• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

Ch0c0late Av3ng3r

When G/S/C first came out and I got to the Unown Ruins, I thought it was an essential part of the storyline - the hours I wasted there....

Edit: Rank Up >.<

Last edited:

aerisLana

i cannot believe
When G/S/C first came out and I got to the Unown Ruins, I thought it was an essential part of the storyline - the hours I wasted there....

Hmm... close enough to what also happened to me. I also had a Gold version, but it was fake. So since I didn't understand anything at all, I thought I need to explore the Unown Ruins before I could go down to the cave to Azalea Town. Man, I didn't know that all I have to do is to get the Egg in the PC. Darnit. "-_-

And in Yellow version too, since I was clueless about the Masterball's function, I used it on a non-legendary Pokemon (forgot what Pokemon it was). For that, I had a hard time catching Mewtwo. ><

cfc-4-eva

i believed in pikablu :))
Thought Pinser evolved into Heracross
Believed in the fighting, psychic and dark type starters :p
There's probably a lot more i just can't remember them

cfc-4-eva

i believed in pikablu :))
Thought Pinser evolved into Heracross
Believed in the fighting, psychic and dark type starters :p
There's probably a lot more i just can't remember them

~*Opal Totodile*~

Aura*~Lovies
I had the TCG first, so I thought that normal types were resistant to psychic, and electric was weak to fighting =S

Somehow, I got the impression that Abras were super-rare and powerful. Probably because I could never catch one..they kept teleporting xD

Haritsuki

I thought Mewtwo was an evolution of Mew, and that you could get Celebi in Crystal after doing tons of things in Unown Ruins.

Haritsuki

I thought Mew was an evolution of Mewtwo, and that you could get Celebi in Crystal after doing tons of things in Unown Ruins.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I thought Mew evolved into Mewtwo and that Ash was the Electric gym Leader becuase he had Pikachu.

SamiBubble

Crayons! Crayons!
A long time ago, I read something on the Internet about how to get a Mew. It had something to do with catching a Magikarp with a certain rod and nicknaming it Mew, then doing some other stuff. I believed it, even after failing 42 times. I also believed that holding down the B button while trying to catch something would keep it from escaping, and I just finally broke that habit, even though I've known it was a lie for a while.

Crystic

Pokémon Master
A long time ago, I read something on the Internet about how to get a Mew. It had something to do with catching a Magikarp with a certain rod and nicknaming it Mew, then doing some other stuff. I believed it, even after failing 42 times. I also believed that holding down the B button while trying to catch something would keep it from escaping, and I just finally broke that habit, even though I've known it was a lie for a while.

That's what happened to me. I'd just press A+B to keep the Pokemon in the PokeBall. I thought it worked because when I went to catch Zapdos, I caught it with full health. Now I'm condemned to pressing A+B every time I throw a PokeBall. I also thought you could get Mew by surfing the water where the S.S. Anne was in Blue. It was a dirty trick played by some Internet chump...

Last edited:

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I thought Farfetch'd would evolve into Doduo, so I trained one for hours, trying to get it to evolve. Also, I used to think Unown was a legendary Pokemon, and I was so thrilled when I found one that I used my Master Ball on it...

ciminnon

Wants PokeRanch now.
In my first game (Red?) I was afraid to put pokemon in the PC because it was "someone's" and not mine. I thought that someone might take my pokemon o____________o''

Banananana

took me forever to figure out that the carpet was the way out of my house. when my sister got blue, and i had my red version, i thought that in order to trade to her i would have to make my rival's name her name, and she made her rival's name my name. i fell for the "surf by ss anne" thing. every time i play red i still hold the a button when i throw a pokeball. i thought lapras was a legendary pokemon. i thought tackle attack was actually tickle attack. and i thought bill was a real pokemon turned into a man because i didn't really pay attention to the words.

i forgive myself for all this because i was only 8 when it first came out

Missingno.Fan

I didn't know where to get Flash so when I went through Rock Tunnel on Blue I was like "Why is it so hard?"
I use to think that Flygon had red fly eyes and that Mawile's horn thing was its face.

Dokichan

I bred a bunch of Marril thinking that I'd eventually get an Azurill.
I thought my Ruby game was broken because the screen would sometimes flash, when in reality it was just that one of my Pokemon was poisoned.

Killerdynamo

Seeker of Knowledge
I thougth that when Geodude used Self-Destruct, it blew up and died.
I cried for so long after that.

I also fell for the surf next to the S.S. Anne and find a sunken truck with Mew in it.

kasmeargy

you could get Celebi in Crystal after doing tons of things in Unown Ruins.

Oh yeah, I did this. I once heard you could get Celebi by doing all of the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph, and catching all 26 Unown. I wasted almost 30 hours of my life in those ruins.

zaxly100

Glalie Luva
I thought SlowKing was an evolution of SlowBro like: Slowpoke < SlowBro < SlowKing

I thought that too! I also thought shinies were dittos.

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
When I first played Blue, I thought that when a move like String Shot was used, the status change was permanent! So I kept restarting because my Squirtle was getting "ruined." Plus, I caught a bunch of Metapod/Kakuna because they'd used Harden a lot and had really high defense.

I think that was the worst I've ever done. I used to hate TMs and only used attacks naturally learned. I also had a stage where I only used attacks of the Pokemon's type, so my teams used to have very limited movepools. As soon as I discovered the internet, though, I went nuts and set out to understand everything I could about each game as it came out.