + head as a closed hand coming out of the shell, somehow grabbing the smoke.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I thought Torkoal was a horrendous monster.

RS sprite

I saw the holes in the shell as its eyes, and the neck + head as a closed hand coming out of the shell, somehow grabbing the smoke.

Cannot unsee...