• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy - Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
tfVBLey.png

The Rules:

1.) Follow Serebii rules

2.) Follow Smogon tiers and clauses

3.) Only people from Submerged Embassy can participate in this thread

4.) There will be no ‘Johning’ in this tournament. If you are unable to do your match, please let me know ahead of time, so I can switch you out with someone else. If I have not been notified prior to the scheduled match, your game will be counted as a loss and you will be removed from the tournament

5.) Stay on topic and only talk about things related to the tournament. Anything that isn’t about the tournament can be discussed in our main thread

6.) There will be no complaining of hax, damage rolls, different outcomes, and anything of this nature. (These factors are generally out of a person’s control. Please try to be accepting/understanding that it’s not your opponent’s fault, but the game’s)

7.) All matches will follow any rules and guidelines I create. All rules may be subject to change when a new tournament is made

8.) All matches will have a deadline in which they must be completed

9.) Do not link replays unless your opponent agrees to it

10.) All matches will be held on PS (Pokemon Showdown)

11.) All matches will be best of 3

12.) All tournament matches are 6v6 and single unless otherwise stated

13.) Each tournament will last for 1 month. If a situation arises, the time to complete the tour will be extended

To join the tournament, simply say 'in' followed by using the form provided below:

HTML:
Username/PS Username:
Timezone:
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?:
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?:

---
Current Tournament

1YI9emA.png]

Credits to TurboPieFire for the banner​

2-2-2 Monotype Selection

This tournament will be a mixed tier and will use [2] OU Pokemon [2] UU Pokemon and [2] NU Pokemon

ALL the Pokemon must be of the selected type

Each of the 2 Pokemon in the selected tier must also be of the same play-style. ex.) Psychic team-selection: [2] Mega Gardevoir/Latios (Offensive) [2] Slowbro/Mew (Defensive) [2] Musharna/Exeggutor(Bulky Offensive). You can decide which tiers contain the [2] play-styles. A lot of pokemon can also function under various playstyles, such as mew, but it's up to you if you want pokemon like mew to be either say offensive/bulky/or defensive

Once you have selected your monotype team, you must stick with that type throughout the duration of the tournament. There is no switching your selected type/team before or after games. If you select say..an all fire type team, you must use it until the very end of the tournament. You can however, change your move-sets before and after a game, but they must also stick with the type of play-style you picked for your Pokemon. So a defensive Mew will not be using moves such as nasty plot, fire blast, or any hard hitting move of that nature. The defensive Pokemon may still have attacks to deal with obvious threats, such as defensive Mew with psyshock or ice beam

Anyone can choose the same type as someone else, but I don’t suggest there being a ton of similar teams with the same type flowing around. Variety is encouraged

Dual types such as Gyarados can fit on one (not both) of your selected type, so if you decide to use it on a flying team, it must be used on the flying team or if you want to use it on a water team, it must be used on a team only consisting of water (or dual water) types and vice versa. Pokemon with a type change after the mega evolution must still be in the selected type that its normal form has, so if you select say a dark team, you can't use Gyarados as it didn't have dark as its type before the mega evo

If you are unsure of what tier a Pokemon is in, use the PS team builder and Smogon as your sources

Current bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/SEMonoTourney

---

The participants that made it to the finals with their chosen type:

Moonclawz --- > Fighting

vs.

Dragonicwari --- > Water (winner)

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
In

Username/PS Username: Dragonicwari/Dragonicwari
Timezone: -4
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: Yes
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Water

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
In

Username/PS Username: Irrationality/Irrationalityy
Timezone: -5
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Dark

Last edited:

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
I've been itching to battle some peeps who aren't my close friends and therefore know their whole team.
In

Username/PS Username: Sir Niner Steak/Sir Niner
Timezone: Mountain (-7)
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: The opposite of no. (Yes)
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Steel

Last edited:

ShyOctopus

pixel maniac
In.

Username/PS Username: ShyOctopus/ShyOctopus
Timezone: - 5
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: Yep.
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Ghost

Last edited:

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
In.

Username/PS Username: Moonclawz
Timezone: GMT -4
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: I think so
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Fighting

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I will make the bracket as soon as I feel we have an adequate amount of our members join. The deadlines to get matches done will be posted when a new round goes up.

J.Unstoppable502

Force of Nature
Username/PS Username:J.Unstoppable502/TPP James
Timezone:-4
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?:Yes
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?:Flying

Utopian

faults & feats
Username/PS Username: Utopian
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: ya
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: flying

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Username/PS Username: Utopian
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: ya
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: flying

how do you type mega evos. such as gyarados who is flying/water but also dark/water?

It's based off of its normal form. Gyarados can fit on either a water team or a flying team. It can't be on a dark team as normal Gyarados isn't Dark before Mega.

Utopian

faults & feats
It's based off of its normal form. Gyarados can fit on either a water team or a flying team. It can't be on a dark team as normal Gyarados isn't Dark before Mega.

but is it allowed to mega evo if i use it even though im flying type user

e: i oppose this region rule, in flying UU there is no 2 flying types in the same region zzz

e2: clarification of the first edit: aero is gen 1, crobat is gen 2, honch is gen 4, and noivern is gen 6, they are the only UU flying mons

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
but is it allowed to mega evo if i use it even though im flying type user

e: i oppose this region rule, in flying UU there is no 2 flying types in the same region zzz

e2: clarification of the first edit: aero is gen 1, crobat is gen 2, honch is gen 4, and noivern is gen 6, they are the only UU flying mons

Noted your major observance. Changed rule <

Cherche

Banned
Username/PS Username: Cherche / Cinco Diablo

Timezone: GMT -5
Will you get your battle done by the deadline?: Yes.

(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Psychic~

Janaruto

old player
Username/PS Username: Janaruto
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Poison

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Deadline for sign-ups is 6/25/2014 at 11:59 PM EST. Anyone who wants to join, but failed to meet the deadline will be placed as a substitute. Anyone can also choose to be a substitute before the deadline ends.

Capricornus

King of the Seas
In

Username/PS Username: Capricornus/Blaze of Glory
Timezone: GMT-7
(For current tour) What will be your selected type?: Steel

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
All for one and one for all! Best of luck to everyone hehe :]

Round 1 matches must be finished by 7/14/2014 at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.