• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid things you thought about Pokémon.

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
I thought that Mew was in the grass outside of route 1. :p

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i thought that if you use flashin pokemon stadium before the eleite 4 you can go to jhoto
also if you used flash in a battle your pokemon would be in the hall of fame
andi thought that hitmonlee evolved into hitmonchan

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
I also, thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking!

Spindash Master

I thought that lucario was legendary. I did not know that trapitch evolved so I did not how to get a flygon. I thought pressing down on the control pad and B at the same time would increase the chances of caching a pokemon because of that habit every time I try to catch a pokemon I feel the need to press down B.

I thought when you "saved the game" you saved it from Team Rocket or something. I was 7, what could I do.

KMANN2

I used to think status changing moves were completely useless, and it took me weeks to figure out what spc. attack and spc. defense were. I still managed to reach the elite four.

Oh, and when I first saw a ghost flying around in the Old Chateau, I thought my game was glitched. Silly me.

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
I thought that when a stat fell, it protected you from an attack.

Although I had been playing Pokemon games for years, when I saw a ghost getting up from a table and floating off in Old Chateau, I freaked out. I still freak out when I'm in there...

Thought Venustoise was real too.

jaxonferz

i thought that golduck evolved from silverduck

when i colected the cards, i thought that ground type, fighting type, and rock type were all the same type cuz they had the same symbol. when i got leafgreen i could figure out why my machop didnt learn rock tomb

Last edited:

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i thought bronzor was going to be the next beldums attack wise and rareness wise

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
I used to think status changing moves were completely useless, and it took me weeks to figure out what spc. attack and spc. defense were. I still managed to reach the elite four.

Same as this guy.

My friend's dad called Pikachu, Peanutchew.
In the TCG, I couldn't understand why I couldn't put Kabuto and Omanyte as basic pokemon.
When G/S/C came out, I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking.

There's mine.

EonTrainer

PEW PEW
On Yellow I thought if I beat the E4 my Pokemon would die because they were too old and so I walked around with a level 87 Pikachu. The game was also given to me by a friend and I didn't know he had put a Pidgey in the daycare at the beginning and when I found out I had a level 78 Pidgey and I owed a ridicuosly large amount of money. But it made a great Pidgeot.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
When I was 4, I saw some kids pretending they were Pikachu. Since I never saw a Pikachu, for some reason I thought they were all diffrent colors. I finaly figured it out when I saw 'Pokemon Emergancy'.