• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
That's what happened to me. I'd just press A+B to keep the Pokemon in the PokeBall. I thought it worked because when I went to catch Zapdos, I caught it with full health. Now I'm condemned to pressing A+B every time I throw a PokeBall. I also thought you could get Mew by surfing the water where the S.S. Anne was in Blue. It was a dirty trick played by some Internet chump...

Me too! I thought I could find Mew in the S.S. Anne's waters..... I dont know if this is true but they say in RGBY if your game time reached 100 hrs. S.S. Anne would return.

ShayminLikesToastXD

did i transform?
i used to judge pokemon on their cuteness and not their strength and disadvantages......

I thought that Lapras had much more Special Attack than it really did. I also stocked my initial set with pretty much only special attackers because I went by the formulaic Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, rather than choosing types that really complemented each other.

Ancient Historians have recently found out that Krug once thought the Pokemon anime is a good show. Also, he once thought "h0Ld A t0 cATch tEH P0gEYmANZ"

KetchupO

tωisted
I thought status raising moves were crap.
Same xD
I only taught my Pokemon attacking moves. :p

Ages ago, I also thought that Psyduck and Scyther had the same name o_O
I don't know...they Just sounded very similair to me :S

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Not necessarily exactly related to pokémon, but I spent several hours trying to convice my parents to name our new Bichon Frise "Pikachu" when we first got her. I didn't win the debate, thank god.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I thought Geodude evovled into Onix.
I though Mew evolved into Mewtwo.
I thought after you beat Brock and Misty, they'd travel around with you ( in the games )
Taugh all of my Pokémon attack moves.
I kept Butterfree on my team. >.>
I was young. 5-ish, maybe.

Ahhh, the good 'ole days...

Last edited: