• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[SU] Dark Secrets: Regions Divided Sign Up (PG-13)

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I'm here, so I'll do this sign up since I AM the GM of the Protectors.

Just some notes about the sign up.

1. There is no organized ranking system for the Protectors. The important people call the shots, and everyone just follows orders. So...yeah. You're either in or you're not in, the Protectors, like the Syndicate, are very loose. Also, anyone 10 or older can join the Protectors. You're 17, so you can get in easily.

2. You're only allowed to have 3 Pokemon. But...I think there should be exceptions to this rules Exception 1. Your Pokemon aren't that strong. I think you should have a minimum of 3 strong Pokemon, but you can have 6 in total (use your head for what's "strong" and what's "weak". Patrat = Weak, Gigalith = Strong) 2. You are a member of the Trainer's Federation. I think Federation members should have no restrictions to their team. They are, after all, a group that revolves around Pokemon, aren't they? Since all of your Pokemon except one aren't even fully evolved, I think it'll do.

3. You changed the order of some things in the sign up. Not that it matters.

4. I'd like you to notify me if you are going to add Prof. Maple to your sign up, even if it's very small. I just want to let you know.

5. It's TAI, not TIA.

All in all, I think it'll work. I'll say accepted. Welcome to the Protectors.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh, hey, I actually had a question about that only three Pokémon rule. Does it apply to regular humans (ones who aren't cyborgs, etc.) as well? 'Cause it seems like they'd be at a major disadvantage if so.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
I'm here, so I'll do this sign up since I AM the GM of the Protectors.

Just some notes about the sign up.

1. There is no organized ranking system for the Protectors. The important people call the shots, and everyone just follows orders. So...yeah. You're either in or you're not in, the Protectors, like the Syndicate, are very loose. Also, anyone 10 or older can join the Protectors. You're 17, so you can get in easily.

Alright, I wasn't aware of this but I assumed there would at least be some minor differences between people of different ages. Either way, since there's no ranking system the whole thing was unnecessary, so he's a full member of The Protectors.

2. You're only allowed to have 3 Pokemon. But...I think there should be exceptions to this rules Exception 1. Your Pokemon aren't that strong. I think you should have a minimum of 3 strong Pokemon, but you can have 6 in total (use your head for what's "strong" and what's "weak". Patrat = Weak, Gigalith = Strong) 2. You are a member of the Trainer's Federation. I think Federation members should have no restrictions to their team. They are, after all, a group that revolves around Pokemon, aren't they? Since all of your Pokemon except one aren't even fully evolved, I think it'll do.

Yeah, the idea was he freely caught weak Pokemon and stored them in the PC or whatever, but only kept a few with him. To be fair, I don't plan on the Pokemon making an appearance very often.
Also, I don't remember mentioning he was a member of the Trainer's Federation. I have no problem with him being so, as long as everyone's aware his adventure wasn't a "Pokemon Adventure", he was just travelling and caught some Pokemon on the way.

3. You changed the order of some things in the sign up. Not that it matters.

This was on purpose because the Special Power is key to his entire sign up. The other things are to show their effect on his personality. I didn't want to start talking about his special power's effect on his personality without even saying what it is yet. I personally think having personality last is a more logical way of making a sign up.

4. I'd like you to notify me if you are going to add Prof. Maple to your sign up, even if it's very small. I just want to let you know.

That's cool, I've not really thought much about what they actually did together, just that it was him that recruited him into The Protectors. I'd like it if they were pretty good friends, though, if that's okay

5. It's TAI, not TIA.

Sorreh :p

All in all, I think it'll work. I'll say accepted. Welcome to the Protectors.

Awesome, looking forward to the RP start ^.^

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Of course, it'd fine if your character is friends with Prof. Maple. And I'd like to stress that not ALL trainers are in the Trainer's Federation. Just pretty much most of the important ones. :p

And GoldenHouou, I don't know how the rule would apply to races differently. Why would it have different rules depending on what race you are? Why would you have to use not as many good Pokemon just because you have a gun for an arm because you're a cyborg, or have Pidgeot wings that let you fly because you're a Gijinka?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
^ Ok, but what about a normal human without wings, or a gun for an arm? That's what he was asking. :p
---

Not like this matters to me, the character I have in mind only has one Pokemon anyway. She should be up whenever I get to a computer. (I'm on a Wii right now.)

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
No, all races are treated equally. At least Pokemon limit wise.

And you know, I feel the Federation needs a little more push, so I'll change one thing.

Federation members can get permits to use ACTs. BUT, You have to have damn good reason, and you aren't allowed to get something too overkill. A random kid can't get an ACT permit, but someone important like a gym leader or someone who enforces the law or works as a security guard for Federation facilities (like contest halls or gyms) couuld get a permit.

Last edited:

Floorman

Creeping On Le Floor
So, would a gym leader be a character allowed to have more than 3 pokemon? I'm finding myself rather constrained when making my character with that limit.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Name: Janus Blackfield
Race: Human
Faction: The Syndicate

Description:
mask.png

Janus stands 5'11", and has a nimble and athletic frame. As he prefers speed and stealth, Janus is based more on agility and lethality over brute force. As a result, he is more prone to using quick stabbing weapons or silenced firearms. However, when dealing with dicey situations, he can be seen using larger weapons. He only relies on Pokémon if he feels the fight may be prolonged and/or he needs additional help.

Janus wears mostly black clothing, including his leather pants and shoes, as well as his black overcoat and black leather gloves. Meanwhile, he has indigo-colored hair reaches far down enough to cover his eyes and lightly shade his face, while his eyes have a dark glint of red to them. In essence, he doesn't appear that much different from any other Syndicate member.

Personality: Janus Blackfield is, in fact, the real Godfather of the Syndicate. When most people deal with what they think is the "Godfather," they do so using a computer via the highest floor of the Syndicate HQ in Goldenrod, so the authorities or anyone else out to assassinate the Godfather never finds him. As many have tried, the Godfather is simply untraceable, and no one knows where "he" really is.

But the truth is, the "Godfather" most people think is the leader of the Syndicate is actually AI programmed by Janus, all with a computer-generated visualization of an older man in his late 50s with a furrowed brow and an intimidating glare, accompanied by an older man's voice that speaks everything Janus types to the recipient. Thus, he can never really be killed in the traditional sense and can easily be replaced if something were to happen electronically. However, anyone that has used the console is convinced the older man is a real living person. Meanwhile, Janus himself simply appears to be just another assassin and thief working for the Syndicate. As part of his personality, Janus never liked the idea of ruling the Syndicate from behind a desk. The idea bored him to death. When Janus is away from everyone else, he controls and reprograms the AI to address all of the Syndicate's dealings and other matters, although Janus himself closely supervises it. Meanwhile, not just anyone deals with the Godfather either. Only the most highly privileged personnel even get to lay eyes on the console used to speak with the Godfather.

Offhand, Janus is very guile, covert, and enjoys stealth and secrecy. While he loves a good fight, getting injured and scarred isn't his cup of tea. He also enjoys disguises and likes acting.

Janus also has a lust for power and money. He likes the idea of control, but doesn't favor the responsibility part so much. To him, it makes power seem less "fun" and more like a chore. Lately, Janus has been focused more into the development of weapons and computer technology while leaving the genetic manipulation to the TAI. Even so, Janus does not fully trust the TAI, and leaves any kind of loyalty strictly to the contract. After that, they're on their own.

Meanwhile, he enjoys working with the Protectors for their money, but that's it. The moment they're unable to pay him, they and their ideals become nothing to him. In truth, he enjoys the spats between the TAI and the Protectors. While they ruin each other, the Syndicate will reap all the benefits and they money, and eventually he will have control of the world. He feels the whole ways of the Federation need to go, but Janus himself just sees the whole enterprise of Pokémon training and leagues as just another money-making franchise to exploit.

History: Janus was born to the wealthy David Blackfield and Maria Blackfield in Goldenrod City. As a child, Janus was possessive, but he also enjoyed making money, along with investing it wisely rather than spending it on material goods. As a child, he also battled solely for betting purposes. He didn't, however, participate in the League, as he believed it was way too formalized, and he hated its stifling rules. In many battles, Janus liked to raise the stakes higher than what was regulated by the League.

He attended school and was generally a smart student, but he had issues with authority. He also hated work that he felt didn't feel like meaningful assignments. His memory was exceptional, and as a result, he tested very well on exams. During college, he mostly focused on obtaining a business degree, and eventually got his MBA.

The Syndicate started as a business that assisted other business into joining a unified network that worked together to disregard the laws of the government. Essentially, it started as its own black market and continued to grow as more businesses entered the network. Soon, contract killings were offered, as well as drugs, illegal firearms, illegal Pokémon weapons, and many other contraband goods the Pokémon League Federation wanted to rid the world of. Instead, the Syndicate openly defied them. It became the goal of these businesses to overthrow the Federation, and instead create leagues where there were no rules, no regulations, and no red tape.

The Syndicate now offers ACT implants, as well as the recently created mutagens made by the TAI. Meanwhile, Janus continues to operate from behind the shadows, posing as just an ordinary member when in fact he is the true leader.

Special Powers: None.

Other: Janus carries a variety of stabbing weapons, as well as a silenced 92FS Beretta pistol and a silenced Mac-10 submachine gun. He also carries a laptop computer.

Pokémon

Name: Renegade
Species: Absol
Personality and Background: Merciless and cunning, Renegade is a pretty dishonorable fighter, and thinks any kind of honor during a battle is pure folly. He was won after another trainer lost a bet to him.

Name: Guile
Species: Chatot
Personality and Background: A seemingly unusual choice of Pokémon for a person like Janus, Guile is deceptive and arrogant. He enjoys mocking enemies, or provides distractions for Janus in the form of vocal calls that disorient his targets. As for acquisition, Guile was obtained through purchase at a local pet store.

Name: Triad
Species: Hydreigon
Personality and Background: Triad is aggressive and cruel, used only when Janus feels he is in a tight position and needs to "bring out the big guns." He was originally Janus's first Pokémon, starting off as a Deino.