• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid Things You Did: Serebii Forums Noob

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I made a bunch of stupid threads for the hell of it.

I took everything on the forum a little too seriously. The relationships with my friends and modding in particular. I developed a few idiosyncrasies: I used emoticons wayyyy too much, especially the "anime"-like ones such as 'XD' and '^_^'. Bleh. I also got into the habit of calling people 'sweetie' for whatever reason. I guess I was trying to be nice, but it just probably ended up being patronizing and/or just stupid sounding.

I also used to draw really ****ty images for people whenever they asked. I don't know which is worse: that I would just do it for whoever asked or that the drawings themselves were horrible. haha

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
I found myself being unable to post links for three days, after messaging Serebii he told me I got the 'Spambot' treatment because my post count was under 10. Gotta love spambots.

I was a little bit of a braggart, if I recall, which has thankfully stopped now. I also forgot to read the rules of the shiny hunting thread, and only realised what happened when someone messaged me about it. I'm still sorry for that.

Stupid thing as well- rather than joining the conversation of a visitor message, I'd accidentally send one to myself.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
I made a signature without consulting the rules. (It is pretty much the same as the current design)

It was removed for being too wide and being too big in general.

Lanik

I've said some embarrassing things on my first 2 months on serebii.

1. I posted a terrible team on the Older Gen RMT section. I didn't know how to EV train, my natures sucked and most of my move sets were bad. I wasn't even remotely as good of a player as I thought I was.

2. I posted a thread about Kishin (from Soul Eater) vs. Super Saiyan (from Dragonball Z). Super Saiyans won by default and I was flamed for asking that question.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Back when I joined (though I didn't get extremely active until a year later):
1) I never made an intro post in the newbie section.
2) I lacked text etiquette.
3) I mini-modded once or twice in the #spp/#spp-wifi IRC chats without realizing; was warned for it and never did it again since.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I used to make dreadful CRMT's in Gen V. I made one, and ALL of the Pokemon ended up being switched out, and in the end I had like 25 replies or something. Sucked at competitive teams then, and I still suck at competitive teams now.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
When I was new to this forum and forums in general I really didn't know how to disagree with anyone without being hateful, and I really cringe when I think about how badly I treated other users back then.

If whoever reads this happens to be one of those guys, I want to say I'm sorry.

Koridojo_Blaziken

Oh, geez, where do I start? Well for one, an alarming portion of my newbie posts (or even the ones I made a couple years in) were so gratingly hyperactive and otaku and sprinkled with smileys and sprites. And THEN there was the time I tried starting a "personal blog" thread--I actually got an official warning over that. *shudders* Good GOD, the foolishness... >_<;

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Most of the stupid things I did in a forum related to smileys and RPGs. Back before I joined these forums, I was mainly on some anime-based forum, and I used smileys a LOT. Although, on that forum it was pretty easy to do, as they had a lot of really elaborate/humorous smileys. I especially used them in the RPG forum, so when I joined these forums, which discourage the use of smilies in the RPG forum, I had to make serious efforts to cut back on them.

Speaking of the RPG forum, the previous forum I was on came out with an RPG section one day. I didn't know anything about play-by-post RPGs at the time; I looked at all the threads there and they seemed to be a bunch of people collaborating to write a story. So I posted in one of the story threads and had a character or two of my own interact with the others, and got a lot of weird reactions from the participants. They also had a separate forum for sparring; I once got in trouble for posting in a sparring thread and jumping into the fight without permission. Served me right for not reading the rules first...

On these forums, the only stupid thing I can recall doing was also in the RPG forum; I signed up for an RPG with specific roles to fill. Someone else had already taken the role I wanted, but I signed up for it anyway. The GM didn't get mad at me, but he did have us each do writing samples as a sort of contest to see who would get the spot. I wrote mine first, and the other person competing for the spot then wrote something that was clearly much better than what I wrote. I felt like such a jerk afterwards...

Oh, and I also remember posting a thread in the Miscellaneous forum (this was on the old forum, not here) that basically had me complaining about how nobody liked me and how stupid I was, accompanied by lots of crying smilies. Needless to say, the thread got closed pretty quickly.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I was too nice when I started this forum. (Im like that irl) I shouldn't be too nice to people on here because I don't know them, and I probably won't see anyone on here irl. Anyways, I really regret it because there are certain users to took/take advantage of me :$

Hilda

I tried to show some mods their wrong ways. Of course, that never goes the way you expected it to be, and you get an infraction on your bottom.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Oh Lordy do I have a list for you!
• Bad grammar
• Getting into arguments with trolls
• Making pointless threads about TV shows no one but me watched (and literally being the only one posting in it)
• A good chunk of my post were one liners that contributed nothing to the topic at hand
• Replying to spam
• Being a attention wh***
• Sending friend requests to anyone without actually getting to know the person
• Posting in the competitive forums back in (5th gen 2011) with no knowledge of the metagame, using awful in-game sets and what not
• Getting into the debate forums with no clue what the hell I'm talking about
• I trolled a little bit (got into big trouble hehe)
• Bothering members through VM's when I know they want nothing to do with me.

And I think that's about it.

Sephora

yes I'm back

Chrosion

#1 waifu
I used to go "Thanks for sharing your opinion!" every couple posts when I started a poll. Idk, just seems over-polite and... weird.

zhixun

I started off a thread without actually looking the rules first in General Pokémon Discussion. I wanted to start that topic quickly or otherwise I forgot what to say.

andzedan000

Causing Shenanigans
I joined 2 guilds at the same time... oops