• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid Things You Did: Serebii Forums Noob

NotABeginningTrainer

I don't think I ever did anything really stupid. The one thread of mine that got deleted was about move animations in 6th gen. The mod deleted it and pointed to the X and Y graphics thread. I was kind of upset because I thought they were sufficiently different. -.-

Estellise

peachy
Lordy, Lordy, lets see....

- Terrible TERRIBLE grammar
- I used to get angry at people really easily
- Spamming the word n00b over and over again, as is that isn't "n00bish" in itself
- I used to send people pictures when the conversation started to die down, in hopes that it would make the conversation... I don't know, last longer
- I used to insult people for the Pokemon/characters they liked
- I used to just be a huge jerk in general, really

I'm sorry to those that knew me when I first joined, haha

Canada

Banned
I used to constantly reply to spambots and pretend to hit on them.

Don't ask.

Most of my mistakes as a noob happened in the Fan Fics section. Not only did i comment on several fics with very little feedback, but the biggest one was my own attemps at fics. I really did make a mess regarding the rules. No fic I posted was within the rules and were closed down within minutes. But the biggest problem was that they were all horrendous.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Oh Gawd my grammar was really horrendous back when I joined in 2009. Scrolling down old posts and VM's make me wonder if I was really annoying the other people reading my post. I really took for granted the fact that English is my second language and not my first, that was a mistake that I regret. I also used to constantly spam so much in the old Pealrshipping thread and would generally spam in some other threads in the anime section. Another mistake was trolling a member just because I found him/her annoying, some of the jokes definitely crossed the line.

AcidArmor

Back in 06, wrote some crappy fanfics and tried to pass off another user's sig banner as my own. Oh and I used to leave Espeon icons at the end of every post.

Those were the good days... :)

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I would try for days on end to start a Trade Shop for X and Y, and it never worked. I spent at least 4 days until I saw the thing on the bottom of the site saying "you can't post new threads"...boy did I feel like a dumb noob.

Post Moderation

Invisible Presence
I forgot something really stupid I did as a noob: I posted a rather suggestive picture in the picture thread (probably because I was bored) and got a positive rep, an infraction, and a ban for it.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It took me two bans to get the signature-rules into my thick skull.