• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Subforum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLynch

Where can I find a list of each of the rules that belong to each subforum?

I have an infraction for “Continuously disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum” and I have no idea what the rules are for most subforums (e.g. The Sword and Shield subforum), nor do I know who actually gave me the infraction.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The rules on subforums are pinned at the top of each subforum. The ones in the Sword and Shield section, for example, are pinned so that people can see them.

JohnLynch

Thankyou. Are you able to clarify which post(s) of mine resulted in a 10 point infraction and subsequent ban?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You're welcome. And no, as it's between you and the mod who gave you that infraction.

JohnLynch

How am I meant to know who that moderator is? It is completely opaque as to who gave me the infractions. If it wasn’t you then I have no way of knowing who did it.

Can you at least tell me which moderator gave me the infraction?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Warnings should be on the left hand side of your profile, just click on that and they should be listed. Maybe you're having problems with it, due to the names being in black font. To be fair, that is rather hard to see, let alone read.

JohnLynch

Warning Date Points Expiry
Trolling Jul 12, 2019 10 Oct 12, 2019 at 2:00 AM
Continuously disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum Jul 9, 2019 5 Nov 9, 2019 at 11:00 PM
Flaming/Insulting Other People Jul 9, 2019 5 Aug 9, 2019
Double Posting Mar 6, 2019 3 Apr 7, 2019
——
There is no way for me to know who the moderator is. There is no column. There is a vague reason (which posts broke the subforum’s rules? Which rule specifically?), but no way of knowing which moderator did it.

When I got the infraction for double posting the moderator was kind (and transparent) enough to tell me that she had done it, why, and which post it was. Not so with the other infractions.

I cannot contact the moderator responsible to gain further information because it is completely hidden from me. There is no black writing which gives me that information.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Warning Date Points Expiry
Trolling Jul 12, 2019 10 Oct 12, 2019 at 2:00 AM
Continuously disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum Jul 9, 2019 5 Nov 9, 2019 at 11:00 PM
Flaming/Insulting Other People Jul 9, 2019 5 Aug 9, 2019
Double Posting Mar 6, 2019 3 Apr 7, 2019
——
There is no way for me to know who the moderator is. There is no column. There is a vague reason (which posts broke the subforum’s rules? Which rule specifically?), but no way of knowing which moderator did it.

When I got the infraction for double posting the moderator was kind (and transparent) enough to tell me that she had done it, why, and which post it was. Not so with the other infractions.

I cannot contact the moderator responsible to gain further information because it is completely hidden from me. There is no black writing which gives me that information.

Didn't you get a pm from the mod who gave you the warning points? Every time I've got warning points the mod who gave them to me also sent me a pm to explain why.

JohnLynch

No. The Sword and Shield mods have refused to engage in any transparency in their moderation of (at least mine) posts.

Yes, for the double post. But that was a different subforum (and kudos to the wonderful moderator who did that. They deserve a big thumbs up!)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This doesn't need a thread. If you follow the rules and don't stir up trouble you won't get infractions. Just a suggestion.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.