1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid things you did in Pokémon games as a kid

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jul 11, 2018.

1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

When we first played Pokémon, most of us were little kids who didn't really understand the game mechanics as well as we now do as adults. This meant that we ended up doing some particularly silly things in the game, due to our childhood naivety.

So what were some of those stupid things you did as a kid in the Pokémon games? I was also pretty young when I first started playing (like 5 or 6), so here's some of my cringey moments:

• Using a Master Ball on a Cascoon in Ruby
    • Fainting the legendaries because I thought you couldn't catch them
    • Using Pikachu, Pidgey or Caterpie against Brock in Yellow

2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

-Using Master Ball on Snorlax because it kept spamming Rest
    -Trying to evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon in FireRed
    -Thinking Fire attacks were super effective against Sudowoodo (I first saw this Pokemon on a Hiker's team in Ruin Valley)

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  3. ARG0

ARG0 Pokemon Researcher

Attempting to use Psychic on Umbreon with my Espeon... and not stopping after the first failure. In my defense, I was 6.

4. NovaBrunswick

In your defence, you kind of can get Espeon and Umbreon in FR/LG. Just trade your Eevee back to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, evolve them into Espeon or Umbreon at the right time, then trade them back to FR/LG. There you go! ;)

On Sudowoodo, I also thought he was a Grass-type at first, just because he looked like a tree. We even called him 'the tree guy'. :D

5. Morton Belgram

Morton Belgram Well-Known Member

I started a whole new game in Red to raise the most powerful Rattata of all time. I gave it moves like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam and trained it all the way to level 100. I was a stupid child brainwashed by the anime and I expected the game mechanics to be way more complicated than they were. By focusing so much on my Rattata, by training it naturally instead of using the Rare Candy glitch and by not evolving it into Radicate, I thought the game would register a special bond between me and my Rattate and make it more powerful, kinda like how Ash's relationship with Pikachu works.

6. NovaBrunswick

So your Rattata was, as Joey would say, a "top-percentage" Rattata. ;)