• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
Saw a shiny Drowzee on Crystal, ran away, and turned off the game because I thought something bad was happening to it. I kinda regret running from what could've been my first shiny, aside from the red Gyarados. X/

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
I didn't know where to get Flash so when I went through Rock Tunnel on Blue I was like "Why is it so hard?"
I use to think that Flygon had red fly eyes and that Mawile's horn thing was its face.

I also didn't know about Flash, so I went through Rock Tunnel without it. It was long and hard, but I eventually made it. At least in later games, they made it possible to do that, or at least easier.

Tyrone

Phantom Angel
A very long time ago, I used to think that Mew evolved into Mewtwo then Mewtwo evolved into Lugia.

Knatnuks~Skuntank

<-Smells good
When I got yellow which was my first game I only used my pikachu for the whole game and didnt know how to beat brock because I couldn't hurt him and then I finally gt to 20 and learned slam and beat him.
And on that same yellow game by the end of it my only pokemon over level 30 was my level 87 pikachu

Knatnuks~Skuntank

<-Smells good
When I got yellow which was my first game I only used my pikachu for the whole game and didnt know how to beat brock because I couldn't hurt him and then I finally gt to 20 and learned slam and beat him.
And on that same yellow game by the end of it my only pokemon over level 30 was my level 87 pikachu

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
It took me about a year and a half of playing Sapphire to realize where Heracross and Phanpy were in the Safari Zone. I didn't know what those white lines were!

Starry Mew

The Sky Is The Limit
This thread looks familiar.

I thought SlowKing was an evolution of SlowBro like: Slowpoke < SlowBro < SlowKing

Me too.

I didn't know you can catch the Regis and Rayquaza in Sapphire. (>.<)

EDIT: ^ Heracross and Phanpy are in Sapphire? Why didn't anyone tell me that?

Last edited:

Cyndaquil32

fiery little mouse
i used to think that you had to faint the 3 birds in red/blue/yellow and you will see them again in the cerulean cave, at a much higher level. I was shocked when i found mewtwo

Last edited:
I thought Unown wouldn't suck.

But whether it was me who was stupid for believeing it would learn more than one move, or Gamefreak for only giving it one move is debateable.

Cuthrout

stupid thing when i first got yellow was to give my mew flash hm... oh do i regret it now. its a shame but it still has flash now

supremo

after completeing crystal and almost filling up the pokedex with only six pkmn left, i didnt realise that remoraid evolved in to octillirey (one of the remaining pkmn on pokedex)

-I thought Violet City in Gold/Silver versions was Violent City.
-I didn't even realize what stab was until about a year and half ago, and I've been playing pokemon since the late 90s.
-I thought that my female Sudowoodo and my friend's male Sudowoodo would have eggs if we battled them and they used Attract on each other.
-And I still do this today sometimes... When I'm in the pokecenter and I've heled my pokemon, I shut off the game because I thought it saved... then I lose all my data... Gaaaaah!

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
1. Arceus was going to be an evo of Absol.
2. Drapion was going to be an evolution of Gligar.
3. Shaymin was the the patch you planted berries in.

EonTrainer

PEW PEW
I thought SlowKing was an evolution of SlowBro like: Slowpoke < SlowBro < SlowKing

I had thought that too. It is a bit confusing if you think about it. I also used to think Magikarp was a good Pokemon because its name had "Magik" in it and I had no idea it evolved into Gyrados. I also used to think Volbeat evolved into Illumise. Sad, isn't it?

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I thought that fire was weak to flying for the longest time, because I played emerald as my first game back and had torchic as my starter. I didn't find out until about 6 months later when I bought Diamond, and my flying moves weren't super effective against fire; I was still in disbelief until I checked the attack table.

In blue, I killed Articuno and Moltres, but didn't reset the game, because, at the time, I hadn't thought of that.

There are lots of times when I start new games and get poisoned for the first time, I freak out when I the screen starts flashing, then remember what going on.

I used to collect the cards back in 1st gen. I wasn't very knowledgable though; one time I traded a Lapras (rare, holo) for a 1st edition Primeape (uncommon) because I thought the first edition was a big deal.

This last one, I didn't do, but this kid I know did. We were talking a bit about pokemon, and he said he traded his Dialga for Palkia. I thought that was kind of silly, since I think Dialga is better, but there's more. He then said he traded his Palkia for a Munchlax, because he didn't think they were available in the game. Ahhhh!!!!!! I feel so bad for him.

jorisw

I thought that slowbro evolved in slowking, pichu was a normal type and azurill was a water type.

Cavan_II

"Dark Lightning"
-I thought that turning a Voltorb upside-down makes it evolve.
-I put Shuckle and Scyther in the Daycare Center in Crystal, and when I found out that they made an Egg, I thought that the egg would contain a hybrid of Shuckle and Scyther.
-I thought that the Sudowoodo was an actual cut-able tree. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't cut it.
-I thought that status moves weren't useful and never had them on any movesets.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
-I thought that status moves weren't useful and never had them on any movesets.

lol same thing with me until i got into competitive battle dam comp battling is addictive
i always used proten on all my pokemon cause i thought attack meant all attacking attacks
i ev trained my shuckle in attack thinking it would be a better shuckle
with the same shuckle whne i saw its stats i thought something was horribly wrong with it