• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

List them here!

• When the old games said "(Pokémon)'s (Stat) Rose!" I used to think it was on about the flower.
  • When I first saw Jublife City's name, I thought it said "Junglelife"

Ice_Scyther

FFFFFFFFF-
I thought PBR would be worth buying. (Ba-dum bum chuh!)

When I first got Blue (a few days after it came out, no less), I was only like three, so I didn't know how to exit buildings.

I still somehow beat the game once I got out. Silph Co. is a ***** when you're little though.

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
I had the whole Pokedex almost finished, excepting Shedinja, and I now have a Lv. 100 Nincada because I didn't know how to evolve it.
I was so angry when my Marill wouldn't breed me an Azurill.

Ice_Scyther

FFFFFFFFF-
I used my Master Ball on Lance's Dragonite.

Hey, he did say it would catch any Pokemon.

Fire Suicune

I thought that you couldn't stop evolution, so on Red or Blue (I forget...), I yelled at the screen about how they couldn't have a level 22 Ratatta.

Oh, and threw the Master Ball at a Graveler.

-F.S. out

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
When I first played Emerald, I didn't use the masterball on any pokemon because I thought it was too valuable to use.

Then I discovered cloning and the rest is history.

Scytherwolf

When we were little me and my sister couldn't figure out why my eevee on Gold version wouldn't evolve into Umbreon by using a moon stone.

Cutty

Forever now
I didnt know lvl 22 Geodude could selfdestruct itself.

Magmar Master

a long time ago I thought farfetche'd evolved into doduo

I thought that aswell

on yellow my kadabra and machoke were my strongest pokemon because I kept on leveling them becuase I didn't know about evolving through trade (made worse by the fact machamp used to be my favoutate since becuase I was on yellow I never saw any magmar)

I used to think Hearthome City was Heart Home ^^
Also, my cousin told be that tapping the a button would stop a confused pokemon hurting itself. I think thats quite a common one though.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
I thought Pinsir evolved into Heracross for a while after G/S/C came out. It took A LOT to persuade me it didn't.

Dattebayo

Banned
When I thought Pikachu was called "Pihachew" when I first played Super Smash Bros., and I thought Gengar looks like the cat bus from My Neighbor, Totoro.

Joshehh

I believed a tonne of fake cheats, like the 'Hold B and you'll be damaged less' and 'Up+A makes a pokéball act like a Master Ball.' Sadly, I still have a habit of doing them now, old habits die hard I guess.

mewmew202

oh wow I think the stupidest would be when I thought that Unknown was a legendary. I also used my master ball on Magikarp but it was on purpose as a joke and I turned the game off. Also thinking Missingno was a special mystery pokemon nobody had ever seen. (found it before I used the computer much.)

Highor

I thought SlowKing was an evolution of SlowBro like: Slowpoke < SlowBro < SlowKing

Highor

I thought SlowKing was an evolution of SlowBro like: Slowpoke < SlowBro < SlowKing