• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sturdy and Scientifical-HG team

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
This is something planned for when I finish the game for the first time. I know there's 7 Pokemon here, but this is usual for me, using 7. I don't care about Natures, and I don't do real EV training, although I do try to improve a stat if I deem it's too low. I need help on moves and items, to make my team as durable as it could be, so, favor defensive suggestions, please. Also, don't suggest breed-only moves, and if you suggest moves that can be obtained after the E4 is defeated, please suggest a substitute to use until then.

Parasect with Silver Powder
Ability:Dry Skin or Effect Spore(suggestion needed)
Spore
Stun Spore
X-Scissor
Seed Bomb( I need a STAB to use until I can get access to this)
Ninetales with Charcoal
Ability:Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Solar Beam(I don't want to breed for Energy Ball)
Sunny Day/Pain Split(can't decide)
Slowking with Leftovers
Ability:Own Tempo(though Oblivious isn't bad either)
Surf
Psychic
Yawn
Curse(will become Iron Defense when possible)
Nidoqueen with Poison Barb
Ability:poison Point
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Toxic Spikes
?
Dewgong with Mystic Water
Ability:Hydration
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Rest
Toxic
Skarmory with Shell Bell
Ability:Keen Eye
Fly(don't change this)
Steel Wing
Spikes
Roost?(it can put me in problems when losing the Flying type, any other options?)
Machamp with Muscle Band
Ability:No Guard
Dynamic Punch
Payback
Bulk Up
Rock Slide(what to do before I get it?)

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
This is something planned for when I finish the game for the first time. I know there's 7 Pokemon here, but this is usual for me, using 7. I don't care about Natures, and I don't do real EV training, although I do try to improve a stat if I deem it's too low. I need help on moves and items, to make my team as durable as it could be, so, favor defensive suggestions, please. Also, don't suggest breed-only moves, and if you suggest moves that can be obtained after the E4 is defeated, please suggest a substitute to use until then.

Parasect with Silver Powder
Ability:Effect Spore
Spore
toxic
X-Scissor
Seed Bomb(cross poison)
toxic is better for annoying

Ninetales with Charcoal
Ability:Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
HP grass/confuse ray
Pain Split

sunnyday hurts slowking's STAB, if you're lucky, use HP grass. if not, use confuse ray

Slowking with Leftovers
Ability:Own Tempo
Surf
Psychic
Yawn/icebeam
calm mind
icebeam has great coverage and use calm mind instead to boost your special stats instead of the ones you don't use

Nidoqueen @ muscle band
Ability:poison Point
Poison Jab
Earthquake
thunderpunch/icepunch
brick break/superpower
better coverage, and entry hazards isnt necessary in-game

Dewgong leftovers
Ability:Hydration
surf
Ice Beam
Rest
sleep talk/calm mind
standard tank dewgong

Skarmory with Shell Bell
Ability:Keen Eye
Fly
Steel Wing
Spikes
Roost
I dont know how to use skarmory in-game without getting rid of fly... I'd personally change this to a smeargle hm slave

Machamp choice scarf
Ability:No Guard
Dynamic Punch
icepunch
thunderpunch
stone edge
take advantage of stone edge & dynamic punch, they cant miss :p
comments in green

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@ Peacemaker- Dewgong can't learn Calm Mind.

@ OP- Since moves like (Toxic)Spikes are pretty
useless in-game, try Agility or Swords Dance on
Skarm, and maybe Avalance and Thunderbolt for
Nidoqueen.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I would need to get multiple copies of Toxic to use it on several Pokemon. I didn't even find one yet, I'm in Cerulean. I'd have to beg people to give me one or two, when I start with this team. And a lot of these moves mean I have to do the Battle Frontier, which I couldn't do well in. A bit of On Slowking, I wish to have a move to boost defense, that's why Curse. Waterfall and many other HM-s are too good to be wasted on an HM slave. Another copy of Ice Beam requires me to do the Voltorb Flip which is tedious. If this is emulator, I'd use cheats, but on a real DS it cannot be done. So, I have to make do with the options I have.