• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you did when you first got your copy of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
You know in viridian city where that guy has a machop stomping out the ground to build a house?
I ran around on that aquare for like 5 days because my brother said if i did it enough a house would pop up and the guy inside would give me pikablu ,good times

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
You know in viridian city where that guy has a machop stomping out the ground to build a house?
I ran around on that aquare for like 5 days because my brother said if i did it enough a house would pop up and the guy inside would give me pikablu ,good times

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
I read the one about the dude who didn't evolve his charmander. LOL! You must realy hate the church now.
I thought that if i trained pikachu to level 100 i would be able to beat everyone.
I use masterball on moltres....thought it would run.
I got trapped in seafoam islands....and had to flea from articuno.
Never did beat the elite four.
But since all of that i've restarted about i don't know how many times.

Ezey

______ is your fault
1: Thought for some reason that if I healed squirtle enough at the pokecenter that it would evolve. So I repeatedly healed him over and over and over... and wasted about two hours of my life...

2: Didn't want to speak to the grumpy old man who wanted his coffee again... so I didn't and got stuck in viridian city for four days.

3: Didn't listen to what the lady at the viridian city pokemart said about oak's package and became enraged at her once I realized that she would not sell me pokeballs.

4: Once I had obtained said pokeballs I could not for the life of me figure out how to throw them, and reluctance to speak to old coffee man kept me from learning.

5: Thought that elemental stones evolved ANY pokemon of that type and spent an hour of my life trying to evolve a magicarp that I had foolishly bought for 500 dollars with a waterstone.

6: Thought that there was something wrong with my gameboy when one of my pokemon got poisoned and the game started doing that thing it does when you walk with a poisonee in your party.

7: (maybe this one should have gone first, but I forgot it) When I got the game (and gameboy) on christmas morning, I tried to put the game in, but put it in backwards. It didn't work, so I cried and ruined christmas morning for everybody.

...I was six...

Everyone

lol@number 7....

I think my biggist mistake was thinking that if i had a high enough pikachu, i wouldnt need anything else .So i would like go around with my singly high level pikachu, with nothing else, not bothering to catch any other pokemon. It was fun, but really useless in the end :\

AngryDunsparce

I have a couple, One is that I kept my Squirtle unevolved because I liked the way it looked. I got the poor thing all the way to level 60 before I evolved it. Another silly thing I did was, I released one of my pokemon in hopes that I would see it in the wild. haha

AngryDunsparce

wow there are some pretty silly mistakes in this thread. I can def. relate with the one about my gameboy being broken because of poisen. All of these mistakes are forgivable though because we were mostly young and that grumpy old coffee man scared all of us at one point.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Well the stupidest thing i ever did was in Red, one of my friends told me how to get Missigno to appear, and when i did it i tried to catch it with my Master Ball and ended up losing my Master Ball.

Let's see...

-I saw this episode where Jessie said something about using a Moon Stone on her Ekans to make it stronger, so I got one and tried for hours to use it on my Wartortle.
-I thought that learning moves was the same as evolving, so I accidentally didn't have my Flareon learn Ember and spent a bunch of Rare Candies, thinking I could try again.
-It took me FOR-EV-ER to get through Rock Tunnel and Seafoam Islands. There's this period of like a month where I didn't play at all because I was so frustrated. XD
-I thought every Pokemon you caught added to your Pokedex, so I caught 6 Paras and wondered why my count still said 44. D:
-I usually only raised my starter. So I would have a pretty good Blastoise but everything else would be level 20 or so.

I really didn't have major problems, actually. I didn't even own my own game; I just played my friend's because he couldn't read yet. XD

Glacius9

<- Ninja Turtle
I saw my brother's pidgeot and thought it was awesome, so I had a file with my blastoise at about level 40 and a pidgeot at about 70 for the elite four.

This same brother told me about MISSINGNO thing, and I caught it. Guess what? it didn't screw up my game at all (I wasn't even told about that possibility). I did have enough brain to infinitize my masterball and rare candies, though. Nowadays, I would never take a game-breaking risk like that, even for masterballs galore.

well I named myself: bjip and my rival: lbgyv and all my pokemon somthing like that i releced my starter and only cought a caterpie. yeah I got my gameboy coler when i waz 3.5

Darkrai-LordofNightmares

i tried to catch team rockets ekans but that failed

also when i was playing for the first time i was catching pokemon and i had 6. then when i caught a zubat boom it wasnt on my team i panicked and restarted my game. after reading the manual i found out about boxes. oops

6: Thought that there was something wrong with my gameboy when one of my pokemon got poisoned and the game started doing that thing it does when you walk with a poisonee in your party.
Haha, I thought that same thing. I thought that I broke my friend's Gameboy because it kept making doing that thing, but I noticed that it stopped whenever I healed my Pokemon.
So for a while, I was convinced that Pokemon Centers could fix Gameboys.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
-I thought you had to defeat the pokemon THEN use the Pokeball(DAMN YOU ANIME!).
-Thought my Squirtle wouldn't ever evolve when I accidentely pressed B.
-Trained only my starter(Then again, up until DP, I did that any way in my GB/GBA games)
-Wondered why my Squirtle never learned water gun when it got to Lv.15(I had taught it Water Gun with the TM)
-Thought my Squirtle wouldn't evolve when it leveled up to Lv.17 in a battle.

JMS719

Every time I saw the ghosts in pokemon tower in Lavender Town I used to reset my game and start over. When I was a kid I was deathly afraid of those things. That was a usual routine for me.

Ezey

______ is your fault
oh, just remembered something. I would always forget to save, and be angry when all my progress was lost. Also, people would ask me what I was playing and I would rip the cartrage out of the slot and get mad once I realized what I had done.

When I got my first Pokemon game, which must've been almost a decade ago by now, I didn't know how to save the game data. I was very unfamiliar with the concept of a computer game at the time. I used to have to restart the game everytime I played, and the furthest I ever got was to Viridian Forest.

I also only ever used my starter when I first started playing the games. I did catch other Pokemon, but I never used them, or bothered trying to train them.

Status
Not open for further replies.