• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid YouTube Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Youtube has its trolls... but as for comments that are genuinely stupid, I would say it's comments that clearly show the poster didn't watch the entire video, read the description, etc. Those always make me facepalm, as the information was right there in front of them but they were too stupid to see it.

This happened a lot to me when I posted a series of videos showcasing the different animations of Pokemon attacks across the generations. I arranged the attacks in videos according to either type or effect, and at the end of each video, I included some comments about a certain attack being in a different video - i.e. in the Grass attacks video: "Solarbeam is in the Multi-Turn Moves video". I even included an index listing which video each attack could be found in. Yet despite this, I got a LOT of comments saying "You forgot (name of attack)!" or "Where is (name of attack)?" Sometimes when I specifically said in the video that that attack was in some other video. Sometimes I was generous and replied to them saying which video the attack was in, and also reminding them to check the index next time, but other times I got so tired of it that I didn't bother.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Anyone that post something among the lines of "but you forgot ____ or but this happened already ect.

The people who bring up future events, or things in old videos wondering why the uploader didn't mention them, when the video was uploaded 3-4yrs before whatever the hell you're talking happened.

There's a description people, read it!

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Epic Rap Battles of History suggestions are just getting annoying. This is a rough generalization of what they look like:

50% random young adult novel/movie characters, TV characters, or anime characters. Heck, you can throw in comic book characters in there, too. Seriously. I can't look at the comments without seeing someone including, say, Tris from Divergent or Eren from Attack on Titan as one of the battlers. And then, they'll inevitably be paired up with another character that no one will give a damn about 20 years from now. (What's even worse is when the two suggestions for the battlers are from the same show/anime/movie.) These people need to learn that it's Epic Rap Battles of HISTORY, not Epic Rap Battles of Anime Fanservice. Go take those to Animeme Rap Battles.
15% random video game characters. And they're not even from really famous games that everyone knows. I doubt that in 20 years, many people could look back and remember Dovakhiin or Commander Shepard (but who knows, maybe they will!)
10% YouTubers. I'm SO sick of seeing PewDiePie vs. Smosh being spammed regularly on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.
5% inanimate objects. There's a surprising number of XBOX 360 vs. PS3 or American Football vs. Football/Soccer suggestions.
5% God vs. Satan or something similar.
5% The Beatles vs. One Direction, or basically [old pop/rock music act] vs. [new pop/rock music act].
5% Matchups that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I just saw George Washington vs. Selena Gomez, for crying out loud.
5% figures who have actually made an impact on history and/or pop culture.

That bolded 5% is what I want to see from these suggestions. Bonus points for using a "history class" historical figure and a modern pop culture icon (they've done this many times).

Hyper2faceman

It could be a video of a mediocre SNES platformer game and when I scroll down the comments and...
"Better than COD lolololol"
I get it people, you don't like the series. Move on.

Those pointless arguments by wannabe intellectuals that go on for 9999999999999999999999999999999 replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Any YouTube comment on the Pokemon anime that tries to apply game logic, not even the regular mechanics but all those convoluted stats and what not, to the anime.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Anyone who just simply comments on something that really does not matter or have to do with the video itself. Like this one cooking one I watch sometimes, someone simply said "Your annoying, or your voice is annoying"

While she is talking, why the hell does that matter? It's a cooking show, not a music video or something where your voice is the main part of it, if you are so concerned about the way someone talks while teaching how to cook, then go elsewhere and stop posting stupid stuff,.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Any video about the WWE that goes, "it's fake." Like no **** buddy. Everybody over the age of 8 knows it's scripted.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
The problem (for me anyways) with ignoring YouTube comments is that some of it might actually be valid discussion and critical feedback that YouTubers would actually want to pay attention to. Of course, this makes some assumptions, but we must also realize this is the internet: A cess pool that proves what anonymity does to people (giving them unhinged freedom to be as depraved and nonsensical as they desire without fear of real consequences).

This.

Which brings me to my point. I find it annoying when someone takes a really articulate comment and replies with "This." I guess some people aren't willing to form opinions in their own words, myself included sometimes (read: 2011). But people could at least try to add on something, anything!

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
This.

Which brings me to my point. I find it annoying when someone takes a really articulate comment and replies with "This." I guess some people aren't willing to form opinions in their own words, myself included sometimes (read: 2011). But people could at least try to add on something, anything!

This. Yeah, I've seen this myself, or variants thereof like "I agree" or "Yeah me too". It's pointless, especially since you can just as easily +1 the original comment.

"First!"
"Second!"
"One millionth!" (<when the person was only the third or fourth person to "comment")

^These kinds of comments are annoying.

Sable-Xeno

Almighty Idiot
Not entirely sure if this would count as a "stupid" comment, but...

I remember there was this one video of someone using Emeralds RNG to get a Shiny Treeko...and someone commented with a lot of cussing, basically saying the uploader was a...something something, for playing the old games, and not playing the newer Diamond/Pearl games....which is even sillier, when you take into account the date of the video upload...

(I could probably list a million stupid comments I've seen on Miiverse, as well, but that's a topic for another post...)

CanadianGuyEh

I'm Xrift87 by the way:
292pa52.png

Attachments

• moron4.jpg
    moron4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10
The first announcement video i saw of ORAS had someone asking where's my Gen 4 remakes /-_-

Unoin

Not really about comments, but I hate people who don't speak English, but put their video titles in English, just to get more views. But on topic, any fanboy comments are usually far from the truth and laughable

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"First!"
"Second!"
"One millionth!" (<when the person was only the third or fourth person to "comment")

^These kinds of comments are annoying.
And in response "Blue Shell!" and currently followed by "Super Horn!"

I might not be a fan of his but wow, Pewdiepie disables the comments on all of his videos. I really don't care what he does but the video is moving and just proves how stoopid a massive sum of comments are.

Status
Not open for further replies.