• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

Suwaterse

Banned
I through a master ball at a magikarp because i thot it would make it gold

Through like 70 ultra balls at a persons hypno

I thot graveler evolved into machamp (they both have 4 arms!)

lalala_machine

I thought the old man jonesing for his coffee in Viridian City was a fish.

A talking, coffee drinking, giant land fish. In my defense, I was eight, and his sprite looked a lot more like a fish than a person.

Tomato Jr.

I used to think that ;479; was a new version of ;351; when there is a thunderstorm.

i see the likeness, its uncanny.

anyway, my friend got GSC before me and i refused to believe that unown was a real pokemon. it just seemed so stupid.

RICH

i used to think you had to make a pokemon faint to catch it. i had a lv 45 charizard in blue version before i figured it out

crobat07

online battler
i thought that when a pokemon took your item with a move, it kept it, so i had to turn my game off everytime that happened. i was told that if you look into the sea for ages a legendary battles you. i used my masterball on gyarados and i
could never catch mewtwo on red, i found it about last month and when i switched it on i was still next to mewtwo- after like 8 years! lol

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
In my first pokemon game sapphire,I got when I was 7.

I didn't know how to get out of my house. I didn't know you could get pokemon from your pc. I didn't know you could switch pokemon in the party. I didn't know how to get the master ball. I didn't know you could save before an important battle or before you capture a legendary pokemon. I trained my Machoke all the way too level 100 because I wanted to evolve it. I thought that when you stare new game you get all your previous pokemon after you beat the game,so I started a new game and in my previous file I had Blaziken LV.100,Sceptile,Swampert,MachampLV.100,Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza.

I forgot how to get flash in the Whirl Island caves after I already knew how to in my previous Gold file.
I thought Gyarados was a dragon/water type.
And I also thought that Slowking evolves from Slowbro

Now that I'm basically an expert on pokemon,I think back to when I was horrible at it and when I see adults that know nothing about it when they get a game I laugh because adults are supposed to be smarter than kids, and they know how to research on it better and to look things up.I know I can do it know but I don't think 3-6 can do these very well.
Man was I stupid back in the day,which was 5-6 years ago.

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
In my first pokemon game sapphire,I got when I was 7.

I didn't know how to get out of my house. I didn't know you could get pokemon from your pc. I didn't know you could switch pokemon in the party. I didn't know how to get the master ball. I didn't know you could save before an important battle or before you capture a legendary pokemon. I trained my Machoke all the way too level 100 because I wanted to evolve it. I thought that when you stare new game you get all your previous pokemon after you beat the game,so I started a new game and in my previous file I had Blaziken LV.100,Sceptile,Swampert,MachampLV.100,Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza.

I forgot how to get flash in the Whirl Island caves after I already knew how to in my previous Gold file.
I thought Gyarados was a dragon/water type.
And I also thought that Slowking evolves from Slowbro

Now that I'm basically an expert on pokemon,I think back to when I was horrible at it and when I see adults that know nothing about it when they get a game I laugh because adults are supposed to be smarter than kids, and they know how to research on it better and to look things up.I know I can do it know but I don't think 3-6 can do these very well.
Man was I stupid back in the day,which was 5-6 years ago.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
when I first played crystal (my first game) It took three hours to get out of my house.

I thought you could only capture legendary pokemon with masterballs

I used to think pikachu was the best pokemon (before I battled mewtwo)

Selia

Skippity skip skip!
When I had no Diamond/Pearl version, I thought Froslass' name was "Frosty".I thought Ralts and evolutions were ghost types.And my cousin still thinks up to now that Wynaut is pernouced as "Way-Nat" but its pernounced as "Why not".

Skeletim

< He is the bestest!
I spent hours (literally) looking for some coffee to get the old man blocking the path in Red/Blue out of the way! It took a while of extensive searching before I thought i'd go buy some stuff from the mart and got Oak's parcel...

MekeHeke

Ages Ago: When my brother first started the game with me, I only remember battling a Charmander. When I understood the game more, I was convinced it was wild and regretted not catching it.

Couple of Years ago: I could not understand why my Lombre would not evolve with the leaf stone I kept using on it.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
i remember borrowing blue version of a girl down my street a while before i got it, and i got her to the dark cave, but i didnt have flash, so when i gave it her back she had a go at me for breaking her game.

i used to think spiritomb was called spiritbomb.

And I always used to belive that if you taught a lvl.100 Nidoking strenght it could move the truck thats a short surf to the side of the ss anne on blue version, and a mew would be underneath it. i actualy tried it, i lost a battle after geting the cut HM so id leave the ship without it setting sail, i trained a lvl.100 nidoking, taught it strength, went back to this truck thing, and....nothing!

heres a video of someone proving its not there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXA4Cz52_J8

bayleef_fan

Legendary Trainer
I watched the episode where ash uses pidgeotto against misty and thought that meant flying types were strong against water types. Also believed my brother when he said his geodude died after being bitten by an ekans.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i always thought pheobe's grand mother was agatha till i heard it was the old lady who gaurds the red/blue orb

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
I thought Mewtwo was a Digimon.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I thought Starmie evolved into Staryu

I did as well as Lapras evolved into Dragonite